Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we'd get what's needed for us to make the trade tbh.

What we could consider it's West Coast's second rounders (both this year's and next) for our first rounder. It's basically what we did with Port last year but the value of the first rounder is fixed. Short of West Coast rising up the ladder which would be beyond a miracle imo we can't lose that trade. The second rounder would still be valuable points but wouldn't help us out as much in a potential Warner trade.
I think we could. Cal has already spoken about teams wanting to trade their future 1st to get into this years draft.

Draft boards could be wildly different this year. Eg someone could have a player like Sid Draper at 1. If hes there at 6 when we are on the clock I could see a club desparate enough to move up a handful of spots and trade their F1 for our F2. Especially if multiple clubs want the pick
I think we are a better chance extorting North. It's the perfect draft for them to trade down and get a KPF in the teens to develop and they could be stupid enough to think they could be big risers next year.

I don't think we'd get what's needed for us to make the trade tbh.

What we could consider it's West Coast's second rounders (both this year's and next) for our first rounder. It's basically what we did with Port last year but the value of the first rounder is fixed. Short of West Coast rising up the ladder which would be beyond a miracle imo we can't lose that trade. The second rounder would still be valuable points but wouldn't help us out as much in a potential Warner trade.
Is this with a view to taking two early seconds to the draft? Or just taking value for our first rounder given demand to get into the first round, and continuing to reassess where to from there?

Teams have always paid overs to move up the draft order.

We're literally talking the opposite. It'd be a strange situation and my gut feel is a few here simply have their purple glasses on.

Not strictly Freo related, but just "accidentally' watched a First Crack clip on YT discussing the perils of the Pies (!!). Bemoaning how they're getting too old and there's not enough talent underneath coming through, if you remove the Daicos twins alone...

I saw some of the comments backing this up. One of them was about Schultz not fitting! I'm starting to wonder if they regret that trade at all..?! Thought maybe it would help them go back to back? So, out of curiously I went to see what draft picks they currently have......28, 44 & 46 only, so it's not really a very good draft hand if they're wanting to add talent through the draft. Even if they want to trade, they have zilch currency there to add good talent and if they're trading out....unless it's Bobby Hill, who else has much currency..?!

They'd have to maybe trade from 2025 into 2024 if possible, and even then, it's pushing their 'young top ups' back, because they'd have the same problem in 2025, unless they completely bottom out and leave their draft picks as is, which I can't see happening...it's becoming a predicament similar to where the Eagles find themselves now...

They might end up in a world of hurt post this season. Next year they have something like 10 players over 30 if they all remain on their list, including spuds like Cox who is 34 now (!!). I couldn't believe that. I really hope they keep them!!

Back to Freo, this Schultz trade which hurt at the time and I was against, as were many others could really be the break or bust of both clubs....setting them back, setting us up. It's weird how the pieces of the puzzle fit, sometimes, in ways you didn't see or expect......going to be an intriguing watch this off season, irrespective of what happens in 2024 yet.

We've heard of Walls wanting to get up the order unsuccessfully multiple times but it's never happened outside of Serong and even that was only a couple of spots. Reckon he's too tight.

I think this is the first year it really makes sense for us IF there is a player that is highly likely to improve our B23 almost straight away. Wilson or Windsor might be playing for us this year and Watson almost certainly would have played some games.

At the moment I wouldn’t do anything with these picks other than take them or use as bait for Warner.

If he’s not coming this year, take the first two, trade the last into next year.

Really comfortable with where we sit.

McDonald is back on deck in 6 weeks or so, shoring up the key backs, rucks are set, key forwards are set.

Two more high draft picks/and or Warner and LFG!

Baker isn't enough of an upgrade for me to chase over Switta so I'd only be going for him if Switta was indeed leaving, pretty good like for like I think and Baker is definitely the better player.

Bolton for mine is just so much exactly what we lack that I'd still pursue him even if it meant Switta was now sub or just outside best 23. Bonus with Bolton is the rumours (not mine, Daniels and DragoDelph ) are that HE actively asked about going us. That makes a big difference to me
Especially for first rounders. Is he an upgrade on any smalls we have?
Baker doesn’t play small forward. He’s a half back floating around wing.
Switkowski has been great in the wins this season.

