Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Try to stay in shape when you can't get on your feet. Fyfe was a ****ing stick when he came into the club. Darcy was already big. Surprise surprise, different people are built differently.
Sorry but I call bullshit. He is a highly paid professional athlete and not being able to run doesn't affect what you put in your mouth. When you can't run you need to pay even more attention to your diet than you normally would because you need less calories when you're inactive. The man just needs to start taking his profession more seriously. He's one of the highest paid players at the club and a leader ffs.

Same applies to the 'bad genetics' excuse. You don't just say oh well it's not my fault. It means you have to pay it even more attention and absolutely be on point with your diet etc.

Again. I rate him highly. But he's taking the piss...

Having thought about it JL has to go. Like I said in the autopsy thread I think everyone is just too comfortable at the club and no one is really pushing these guys to chase excellence. Need a new voice to come in and really drive higher standards and push these guys to get the best out of themselves. Some guys have really gone up a level like Treacy and Young. But a lot of the younger guys have stagnated.

Just spitballing because I don't actually know but I get we got JoM for experience and standards etc, did it ever occur to the club that getting someone who'd spent a decade losing wasn't the best example? I know it's not JoM fault, but he's played in largely trash teams and has no idea how to win.

We'd have been better off chasing some ex Tigers or even Cats. Guys that have been there (however small their contribution) and done it.

Has he received an extension in recent times?
Beveridge the dumb campaigner said it on gettable last week and was reported in the works on the AFL site.

Do they not include these things in contract clauses though? Like if you're signing someone with weight issues and knee issues on a long term deal can you not add clauses related to weight/body fat/availability etc?

Reading that article though it seems clear to me that now at least he's taking things seriously re weight loss. Why did it take so long? Probably because his availability wasn't actually an issue until mid last year. And we can't go back in time, so what's the point on dwelling on what he did in the past? All we can hope is that he continues along that path and comes back lighter and fitter.
Darcy is adding calories by knocking back the 🍷 now instead so he hasn’t really achieved anything. He needs to go away in the off season and shed some weight if he wants to have some longevity in this game.

Darcy is adding calories by knocking back the now instead so he hasn’t really achieved anything. He needs to go away in the off season and shed some weight if he wants to have some longevity in this game.

Darcy's fat ass needs to loose 10kg. He will still have the strength if he trains properly

Now a liability to the team, incredibly unreliable and his knees won't last 6 more years in the AFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people have a problem with Ryan. Why the backline coach keeps giving him a legit defensive role is beyond me. He is one of the most useless defenders i have ever seen. Intercepting, is a different story.
I hope we are in the market for better coaches. Seriously..

Agree

Absolute stat padder. Takes the kick outs and simply kicks it to his mate. Hes looking unfit, likely tied to some sort of back injury he's always got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver lining to us spudding it up for the last two weeks is that we’ll have two top 10 picks to play with, Bolton and Warner are a real possibility this year!
Who says no?
Freo give 8 & F1, Sydney give Warner
Freo give 10, 16 & 25, Richmond give Bolton and Baker.

A lot of people have a problem with Ryan. Why the backline coach keeps giving him a legit defensive role is beyond me. He is one of the most useless defenders i have ever seen. Intercepting, is a different story.
I hope we are in the market for better coaches. Seriously..

Ryan and Cox are leaves from the same tree in that regard.

Both great intercept defenders when they are allowed to play the floating role in defence. But 1-on-1 when they have to be accountable for their opponents they are both hopeless.

Ryan especially, 2 minutes to go yesterday, we are 5 points down, Ryan and Chapman in a 2-on-1 inside 50 with Danger who is not renowned for his contested marking, and Danger plucks it with relative ease and neither of our boys impacted the aerial contest at all. With the game on the line that’s unacceptable from both of them, but I put more of the onus on Ryan in that scenario given he’s the senior defender of the two.

Not to mention how he got towelled up by Sicily in the 4th quarter of the Hawks game a few weeks ago.

