• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We really need to offload atleast one of Brodie/JOM/Erasmus

probably the one that gets us the most back (Erasmus?)

It'll be Brodie. Ras being picked over him means that Ras has overtaken him in the pecking order.

Keep Jones imo.

He's a young KPF that always needed time.

Pretty sure there's zero chance we delist Banfield but I'd lose no sleep if we did.
Oh I know we're not getting rid of Banfield. Only hope is that another team offers him something more attractive and he goes for that. Has not had a good game since Collingwood.

DFA. We'd get nothing for him. Still, the empty list spot and extra couple hundred thousand is more than enough.
Nah we'd get a compensation pick if the contract is large enough. Being previously delisted actually makes him an unrestricted free agent which is different to delisted free agent.

See players like James Jordan and Mabior Chol who moved in a similar way.

Honestly think we'd be compensated because we ourselves won't be offering him nothing. Whatever he'd get elsewhere would need to trump that.

For me Banfield would need to raise his floor (ie games like today) if he wants a permanent spot in the 22, but I think it’s unlikely given his age and experience.

The problem with our bottom few players is not how good they are at their best - it’s that their worst is dead set momentum killing, game losing material, and we can’t have that anymore, its costing us games and this season, finals experience.
Bakers a yes for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with our bottom few players is not how good they are at their best - it’s that their worst is dead set momentum killing, game losing material, and we can’t have that anymore, its costing us games and this season, finals experience.
Yep nailed it and also highlights the reason someone like baker makes us instantly better.

As for banfield im still happy enough (even taking in today ) to keep him on as depth But providing ,we grab Bolten/baker i really hope its only as mid/wing depth and not forward depth

His Cat 10 errors are just so much more soul destroying in our fwd 50

Should be JOM. Wtf is he doing at Fremantle. 30. One final.
Another 2 years of 15 disposals per week. **** off
JOM is not up to the modern game where you need pace, unfortunately Nat is in the same boat

Very good players (especially Nat)in their prime but we have got to look to the future, Hawks got rid of JOM and Mitchell and went backwards for a while but they are now flying after bringing in some youth with run

I'm fine with Banfield as depth for two years to be honest and I've made my thoughts known on him plenty of times.
I'm not. Dog act last week and ****ed our finals chances this week, singlehandedly. **** him off the list immediately.

For me Banfield would need to raise his floor (ie games like today) if he wants a permanent spot in the 22, but I think it’s unlikely given his age and experience.

Bakers a yes for me.
Our bottom 5 or 6 only need to be 5% off and we lose games like today. The problem with players like Banfield is they have become comfortable about their place in the side whereas in the first half of the year he knew he was on the edge of being sub or playing for Peel so had to perform.

After watching Reidy hold his own today in the ruck and constantly seeing Darcy break down every second game. Would it be such a bad idea to look at trading Darcy to a team like Geelong for a 1st round pick and possibly a future 2nd?

This would free up salary cap space and we would have a ruck man that is likely to play every game.
I think we'd benefit a lot more from someone actually winning in the ruck than losing respectably in the ruck. Darcy also offers more around the ground.

Talks about trading him can wait a year or two and reasses. Way too premature now.

JOM is not up to the modern game where you need pace, unfortunately Nat is in the same boat

Very good players (especially Nat)in their prime but we have got to look to the future, Hawks got rid of JOM and Mitchell and went backwards for a while but they are now flying after bringing in some youth with run

Neither are quick, neither have great skills.

We need more place and skills all over the ground. At least Fyfe bring size to the midfield, but he slowing now.

I would not mind Erasmus next week if Fyfe not 100%

Are we really in a position to be topping up with trading players in? We've sat out the last 2 drafts at the top end and now we are okay with basically doing it for the next 2 years? Taking no first round draft picks for 4 years is a bad idea.
Yes that's literally exactly what we need. We need ready made players to plug the holes in our team. Another Cooper Simpson is not going to lift us. Shai Bolton would.

Are we really in a position to be topping up with trading players in? We've sat out the last 2 drafts at the top end and now we are okay with basically doing it for the next 2 years? Taking no first round draft picks for 4 years is a bad idea.
Good point.

Need to keep bringing in top end talent.

We should keep at least one pick either way

We will still be taking a pick though

we have 4 inside 26 rn

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back