I'd love to use a 1st to try and get dan curtin.

between him and youngie we would have 2 good sized left footers who could go back mid forward and have some real damage. Have really liked our versatility of late with the mids going forward and forwards getting into the midfield more. Feels almost like those dominant brizzie and cats teams

between him and youngie we would have 2 good sized left footers who could go back mid forward and have some real damage. Have really liked our versatility of late with the mids going forward and forwards getting into the midfield more. Feels almost like those dominant brizzie and cats teams

It's a good point, about the mids moving or rotating through the forward line; it creates opposition headaches. Different match ups to have to contend with, I think it's a big reason why the team dynamic is good at present despite the odd loss or wobble, like Hawks. I mean, it's never easy to win in Tassie anyway and the Hawks are easily much improved (unfortunately!).

But overall, our team cohesion looks good and that ability to mix it up is definitely a big step forward because they're executing roles to aplomb. We'll see how far it takes us in 2024.....shortly ;)

Curtin has been underwhelming. Eithe the doesn’t want to be there or he has to develop in state leagues same as Erasmus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From AFL,
Curtin has been underwhelming. Eithe the doesn’t want to be there or he has to develop in state leagues same as Erasmus
From afl.com
“ Daniel Curtin continued to push for another chance at senior level with a good performance in Adelaide's 38-point win over North Adelaide on Saturday.

Curtin, the No.8 pick in last year's Telstra AFL Draft, had 20 disposals, five clearances and kicked two goals.”

Not strictly Freo related, but just "accidentally' watched a First Crack clip on YT discussing the perils of the Pies (!!). Bemoaning how they're getting too old and there's not enough talent underneath coming through, if you remove the Daicos twins alone...

I saw some of the comments backing this up. One of them was about Schultz not fitting! I'm starting to wonder if they regret that trade at all..?! Thought maybe it would help them go back to back? So, out of curiously I went to see what draft picks they currently have......28, 44 & 46 only, so it's not really a very good draft hand if they're wanting to add talent through the draft. Even if they want to trade, they have zilch currency there to add good talent and if they're trading out....unless it's Bobby Hill, who else has much currency..?!

They'd have to maybe trade from 2025 into 2024 if possible, and even then, it's pushing their 'young top ups' back, because they'd have the same problem in 2025, unless they completely bottom out and leave their draft picks as is, which I can't see happening...it's becoming a predicament similar to where the Eagles find themselves now...

They might end up in a world of hurt post this season. Next year they have something like 10 players over 30 if they all remain on their list, including spuds like Cox who is 34 now (!!). I couldn't believe that. I really hope they keep them!!

Back to Freo, this Schultz trade which hurt at the time and I was against, as were many others could really be the break or bust of both clubs....setting them back, setting us up. It's weird how the pieces of the puzzle fit, sometimes, in ways you didn't see or expect......going to be an intriguing watch this off season, irrespective of what happens in 2024 yet.
Collingwood would kill to have ginivan right now.
Shultzy is the poor mans gini. 😁

Shultz is still a good player guys we don't need to retcon the whole trade from Collinwoods perspective. Ginni is a high half forward that doesn't tackle enough or pressure enough for mine. He's getting plenty of the kicks but defensively Shultz is far superior and he is still averaging 0.1 of a goal more to boot. You asked me to chose one I'd go Lachie, and that's even accounting for being 5 years older.

From AFL,
From afl.com
“ Daniel Curtin continued to push for another chance at senior level with a good performance in Adelaide's 38-point win over North Adelaide on Saturday.

Curtin, the No.8 pick in last year's Telstra AFL Draft, had 20 disposals, five clearances and kicked two goals.”
Daniel Curtin's past 5 performances
1. 18 disp, 0.0 GB, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 2 CLS
2. 14 disp, 0.0 GB, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 1 CLS
3. 14 disp, 0.0 GB, 5 marks, 8 tackles, 1 CLS
4. 22 disp, 2.0 GB, 4 marks, 7 tackles, 4 CLS
5. 21 disp, 2.0 GB, 5 marks, 1 tackle, 5 CLS

Some average performances but finding some good form recently.

Apparently, Walls was trying to get up the order with future picks etc to get to Nate Caddy last year but we didnt have the currency. Looks like a player too.
Yeah a source told me this one on draft night

That's the problem with trading in on draft night though, Noone really wants to move out of the draft

Giants turned down eagles F1 for Curtin

Cats turned down whatever future we offered to move back 1 spot and pickup a pick in the 30s

Yeah a source told me this one on draft night

That's the problem with trading in on draft night though, Noone really wants to move out of the draft

Giants turned down eagles F1 for Curtin

Cats turned down whatever future we offered to move back 1 spot and pickup a pick in the 30s
Pick 2 or 3 probably now

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back