List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the way Treacy goes about his game. Would be a big loss considering where his development started when he landed at Freo. Had his injury problems thanks to Body Majic šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø but looks set for a big season.

I wouldnā€™t blame a PT for injuries. Hardly anyoneā€™s fault someone gets injured.

Am I the only one who thinks Amiss, Mcdonald, Treacy and Jackson can work all in the same team?
I find it funny when people counter with saying it's too tall, fwd pressure suffers etc. but another way to analyse it is if the opposition ask themselves if they're playing too small against a fwd line like that. ;)
At the end of the day it'll only work if all players involved capitalise on the advantages of a tall fwd line and minimise the deficiencies.

That is true for any 3rd tall who demands defensive attention though, whether itā€™s Jackson, McDonald, JVR, Tabs or even Darcy, Reidy or Knobel resting forward stops the opposition from double teaming them or filling the space in front of a leading Amiss/Treacy.
Yes of course, but Jackson forward almost needs to be double teamed. He requires the opposition to play their structure differently to many other third talls. He is a disrupter by nature. A wild card. That's his value.

Last edited:

I wouldnā€™t blame a PT for injuries. Hardly anyoneā€™s fault someone gets injured.
Not sure whether the criticism is justified, however, a PT that gets it wrong absolutely can expose a player to injury. Athletes follow their PTs advice for a reason, they're supposed to know what they're doing. Just have to look at West Coast, much of their injury issues last season were attributed to getting the off season wrong.
This relates to both soft tissue and joint injuries. Players need to train in the right way to prepare joints.
Of course, accidents still happen, but short or long injury lists often are not just good or bad luck.

I find it funny when people counter with saying it's too tall, fwd pressure suffers etc. but another way to analyse it is if the opposition ask themselves if they're playing too small against a fwd line like that. ;)
At the end of the day it'll only work if all players involved capitalise on the advantages of a tall fwd line and minimise the deficiencies.
The praise/criticism is entirely dependent on the talls not losing marking contests. Either mark it or bring it to ground for a small.

Love the way Treacy goes about his game. Would be a big loss considering where his development started when he landed at Freo. Had his injury problems thanks to Body Majic but looks set for a big season.

Yeh I was always sceptical on hearing these reports of players using this random PT who worked out of his carport

I'm sure from memory hamling also worked with him and picked up an injury in the off season relating to his ankle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh I was always sceptical on hearing these reports of players using this random PT who worked out of his carport

I'm sure from memory hamling also worked with him and picked up an injury in the off season relating to his ankle

Half of WA have worked with him tbh

Acres, Darcy, Shoota, Sharp, Ruscoe, Dogga, then I'm pretty sure schleicher from AFLW and a group of the Freo girls too

Hamling injured his ankle during preseason training. I saw him fall and roll his ankle badly during a match sim.

Coming from JT he put the blame solely on Majic. So thereā€™s that.

Got to hand it to Andy, 100x100 sprints is very impressive considering itā€™s Xmas. I know itā€™s their tradition now but itā€™s still something to marvel at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nic Martin had a breakout season after training with him. Also many others like Jackson, Serong, Darcy so he cant be too bad.

Jeremy Sharp and Luke Jackson were frequents on his insta stories
Jackson is a workhorse, I could have trained him in my parents garage with no formal PT training and got him to AA. Freak!

As for Sharp he was stuck at VFL level for the last two years.

If Brayshaw or Serong roll up to his parents garage Iā€™ll change my take on him.

Jackson is a workhorse, I could have trained him in my parents garage with no formal PT training and got him to AA. Freak!

If Brayshaw or Serong roll up to his parents garage Iā€™ll change my take on him.
This is where you should stop talking.

Youā€™d think with all the money spent on our gym. Personal running individual programs that we could set off season goals?
If the club sanctions or micro managed Gerard Iā€™m ok with this.
But on the outside it doesnā€™t look professional by the club. especially if the
players are running the asylum?
More chance of not doing what the club is striving for. Injuries are a part of sport.
If the guy is so good maybe we should get him working out of Cockburn?
Iā€™ll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back