Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that is the selling point. We do lack that in the midfield. He should be ok in the pretty good forwardline we are putting together as well...assuming he can be a little team orientated.
If by some miracle we get him and Warner in, our rolling mid-fwd Corp would be the best in the league. Strength when needed, speed and explosiveness if required, a heady mix of the two should that be best. We really would have versatility to get on top regardless of who we'd be facing.

As for people crying about overpaying; those picks are not worth what they usually would be to us. Say we pick a Bolton or Warner with our picks, they won't be in the side for a while or contributing at the level they need to for a couple of seasons minimum. Therefore if we spend them all but get those two, so what?

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having thought about it JL has to go. Like I said in the autopsy thread I think everyone is just too comfortable at the club and no one is really pushing these guys to chase excellence. Need a new voice to come in and really drive higher standards and push these guys to get the best out of themselves. Some guys have really gone up a level like Treacy and Young. But a lot of the younger guys have stagna
I like JL when we are winning. 🤣
Most of the losses we have been painfuly rudderless and banal.
There is no flexibility.
Seems to miss doing the obvious.

Far out for some reason I was thinking of Owens from St Kilda. I had no idea what people were on about haha.

Yes, Bolton is much better than Owies from Carlton. Owies would not improve us - he's a slightly better but much older Emmett. Small forwards and one more A Grade mid are what will hold back Carlton just like us - We have the same problems as they do tbh.
Owies is a better goal-kicker than Emmett at this point. The snap he missed in the Essendon match was unacceptable for a small forward at AFL level.

Owies is a better goal-kicker than Emmett at this point. The snap he missed in the Essendon match was unacceptable for a small forward at AFL level.
Emmett is a second year player and I'm not sure I really rate him. There's a small chance he'll be okay for us.

I really don't rate Owies at all. So much so I forgot he existed for a bit there.

I really don't rate Owies at all. So much so I forgot he existed for a bit there
His name sounds like something a toddler says when he falls over.
Fail Falling Down GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Petracca anyone haha?

Unhappy at Melbourne, down side being he is 28 but could get a good few seasons from him.

Would also cost two first rounders at a minimum.

Also don’t see him leaving the state of Victoria but I can dream this scenario’s in my head

Having just heard the recent rumours, seeing Christian Petracca at the Royal Perth GC membership office last weekend makes a lot more sense

JL will have Bolton playing at Peel because he doesn't pressure or tackle enough.
How many do you reckon he'd kick at Peel? 70?

Make their games interesting.
Petracca anyone haha?

Unhappy at Melbourne, down side being he is 28 but could get a good few seasons from him.

Would also cost two first rounders at a minimum.

Also don’t see him leaving the state of Victoria but I can dream this scenario’s in my head
I think Bolton is much better value for a similar price, just by age and likelihood of actually attracting the player.

Having just heard the recent rumours, seeing Christian Petracca at the Royal Perth GC membership office last weekend makes a lot more sense
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

How many do you reckon he'd kick at Peel? 70?

Make their games interesting.

I think Bolton is much better value for a similar price, just by age and likelihood of actually attracting the player.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
I would go Petracca over Bolton COMFORTABLY. I'm much more confident I'm getting an actual superstar, age be damned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we keep losing close games & there is debate over Bolton’s worth?

We don’t have match winners with big game experience, Bolton is that player. He may have quiet games, he might kick a few points but he can impact in the middle & forward & will compliment our team of hard workers.

He lifts blokes around him & frees up others because opposition will put their best small defender on him & he’ll draw defenders to him.

If he wants to come home, we get him here. Let’s see what he can do in front of family & friends. He looked good at home against us.
A small forward isn't going to stop our mids from freezing up and shitting their pants whilst they lose every centre bounce/clearance convincingly in these tight finishes late in games.

I would go Petracca over Bolton COMFORTABLY. I'm much more confident I'm getting an actual superstar, age be damned
Nah, explosive athlete about to hit 30, big risk you don't get more than 40 top end games out of him. I'd agree if he were a couple of years younger or less reliant on burst.

Nah, explosive athlete about to hit 30, big risk you don't get more than 40 top end games out of him. I'd agree if he were a couple of years younger or less reliant on burst.
There's so many intangibles that would do so much for us though. He would win a Norm Smith for us in the next 3 years and I'll pay any price for that.

It's all for nothing because if Melbourne are stupid enough to be chasing Houston, they arent trading him and he's never coming here anyway

There's so many intangibles that would do so much for us though. He would win a Norm Smith for us in the next 3 years and I'll pay any price for that.

It's all for nothing because if Melbourne are stupid enough to be chasing Houston, they arent trading him and he's never coming here anyway
As good as he is, at his age and with his athletic profile and our trading history, that's a disaster waiting to happen.

For a painful example close to home, Fyfe dominates in 2019 with Chas no2. He is ok in Covid (I think, don't really remember) and has since played 51 games at about 50% of peak capacity. Fyfe was 28 in 2019. It's a massive risk when we have other options. If he was the only option then sure.

And Bolton is just the sort of player to win a Norm out of nowhere.

A small forward isn't going to stop our mids from freezing up and shitting their pants whilst they lose every centre bounce/clearance convincingly in these tight finishes late in games.
No experience will sort that but a good small forward will kick goals over the course of a game that hopefully won’t have us in the position where it comes down to the last minutes to win a game.

With how potent the talls are now (even with Jackson woefully out of form), some quality on the deck should see us separate games a lot better when we're on top.
Getting Bolton should be enough to project us into the top four. Getting both Warner and Bolton should guarantee us a premiership. The frustrating part is that Brisbane has a less talented list then us and yet they are more successful. Talent isn't everything and JLo needs to pull his weight.

Getting Bolton should be enough to project us into the top four. Getting both Warner and Bolton should guarantee us a premiership. The frustrating part is that Brisbane has a less talented list then us and yet they are more successful. Talent isn't everything and JLo needs to pull his weight.
There are no guarantees but they would sure improve the odds (all else equal).

Which SA player under contract would move to Port so that Houston can move to Melbourne and allow Petracca to move tooo..... Gold Coast?

Lukosious

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back