List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer is to put Sean Darcy on ice as soon as the season is over, fix him up and he ready to run in preseason so he can be a brute with a tank by end of March.
No
The answer is for Sean to pull his fat ****ing finger out and actually start taking his footy seriously
Not the clubs

Do you have any direct information that says he doesn't? Because unless you do I think it's incredibly harsh to be making these assumptions about him. Mf didn't even play today yet suddenly everything is his fault.
Yes, the extra chin under his first chin tells me he doesnt. I'm not blaming him for today, just the defence of him when he clearly isnt as professional as he should be

And you think he doesn't? Darcy isn't blowing out. He's literally been at this weight for his entire career. He won a b&f at this weight. You really think he's had that b&f season and then decided to throw all professionalism out the window?
Yes but at “this weight” you are putting huge stress loads on joints and ligaments continuously. If you have a disposition, do something about it or retire

Hate to pile on, but hard to disagree. A fit and firing, strong version of Darcy puts us over the top, in my opinion.

He needs to get together with Jackson and Treacy let the big cohuna lead them along his path. If Darcy got fitter, and Jacko & Darcy marked like Treacy, we'd be unbeatable.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Try to stay in shape when you can't get on your feet. Fyfe was a ****ing stick when he came into the club. Darcy was already big. Surprise surprise, different people are built differently.
Sorry, immobility isn't an excuse. As a pro athlete he should be counting his macros. Blowing up like this shows you're not serious about your profession.

And you think he doesn't? Darcy isn't blowing out. He's literally been at this weight for his entire career. He won a b&f at this weight. You really think he's had that b&f season and then decided to throw all professionalism out the window?
Ya that was whole 3 years ago.

Carrying that weight year in year out as you get older only gets harder on the body exponentially.
Especially in the ruck

It was also at time when the team was in a totally different phase to now.

Notice how all his contemporaries at the club have lifted the bar in terms of their professionalism as the squads progressed and the teams goals have shifted?

Big baby Darcy’s basically been stuck in a time loop every season since that BnF and our teams noticeably the poorer for it

Sorry, immobility isn't an excuse. As a pro athlete he should be counting his macros. Blowing up like this shows you're not serious about your profession.
I just find it hard to believe that as a pro athlete he's not already doing that. It's bare minimum. I've seen people comment on photos of Darcy taken literal days apart and one person will say that he's slimmed down, while another will say that he's come back in awful shape. Without player weights it's honestly a guessing game. McGovern still gets the "fatty" tag and he looks gaunt in person.

Does Darcy need to lose weight and get fitter? Sure. But it's a hell of a lot easier said than done after recurrent injuries. I just don't believe that he's not already doing everything in his power to acheive that, and I find it hard to believe that the club would just be standing my taking no action if he was that unprofessional.

I just find it hard to believe that as a pro athlete he's not already doing that. It's bare minimum. I've seen people comment on photos of Darcy taken literal days apart and one person will say that he's slimmed down, while another will say that he's come back in awful shape. Without player weights it's honestly a guessing game. McGovern still gets the "fatty" tag and he looks gaunt in person.

Can gaurantee that even if Darcy does reach peak shape he will not look much different to now.
He needs to do whatever Nankervis is doing.

But then again you have blokes like Luke Ryan who are never injured and he's still got a massive gut. So maybe I'm giving the club too much credit for their professionalism standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back