Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So Sturt and Banfield being out of contract is anxiety inducing for me.

Watch us keep Banfield and lose Sturt for a 2nd/3rd to the Hawks or some shit.

We cannot afford to lose Sturt.
angry mob GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

Me if it even looks like this situation COULD happen.

If keeping Sturt meant having to keep Banfield. I'd accept it. Begrudgingly.

It wasn’t depth that let us down today and hasn’t really been all season. When depth has let us down it’s been largely due to match committee.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again - Our depth is poor where our best 22 is poor. Improve our best 22 first otherwise depth is borderline useless.

Obviously Fyfe and Walters are nearly done. Think we need to move on from JOM and Banfield too but I think most of the rest of bottom six players won’t be bottom six in 2-3 years if we give the right opportunity. Hate to break it but most 18 year kid will be for 3-4 years too.

Alex Pearce is massive for us - we won’t win a flag this decade unless he’s involved or we find a 200cm KPD beats who’s just as good. Can’t wait 4-5 years for some of best players to enter their early-mid 30s otherwise we’ll be trying to rebuild parts of team in mid table for some time.

Last edited:
We should have enough to get Bolton and Baker while keeping a first round pick, especially now that we have 2x top 10s (as long as Brissy don't choke)

2x top 10s and 25ish is enough for those 2

Then we hope that Port go out in straight sets, that gets us Berry (hopefully)

Agree to disagree.

We need two small forwards and some class in our midfield, and that is if Sturt signs.

Would take Bolton for pick 7, but can't afford to give up multiple picks for him.

Yeah, we can.

We have three.

Draft picks are a lottery

We should have enough to get Bolton and Baker while keeping a first round pick, especially now that we have 2x top 10s (as long as Brissy don't choke)

2x top 10s and 25ish is enough for those 2

Then we hope that Port go out in straight sets, that gets us Berry (hopefully)

That’s my thinking.

Those two mean no more Banfield, no more O’Meara, no more Aish, and a replacement for Sonny

Wasn't there talk a couple of months ago about Brent Daniels? After watching him today I'd give up what we will use on Bolton to get him in.

Agree to disagree.

We need two small forwards and some class in our midfield, and that is if Sturt signs.

Would take Bolton for pick 7, but can't afford to give up multiple picks for him.
The compromise would be only to take Bolton and not Baker as well . Elite talent in a position we need and good picks left over to fill our other needs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Wagner. He was good…or Walker for that matter
Wasn’t meaning Walker.
(pointing out he was already tied up so we didn’t have another small who could do a lockdown job)

Yea Wagner was ok and like what he brings but it’s a no brainer with regards to him or baker
Not sure how anyone could possibly think otherwise
The fact remains defensively he’s still a liability.

As I said with walkers hands full with jones we needed another accountable small defender and baker would’ve been perfect for Daniels- who destroyed us.

It’s not as tho baker can’t offer what Wagner offers on offence either

Oh your serious!?

Miss banfields contribution today?
What about Jonnos?, omeara ?
How about Wagner down back?
With Walker hands full with jones Daniels absolutely torched us… need to go on?
Walker was on Jones but Daniels torching us was his fault? Cmon..
Walker was moved around today.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back