Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Aish, O’Meara, Banfield, Emmett, Walters will be gone soon.
Fyfe. Sharp if he keeps playing like that, Johnson
I don't really think Baker is replacing Walters, Bolton would be. He isn't replacing Fyfe. Not needle moving for Aish. Emmett isn't playing. Nod could replace O'Meara now. Bana's could be replaced by a resting mid ir possibly Simpson. Sharp isn't used to playing full seasons by the looks.
I don't mind getting him for a second rounder otherwise not that fussed.

I don't really think Baker is replacing Walters, Bolton would be. He isn't replacing Fyfe. Not needle moving for Aish. Emmett isn't playing. Nod could replace O'Meara now. Bana's could be replaced by a resting mid ir possibly Simpson. Sharp isn't used to playing full seasons by the looks.
I don't mind getting him for a second rounder otherwise not that fussed.

He can replace Fyfe. Fyfe is finished.
And we don’t have enough class, and those guys are all rotating through.

Is SPS on will get there but he’s not now. And we need to be contending

Whose place would Baker take that would shift the needle

Actually think this is a pretty good question.

In my mind he’s 100% best 22 and 100% improves us but I am quite curious as to how we use him if he’s playing for us next season. He could replace a number of different players, including players that IMO we shouldn’t be thinking of replacing.

How much will we need to give up for both Bolton and Baker?

Doubt we have much left.
This draft class is apparently quite deep and we have a recruiting team which is elite at spotting talent. I'd rather for once have an off-season where even before you account for youth taking steps the best 22 improves (genuinely on paper probably hasn't happened since the 2018 off season), and then give them enough list spots and picks to fill the gaps.

Gotta be ruthless with the list. Looking at the 2021 off season - delisted 4 players who played a combined 33 games that season (Bewley, Duman, Conca and Watson), and delisted then re-rookied 2 further in-contract who played a combined 29 (Blakely and Crowden).

He can replace Fyfe. Fyfe is finished.
And we don’t have enough class, and those guys are all rotating through.

Is SPS on will get there but he’s not now. And we need to be contending

Actually think NOD would be good to replace Fyfe. We played him on the wing in 22 cos of his speed but he’s a bigger body with inconsistent ball use. He’d more be replacing Johnson who’d move to where he belongs on the inside.

If he’s got the tank, I actually think Baker would be fantastic in the ‘role’ JOM is playing for us atm. Not sure the club would drop JOM from the team though.

Further to this I think some on here are a little harsh on depth/fringe best 22 players that haven’t been in the system overly long. There’s some players there that will be AFL depth standard if they improve as little as 5%.

Actually think NOD would be good to replace Fyfe. We played him on the wing in 22 cos of his speed but he’s a bigger body with inconsistent ball use. He’d more be replacing Johnson who’d move to where he belongs on the inside.

If he’s got the tank, I actually think Baker would be fantastic in the ‘role’ JOM is playing for us atm. Not sure the club would drop JOM from the team though.

Further to this I think some on here are a little harsh on depth/fringe best 22 players that haven’t been in the system overly long. There’s some players there that will be AFL depth standard if they improve as little as 5%.

He played like Richards does for Bulldogs.

Would be good in midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton is a need now, if it wasn't clear before, it is now. He slots right into our forward line.

Banfield either needs to be dropped down permanently to Peel Thunder or get delisted.
You can't enter negotiations needing a contracted player.

It won't end well. Hope we are prepared to walk away

You can't enter negotiations needing a contracted player.

It won't end well. Hope we are prepared to walk away

Agree there’s inferior small forwards that’d still be pretty good and would cost half as much.

I think Richmond will want that top ten pick but Collingwood and teams sh*tting the bed against them are making it harder for us.

Agree there’s inferior small forwards that’d still be pretty good and would cost half as much.

I think Richmond will want that top ten pick but Collingwood and teams sh*tying the bed against them are making it harder for us.

Berry plus one of Richards or Owies would be good.

Need to keep Sturt as well

Have we signed anyone this season? We've only extended guys who were already contracted in Clark, Treacy, Simpson, Draper afaik.

You’d think we’d hear quite a lot next week otherwise we might see a fair exodus of fringe players over the off season.

Sturt and Wagner (I think he re-signed even if the club is saying nothing) aren’t a fringe but on top of there’s probably 3-4 I’d see as quite useful depth and/or in their second/third year with development left that we’d like to keep on.

Have we signed anyone this season? We've only extended guys who were already contracted in Clark, Treacy, Simpson, Draper afaik.
Idk about club-announced, but AFL site did say we'd signed Wagner and Reidy (Reidy one there was a slight flip-flop-flip from signed to "advanced negotiations" and maybe back to signed).

Fwiw, none of our OOC players (or in-contract for that matter) have appeared on any of Gettable's "update on 30+ players who might leave" episodes.

By the end of the year we should see the following gone:
  • Banfield
  • Williams
  • Hughes
  • Stanley
  • Corbett
  • Taberner
  • Jones (who?)
  • Kuek

We should keep:
  • Sturt
  • Reidy
  • Kobel (who?)
  • NOD
  • Voss
  • Emmett (but only a year)
  • Wagner

By the end of the year we should see the following gone:
  • Banfield
  • Williams
  • Hughes
  • Stanley
  • Corbett
  • Taberner
  • Jones (who?)
  • Kuek

We should keep:
  • Sturt
  • Reidy
  • Kobel (who?)
  • NOD
  • Voss
  • Emmett (but only a year)
  • Wagner
Keep Jones imo.

He's a young KPF that always needed time.

Pretty sure there's zero chance we delist Banfield but I'd lose no sleep if we did.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back