List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild suggestion but just hear me out...

Our 3x First round picks for Pick 1 from West Coast. I don't even mind if it's our future 1st instead of our later pick (likely from port). They go through this year realising they have glaring holes and quantity vs quality wise 3 picks will do them better.
We don't need another 3 kids, we need the best kid. A goal kicking half forward gun who plays from round 1. We need the quality over more kids to develop.
*This is very much dependant on what players are actually available from the draft and I am a hard no if it's just another great midfielder. But worth a look?
I like the idea but unless two of Freo, Collingwood and Port really sh** the bed from here our three first rounders won't get us close.

Just feel as though us and Collingwood are around 6-10 tbh with the worst case scenario being around 12th. Port Adelaide are right in contention.

West Coast probably need to trade pick one if they don't get compensation picks tbh. The draft is so ****ed that pick 19 (which is already 21) will drop back to pick 30-35. They need to trade pick one otherwise they'll need to find diamonds in the rough to get more than one good player from the draft... Its BS that is hopefully sorted out by the time we're rubbish again some time next decade.

He's not the only superior player taken after but I don't think we can complain about our drafting in general. It's been far better than most sides recently, especially the ones that don't get gifts.
If you didn't know Ryan's age you could easily tell someone Freo drafted their National Draft picks the other way around and they'd probably believe you. Strange draft all round.

Still cannot believe drafted Logue at pick 7 with Shai Bolton picked up at pick 29.
Scouting report overrated that one

Our draft that year was so good I can't complain. We secured three A graders which is ridiculous by any standard. Darcy - Cox and Ryan.

Bolton, Stewart and Larkey all went late. Lot of misses in the first fifteen selected.

He's not the only superior player taken after but I don't think we can complain about our drafting in general. It's been far better than most sides recently, especially the ones that don't get gifts.
Agree with this ….
Can you imagine if we drafted Cam Raynor if he slipped ….
Most underwhelming pick 1 I can remember

Trading a pick forward into next year's draft is an option.

We don't just need more players. We are at the list stage where we need to be surgical. Trading especially but also in the draft. 'Best available' needs to be tempered.

I don't have concerns though and think our list management is very good.
Pickett was a great pick up the Dees. Sure, they lost Serong but you could argue they won the flag because of addressing a need.

The West is reporting McDonald wants to stay at Sydney, but when are they ever right?

I remember hearing how Jackson and Melbourne were very close and meeting "next week" to discuss contract quite a bit a couple of years ago.

I've seen Nathan Wilson in a press conference saying how he isn't thinking about coming back to WA at all, four weeks later he is in purple.

I remember Colin Young on the radio saying that Brad Hill was intent on seeing out his contract with Freo.

None of it is real until the ink hits the contract. Not a single manager will say anything potentially adding pressure to the play from their own current supporters. Not any professional will torpedo their own clients season a month in.

Not after what happened to Phil Davis at Adelaide.

I remember hearing how Jackson and Melbourne were very close and meeting "next week" to discuss contract quite a bit a couple of years ago.

I've seen Nathan Wilson in a press conference saying how he isn't thinking about coming back to WA at all, four weeks later he is in purple.

I remember Colin Young on the radio saying that Brad Hill was intent on seeing out his contract with Freo.

None of it is real until the ink hits the contract. Not a single manager will say anything potentially adding pressure to the play from their own current supporters. Not any professional will torpedo their own clients season a month in.

Not after what happened to Phil Davis at Adelaide.
I hope you are right. Can definitely see we need some class added to that forward line

The mid to forward connection seems to be the flaw of our squad at the moment. So if we had pick #6, #14 and #17 would trading all three for an elite player like Bolton be reasonable given its exactly what we need?

Or do we prefer drafting and hoping we find someone as good as Bolton in one of those picks?

The mid to forward connection seems to be the flaw of our squad at the moment. So if we had pick #6, #14 and #17 would trading all three for an elite player like Bolton be reasonable given its exactly what we need?

Or do we prefer drafting and hoping we find someone as good as Bolton in one of those picks?
Bolton doesn't solve the mid-forward connection though, he brings class to the forwardline. Besides, Bolton is a pipe dream. Signed until 2028 which was a five year deal back in 2022. He is clearly committed to the club. Our defence is top four imo so now we need to use all of our picks to improve our attacking football.

Bolton is extremely overrated, both in the media and on this board. He is flashy but wildly inconsistent and will have one good game every 4 games or so. He would not be the answer for us

Our ideal missing piece is a proper bull goal kicking mid, like a Petracca or Dusty type, which are obviously extremely difficult to find. In the absence of that, a goal kicking wing like Gulden would be next best, or a small forward with true natural goal sense like Pickett or Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton is extremely overrated, both in the media and on this board. He is flashy but wildly inconsistent and will have one good game every 4 games or so. He would not be the answer for us

Our ideal missing piece is a proper bull goal kicking mid, like a Petracca or Dusty type, which are obviously extremely difficult to find. In the absence of that, a goal kicking wing like Gulden would be next best, or a small forward with true natural goal sense like Pickett or Cameron

Someone like Lachie Schultz would be nice. :( ( Nope, still not over it. ) And I'm probably down as saying that we gotta move on.. but damn. I dare say woulda/coulda made the difference on Saturday.

What we need is Harley Bennell without the drug and calf issues.

Don't think of Bolton then, choose another gun mid/fwd we can offer over a million bucks and three first round picks for.

Is the value worthwhile when we have other pieces in place?

Someone like Lachie Schultz would be nice. :( ( Nope, still not over it. ) And I'm probably down as saying that we gotta move on.. but damn. I dare say woulda/coulda made the difference on Saturday.
We have some at Peel, it’s up to JLo to play them. I know we are tracking well this year but you could have said the same after 2022.
We lose Fyfe or Walters and who else wants out and it’s back to 2023.
We need to blood Simpson, Delean, and Brodie, Erasmus are wasted at Peel.
I’m hoping we rest Fyfe and Sonny during the year, and invest in youth and an
eye on 2025.
Having the old boys cherry ripe at the end of the fixture, then who knows how far
we can go?
How many times has injuries or players carrying niggles have derailed our season?

Don't think of Bolton then, choose another gun mid/fwd we can offer over a million bucks and three first round picks for.

Harley Bennell ?? No thanks

We have some at Peel, it’s up to JLo to play them. I know we are tracking well this year but you could have said the same after 2022.
We lose Fyfe or Walters and who else wants out and it’s back to 2023.
We need to blood Simpson, Delean, and Brodie, Erasmus are wasted at Peel.
I’m hoping we rest Fyfe and Sonny during the year, and invest in youth and an
eye on 2025.
Having the old boys cherry ripe at the end of the fixture, then who knows how far
we can go?
How many times has injuries or players carrying niggles have derailed our season?

Those names right there have so much upside . Simpson in particular.

Issue is cap space not draft capital imo. We need to choose wisely on who to poach. Let's assume Mcdonald, Baker, Warner are all poachable. They all serve different needs but we can theoretically only afford two if we are lucky.

Peak Des Headland would be nice

He is the exact type we have needed for five years.

Type. Midfielder who can play forward, Walters in his prime.
It's easy to say he coulda been something, the thing is he wasnt. There are a heap of players that could of been what we are looking for.

We just need to find the next Toby Green in the next draft..
If there isn’t one just the next Jeremy Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back