List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 84 50.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 20 11.9%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

From a list management POV they really shouldn't be chasing him.

They are going to have to give up minimum 2 but most likely 3 assets to get him. I think we can afford that with our current list, but a list like their so barren with talent i'm not so sure its a good move.

WC don't have to give up 2 or 3 assets. They can just give up pick 1 or 2 next year. Warner is probably way better than anyone they could draft. The AFL want the Swans to stay up the top for ratings, and might also do something to help Sydney like tell WC they will give them a priority pick, but only if they trade it to Sydney.

So now down to Stanley, Emmett, Knobel and Jones to add to the currently three list spots opened up by Tabs, Hughes and Kuek? Bonus spot for finding a home for Brodie
Knobel must stay. He’s raw but he’s going to be a freak soon.

Depends.

I’d show him a **** load of tapes of Cameron Ling and tell him we want him to be like that only faster

I would show NOD the tapes of himself kicking running goals and say we want more of this. He's athletically gifted so turning him into an inside tagger just seems like a waste to me. Let teams worry about NOD not have NOD worry about them.

Richmond cant pay any of Bakers contract that totally on his new club
Go Away Reaction GIF

I would show NOD the tapes of himself kicking running goals and say we want more of this. He's athletically gifted so turning him into an inside tagger just seems like a waste to me. Let teams worry about NOD not have NOD worry about them.

Ling used to do that on the regular while tagging

Using NOD as an inside tagger would be an incredible waste of his abilities.

They seem to use it as a way of getting players up to speed in the middle. They did the same with Young and now he is off the leash. Great way to learn what the best players do, watching the vision during the week and then first hand in the game.

Also, I doubt it would be a Crowleyesque tagging role, not so close checking.

Nank would only have 2 or so years left in him as well, makes perfect sense list wise for them to be after someone like Knobel.

Losing Nobel and watching him become a beast would suck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knobel must stay. He’s raw but he’s going to be a freak soon.
I don't think he will unfortunately, probably trade bait for Richmond. It's a shame because if he continues his current trajectory, I can see him competing for Darcy's spot. We really need a plan B for Darcy cause I'm loosing faith.

I don't think he will unfortunately, probably trade bait for Richmond. It's a shame because if he continues his current trajectory, I can see him competing for Darcy's spot.

I was watching Reidy against Jones on the weekend and thinking Knobel may be a better match as he’s just bigger

They seem to use it as a way of getting players up to speed in the middle. They did the same with Young and now he is off the leash. Great way to learn what the best players do, watching the vision during the week and then first hand in the game.

Also, I doubt it would be a Crowleyesque tagging role, not so close checking

Yeah, I get that the team likes to do it that way but I don't really see the need myself. Young was going to be an offensive weapon in the midfield regardless if he spent 10 games playing the defensive role. The best mids mostly either start off playing forward (backline as well recently ie Daicos and Sheezle) with some mid time or just pure midfield time. Can't think of any that started as taggers then went onto become the best, only we seem to think you need to learn by tagging.

I wasn't going to say "I told you so" in regards to O'Driscoll, but I told you so.

Genuinely was shocked at how many people genuinely thought he was a chance to walk out and leave, was never in doubt that he was staying in my opinion.

The more I think about it, we surely really want Houston picking North? Would give us a chance to have a real win. Surely Richmond are valuing North's future 1st over 9 or 10 given the volume of picks they'll have this year and we are basically the only club they can trade their future 1st for. Gives us an absurd amount of power as the middle man.

Pick 9 -> North F1 (top 5 pick expectation)
North F1, 16 - Bolton, Richmond F2

If played right, you could generate a future pick 19 out of nothing. Houston picking North could be huge for us.
If you dont mind me intruding and giving a richmond supporters opinion on this on your board

Richmond would rather picks in this years draft than in 2025 but early picks
If freo could haggle pick #2 from North in some way then that pick would be what we would be looking at

Richmond will be looking to move #21 into next year for a F1 possibly to Geelong or Pies maybe even Port
very good chance we will have pick #1 again and possibly pick #2 with Noah Balta as a free agent that would attract Mac Andrews level interest and with Dyson Sharp / Archie Ludowyke as the stand out mid and Fowards i dont know if Richmond will match that type of offer.

I also think North will be better next year than people may think and wouldnt surprise me to see them finish 10-13 range with all the talent they now have and another year

It would be insane for Richmond to not pay a chunk of Boltons salary. Effectively they need to pay someone or risk penalties due to not meeting minimum salary cap requirements. If you think 9 and 16 doesn mean Boltons being rated as having elite trading value compared to previous trading for elite contracted players you know 0 about player trading history and thats not even for drafts considered to have terrific talent in the first 20 picks like 2024. Do better.
Lynch $1.5
Hopper $700k
Taranto $700k

Think we have enough front ending that wont be an issue
But cap space is a tool that could be used to get better picks and as of next year cap trading is a high chance to come in
pay everybody up and buy picks with cap space next 2 years then free agents would be the plan

If you dont mind me intruding and giving a richmond supporters opinion on this on your board

If freo could haggle pick #2 from North in some way then that pick would be what we would be looking at

Richmond will be looking to move #21 into next year for a F1 possibly to Geelong or Pies maybe even Port
very good chance we will have pick #1 again and possibly pick #2 with Noah Balta as a free agent that would attract Mac Andrews level interest and with Dyson Sharp / Archie Ludowyke as the stand out mid and Fowards i dont know if Richmond will match that type of offer.

I also think North will be better next year than people may think and wouldnt surprise me to see them finish 10-13 range with all the talent they now have and another year

What if we did mind?

You touched on it but your club is going to be interested in getting at least one extra future 1st and North's is going to be the best one up for grabs. It's just too many picks this year and if there's any club that can be patient to possibly get MAXIMUM value, it's Richmond. 5 or 6 picks top 20 picks in one draft is just not the best way to go about things IMO.

Everyone keeps expecting North to go up, yet down the bottom they stay and who else do you honestly think is more likely of being bottom 4? For North, pick 9 is more valuable than their future 1st if it means getting Houston. For Richmond, I'd have thought it's about getting as much value as possible and you cant possibly lose because North's pick is absolutely not going to be pick 9 next year, even if they improve.

I keep getting told by a Richmond supporter that the top 5 is where it's at and you wouldnt take the unloseable gamble to get one?

This is the deciding factor tbh, can Richmond walk away from the picks if negotiations get too tough, or likewise can Freo walkaway from Bolton et. al?

Might be a Freo bias thing, but Freo are in a stronger position here using that perspective. Outside looking in, Tigers fans seem extremely excited they are going to get the world purely because Freo have the currency, and Freo fans seem to want to only part with minimal currency... so it'll likely be somewhere in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back