List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is unfair on Treacy. Compared to Tabs who was also from the rookie
draft.
Tabs is still here after ten years, and Josh has more footy brains, ticks more boxes.
At worst he could be played down back, but as the 3rd tall he goes alright.
He is not the main target and works well with Amiss, when Jackson isn’t the 2nd tall.
I’d be more worried about Sturt, like many players at Freo they don’t look like
AFL bodies.
Treacy to me still doesn’t look he has been pushed physically, he is not highly
skilled, so he needs to be that power athlete.
Amiss will be that combination of skill and power, you can already see the strength
conditioning he has done. That’s why he was a top ten pick.
Club doesn’t seem to have the testosterone, aggression needed to become a force
over the entire list. Do they just do their own programs?
Which would be fine if we played a fast paced game, which we don’t.
I'm 100% sure Sturt will be delisted end of year

Hey! Don't lump myself or Taylor in with the rest of you lot! Was very much NOT in the camp of either Hogan or Lobb and I didn't even know they were campaigners at the time.

Are we due for a third round?
Hogan, Jackson, ??

I'm 100% sure Sturt will be delisted end of year

I hope he signs a three year extension and everyone is happy about it. Kicking bulk goals and everyone wins.

I think Treacy is a perfect player to evovle into a very good defender.. has pace, strong, 195 cm and would prefer being led to the ball and being accountable rather than being a creative forward who has struggled to master the running patterns to be able to be an effective forward … might not be quite Chris Tarant but would be equal to our much criticised but underrated Grand final full back Zachary Dawson… the fist mark 2.. the skipper Alex Pearce will be lured to captain Tasmania when they enter the comp

What's your feelings on Logan?

I think he will be one of our better runners within two years and covering midfield kms in games, burning out opposition key backs taking marks on the lead over and over and over. Similar to Nick Reiwoldt.

We will move the ball better and later in the games we will see all our tall forwards open up space on their opponents.

That's not to mention that most clubs try and leave their key backs on the field almost the entire game, if not the whole game, and a player like McDonald with his huge running capacity will have them use their rotations on tall defenders.

Amiss is much faster, much more agile but McDonald is a big tall half forward style midfielder that can take a mark and kick a goal.

A top five pick tall forward from WA with an ELITE junior career and tracking just fine in my eyes, he has had a season or two stifled by shin issues in preseason.

If we don't get him this year I don't think we could ever afford him. Similar to Jackson, but Jackson is a higher impact player.

Jackson will be our highest impact player nearly immediately.

I need Treacy to take marks, or be paid about $300k a year for his contract so that he is very adequate depth.

McDonald is a superior player. I think he could replicate Josh Kennedy's career moving back to WA.

I think he will be one of our better runners within two years and covering midfield kms in games, burning out opposition key backs taking marks on the lead over and over and over. Similar to Nick Reiwoldt.

We will move the ball better and later in the games we will see all our tall forwards open up space on their opponents.

That's not to mention that most clubs try and leave their key backs on the field almost the entire game, if not the whole game, and a player like McDonald with his huge running capacity will have them use their rotations on tall defenders.

Amiss is much faster, much more agile but McDonald is a big tall half forward style midfielder that can take a mark and kick a goal.

A top five pick tall forward from WA with an ELITE junior career and tracking just fine in my eyes, he has had a season or two stifled by shin issues in preseason.

If we don't get him this year I don't think we could ever afford him. Similar to Jackson, but Jackson is a higher impact player.

I need Treacy to take marks, or be paid about $300k a year for his contract so that he is very adequate depth.

McDonald is a superior player. I think he could replicate Josh Kennedy's career moving back to WA.
I'll be paying much more attention to him this year, unless he re-signs obvs.

I think Treacy is a perfect player to evovle into a very good defender.. has pace, strong, 195 cm and would prefer being led to the ball and being accountable rather than being a creative forward who has struggled to master the running patterns to be able to be an effective forward … might not be quite Chris Tarant but would be equal to our much criticised but underrated Grand final full back Zachary Dawson… the fist mark 2.. the skipper Alex Pearce will be lured to captain Tasmania when they enter the comp
Why do people keep saying this about Pearce? Just because he's Tasmanian doesn't mean he'll play for them.

Besides he'll be 32+ when Tasmania first step onto and AFL field. That's if it all goes to plan and with this stadium proviso a delay of a season or two is possible maybe even probable.

I don't think Treacy will be a better defender in 2027 than either of Davies or Murphy tbh.

Why do people keep saying this about Pearce? Just because he's Tasmanian doesn't mean he'll play for them.

Besides he'll be 32+ when Tasmania first step onto and AFL field. That's if it all goes to plan and with this stadium proviso a delay of a season or two is possible maybe even probable.

I don't think Treacy will be a better defender in 2027 than either of Davies or Murphy tbh.
Could be a good time to cash in on Moose and demand a decent pick or two (especially if he's leaving to be their first captain, which isn't unrealistic) Maybe Murphy is coming on by then and we can top up the list with some juicy picks

Could be a good time to cash in on Moose and demand a decent pick or two (especially if he's leaving to be their first captain, which isn't unrealistic) Maybe Murphy is coming on by then and we can top up the list with some juicy picks
What pick are we getting for a 32 year old? Not one this board would have any excitement over that's for sure.