Injuries aren’t an excuse, we deserved to lose the last 2 games, but we miss Moose dearly and it shows. We have no elite 1-on-1 defenders at the moment. Our defence use to be the hallmark of our game but I’ve got no confidence in them at the moment.

Last edited:
Biggest issue to me is that opposition bounce clearances tended to end up right on top of the goal square and ours, aside from that Young kick, tend to land 35m out and towards the boundary.

Granted, we don't have a crumbing forward gameplan but an opposition centre bounce clearance seems far more dangerous than our own.

Ryan and Cox are leaves from the same tree in that regard.

Both great intercept defenders when they are allowed to play the floating role in defence. But 1-on-1 when they have to be accountable for their opponents they are both hopeless.

Ryan especially, 2 minutes to go yesterday, we are 5 points down, Ryan and Chapman in a 2-on-1 inside 50 with Danger who is not renowned for his contested marking, and Danger plucks it with relative ease and neither of our boys impacted the aerial contest at all. With the game on the line that’s unacceptable.

Not to mention how he got towelled up by Sicily in the 4th quarter of the Hawks game a few weeks ago.

Injuries aren’t an excuse, we deserved to lose the last 2 games, but we miss Moose dearly and it shows. We have no elite 1-on-1 defenders at the moment. Our defence use to be the hallmark of our game but I’ve got no confidence in them at the moment.
True. Treacy is a huge loss but I think Pearce maybe just that bit more. Just seems our def when the balls coming in is very suspect to being out marked . Noone to effect a spoil as they all trying to go for the mark.

The goal when they all flew and there was two cats behind in first quarter was frustrating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True. Treacy is a huge loss but I think Pearce maybe just that bit more. Just seems our def when the balls coming in is very suspect to being out marked . Noone to effect a spoil as they all trying to go for the mark.

The goal when they all flew and there was two cats behind in first quarter was frustrating

Yeah I forgot about that one. I think that was the one that put them up 4 goals to none. Our poor starts are another recurring problem in their own right.

They kicked some very easy goals yesterday. That one you mentioned, Neale twice from less than 10 metres out, Mannagh from 20 metres out completely uncontested to ice the game, which was directly preceded by Danger who would’ve iced the game himself had he not shanked the soccer attempt in the goalsquare. That’s just the ones I remember.

3 of those instances came in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line. Individually and structurally it’s not good enough, we give up too many freebies and it cost us again.

Maybe we are just a young team with poor depth who have over performed during the year and are now running out of steam.

I still think we need 1 more person running through the middle, to give the rest more of a break. 2 crumbling forwards would be great. We need to make the most of our opportunities plus stop the ball flying out our forward 50

This would explain our poor first quarters.

Baker and Berry and we will improve us a lot next year.

Adding another classy one touch mid, or a quick half back would be a bonus.

Not making finals would be a massive failure. I was thinking top 4 coming into this week.

Crows got Rankin for pick 6.

Bolton is a lesser player than Rankin. Why are we paying way overs to get him.

His goal accuracy really concerns me. We don't a player missing key shots on goal.
Rankine was out of contract. Bolton still has 4 more years on his, that’s why it costs more as the clubs can say no

Crows got Rankin for pick 6.

Bolton is a lesser player than Rankin. Why are we paying way overs to get him.

His goal accuracy really concerns me. We don't a player missing key shots on goal.

Bolton has an extra 4 years on his contract.

Watching Banfield and Switta and Emmet and Freddy not incentive enough for you?

I’d say 8 and 16 or something plus Baker for 25 is in their favour but it’s not a roasting, and it gives us a shot at Berry

Interesting looking back that when we bought Jackson in we could have traded Darcy & picked up some handy mid/forward talent and played Meek.

Hindsight & all but with what Knobel/Reidy are showing we could still do it & pay for Bolton/Baker & keep a sweet draft hand.

Interesting looking back that when we bought Jackson in we could have traded Darcy & picked up some handy mid/forward talent and played Meek.

Hindsight & all but with what Knobel/Reidy are showing we could still do it & pay for Bolton/Baker & keep a sweet draft hand.
The biggest issue with that trade is that Jackson hasn’t played a good game since April.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back