List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just looking at the top goalscorers currently, Fritsch 14 from 5 games. Gee, a medium tall like him would be very handy right now....

At the moment there is a lack of small forward talent in the draft.
Trading a pick forward into next year's draft is an option.

We don't just need more players. We are at the list stage where we need to be surgical. Trading especially but also in the draft. 'Best available' needs to be tempered.

I don't have concerns though and think our list management is very good.

We don't just need more players. We are at the list stage where we need to be surgical. Trading especially but also in the draft. 'Best available' needs to be tempered.

Agree with this. We need very specific types of players now and all our list management moves should reflect that.

So happy we found a long-term winger in Sharp, and on the cheap, too.
Yeah that looks an absolute bargain at the minute. I was worried after his first couple of games as I thought he wasn't finding it enough and looked a bit timid.

Then he took that defensive contested mark last week had 30 touches this week and suddenly I feel really good about it.

Agree, I am getting more and more on the baker train.

Brandon Starcevich looks to me a good get as a free agent at the end of 2025.

Warner would be brilliant. Stengle is a pipe dream, but is exactly the player we are missing.

We definitely don't need a developing 1st round tall unless we're putting a line Treacy and I personally think he's tracking fine.

Walters maybe has this year and next and we absolutely should be prepared for the possibility he's not up to it next year.
Switta never plays a full season.
Sturt may get back but even his supporters (including me) are rightly concerned the jig is up

We're looking for a proper class finisher and HHF that get into space and can kick to forwards advantage. They absolutely can be gotten in the mid-late first round and can impact ok in their first couple of years.

Weightman
Miers
Bailey
Pickett
Probably a bunch of others I've forgotten.

All taken around or after where our first 3 picks are going to be.
Imo Baker will be too loyal -repay the faith Richmond showed him & help the tigers rebuild.I know Bolton signed a contract extension but we’ve got ample picks & Richmond need picks to claw back the ones they lost for Taranto & Hopper.

We definitely don't need a developing 1st round tall unless we're putting a line Treacy and I personally think he's tracking fine.

Walters maybe has this year and next and we absolutely should be prepared for the possibility he's not up to it next year.
Switta never plays a full season.
Sturt may get back but even his supporters (including me) are rightly concerned the jig is up

We're looking for a proper class finisher and HHF that get into space and can kick to forwards advantage. They absolutely can be gotten in the mid-late first round and can impact ok in their first couple of years.

Weightman
Miers
Bailey
Pickett
Probably a bunch of others I've forgotten.

All taken around or after where our first 3 picks are going to be.

Although unpopular I’ll say it again,
and again and again……
SHAI BOLTON !!!!!!
Covers the need for speed with bursts from the middle and stoppages…
More a forward than a midfielder in my opinion, but has great footy IQ …. Killed us last year at home in the last quarter - playing on the ball in the wet.
If this isn’t the player we should been over and reamed for I’ll be stuffed…

Although unpopular I’ll say it again,
and again and again……
SHAI BOLTON !!!!!!
Covers the need for speed with bursts from the middle and stoppages…
More a forward than a midfielder in my opinion, but has great footy IQ …. Killed us last year at home in the last quarter - playing on the ball in the wet.
If this isn’t the player we should been over and reamed for I’ll be stuffed…
Why would it be unpopular?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton is my ideal target as the exact type of player we need. Richmond board were starting to turn on him start of year so it gave me a little hope but I think someone would have heard rumblings if he was a chance
Totally agree re Bolton. He is class and has the tank needed for our current game style.

In term all the other potential needs I would just say a week is a long time in footy and the season even longer. Making list management calls based of a game is just not realistic. And the club isn’t going to be doing this.
Let our younger guys have a full season to develop.
Amiss is currently down on form;
Treacy had a few bad plays;
Jackson had a shocker.
Let’s see what next week brings.
They are all young and this is normal development for young KP’s.

Tough calls will need to be made on our older players at the end of the year. But let the year play out.

We are 10 wins away from finals. We have 10 Optus games with 1 away against the Weagles and our home game against them. Win all these and we play finals.

Hopefully the target was McDonald and now that’s seems to have been squashed, Walls etc have a whole season to get into Shais ear.
I think atm easily our biggest area of need.
So much cash and picks it should be possible.
Really need Richmond to shit it up this season so they go rebuild mode.

Never really wanted Shai. Desire to keep winning, and other possible red flags always thought wasn’t worth the risk..
But can’t help but feel a guy like him on the list yesterday breaks that game apart with his Xfactor

Wild suggestion but just hear me out...

Our 3x First round picks for Pick 1 from West Coast. I don't even mind if it's our future 1st instead of our later pick (likely from port). They go through this year realising they have glaring holes and quantity vs quality wise 3 picks will do them better.
We don't need another 3 kids, we need the best kid. A goal kicking half forward gun who plays from round 1. We need the quality over more kids to develop.

*This is very much dependant on what players are actually available from the draft and I am a hard no if it's just another great midfielder. But worth a look?

Still cannot believe drafted Logue at pick 7 with Shai Bolton picked up at pick 29.
Scouting report overrated that one
He's not the only superior player taken after but I don't think we can complain about our drafting in general. It's been far better than most sides recently, especially the ones that don't get gifts.

Wild suggestion but just hear me out...

Our 3x First round picks for Pick 1 from West Coast. I don't even mind if it's our future 1st instead of our later pick (likely from port). They go through this year realising they have glaring holes and quantity vs quality wise 3 picks will do them better.
We don't need another 3 kids, we need the best kid. A goal kicking half forward gun who plays from round 1. We need the quality over more kids to develop.

*This is very much dependant on what players are actually available from the draft and I am a hard no if it's just another great midfielder. But worth a look?
Will Brodie would be a better fit for both parties.
He’s not getting a game for Freo and would help out their kids.
Unless JOM plays predominantly forward, this trade has stopping WB and Erasmus getting games.

Will Brodie would be a better fit for both parties.
He’s not getting a game for Freo and would help out their kids.
Unless JOM plays predominantly forward, this trade has stopping WB and Erasmus getting games.
Brodie AND Erasmus may ask out. That’s not ideal.
Then it’s Fyfe and JOM with Johnson.
The 4 years to JOM, after career best season from Brodie still doesn’t make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back