The man is 28 and has at least 3 years ahead of him (if his body holds up).

The man is 28 and has at least 3 years ahead of him (if his body holds up).
He/she was talking about end of 2027 when Tasmania come into the competition the next year I'm pretty sure.

If Pearce is still going than I'd rather him sign one year deals than get pick 50+ for him. That's all we'd get when he's 32+ imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can run teams into the ground like you are describing, we should get the trade done quickly and position Treacy as you recommend.

He will open up the forward line for Jye, Jackson and the smalls. Ball movement will look a lot better without strategic changes.

He/she was talking about end of 2027 when Tasmania come into the competition the next year I'm pretty sure.

If Pearce is still going than I'd rather him sign one year deals than get pick 50+ for him. That's all we'd get when he's 32+ imo.
Should have clarified that i meant 2027 when Tassie is supposed to enter and will be on the look out for homegrown marquee players to sign

He bleeds for anything Tassie

I think if we achieve a prem then he will go, he would have paid his dues and moved on, it'll be tougher for him to leave if we haven't won one and he's still best 22 though

Should have clarified that i meant 2027 when Tassie is supposed to enter and will be on the look out for homegrown marquee players to sign
Give it up mate.
Moose won't be playing for Tassie.
He loves coming back to Ulverstone over the Xmas break to see family and friends but his career will be over when they enter the competition.

writing that last post reallly highlighted for me how much lachie s leaving has hurt our team.

The need for a collard or bolton or pickett or simpson (ok being a little optomistic) to get our team to the next level is pretty profound.

Sam taylor is a need
Logan mcdonald is a need
But a lightning fast / mercurial small
Forward is a must!

Surely there are lists in a rebuild that would swap 2 1sts for what we need?

Btw think zurhaar is worth the gamble if we dont pay overs. He adds something different to our forwards that is only going to make it harder for opposition players to defend against.

You'll have to narrow it down, 3 Lachie's have left (Neale, Weller, Schultz). ;)

Just watched Jon Ralph spew up some garbage about JL on the program On The Couch. Colin Young still feeding him nothing stories. Not many of his managed players on the list now. Walters the only big name now.

From what I’ve been told JL has the backing of the board and the contract will come at some point this year, obviously they along with members want to see the runs on the board and I’m sure when Freo produce a big win similar to Hinkley contract they'll announce it.

There was a game in particular last year against Carlton where Freo copped a hiding. Post game chatting to a couple of the players, one of them said JL had laid out the blue print and what to watch for and just like he predicted, it unfolded and the players were unable to execute it. Just needs a bit of tinkering I suspect (sorry I couldn’t help myself)

We're $4 to make the 8 so external expectations are low. If they're proven correct and we're not in contention for the top 8 after 17-18 rounds JLo and Bell have to go IMO.

Because it was mentioned elsewhere, imagine if Cam McCarthy had the ability to give a s**t about anything in life and was 28/29 playing in our forwardline as the 3rd/4th tall still...

I sometimes think that about 2013, if Ryan Murphy or Graham Polak had fulfilled their potential to support Pav the result could have been different. Or if Kepler didn't do his knee.....

Give it up mate.
Moose won't be playing for Tassie.
He loves coming back to Ulverstone over the Xmas break to see family and friends but his career will be over when they enter the competition.

Could have maybe one or two years left but he’d almost certainly be at the point where no one is going to offer him more than one year by then.

I think Tasmania will be better off targeting young Tasmanians and the odd veteran with 3-4 years left tbh. Sort of a mix between what Gold Coast and GWS did tbh - in an ideal world Tasmania probably recruits as many AFL-listed players for their first season as both teams combined plus as many of the best state league players in the country as possible. Personally I’d rather give them one or two priority picks for five years after they come in (not that I think that’s a good idea either) then see them run out with 12-15 teenagers and a few washed up veterans in Round 1, 2028.

If Tasmania were in the AFL next season Alex Pearce would be captain of Tasmania in 2025 - and that's his prerogative - it just sucks for him that the timing will probably mean he ends up as a playing assistant coach for a year or so.

Hey! Don't lump myself or Taylor in with the rest of you lot! Was very much NOT in the camp of either Hogan or Lobb and I didn't even know they were campaigners at the time.

Let's not forget that all the hand wringing around his injury was based off some total misreading of studies on navicular injury recovery by people on here (including myself initially). If people are going to retrospectively toot their horns they need to acknowledge that they were actually posting based on opinion that was objectively wrong, and they happened to be correct because of totally different reasons.

Pearce turns 29 this year and was drafted in 2013, 11 years ago now.
This Tasmania AFL team also has some doubt surrounding it still, if you believe Sam McClure (who some on this board think is one of the best journos in the business)
There is a crucial election coming up in March and the proposed stadium is still a hot topic.
I think the tas team is still several years away, possibly even 2030. If Pearce leaves at 34 or 35, well good luck to him. He’s owes us nothing by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back