Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

“Daniel and Shai are contracted players, and as you saw on the weekend – are very, very good players,” Yze continued.

“Those discussions will happen at the end of the year, and right now we see them obviously as required players and very talented players."

I thought that you're supposed to wait until trade period to walk back the "they're not going anywhere and this is incredibly disrespectful" line they were peddling. There shouldn't be any "discussions to happen" at all.

“Daniel and Shai are contracted players, and as you saw on the weekend – are very, very good players,” Yze continued.

“Those discussions will happen at the end of the year, and right now we see them obviously as required players and very talented players."

I thought that you're supposed to wait until trade period to walk back the "they're not going anywhere and this is incredibly disrespectful" line they were peddling. There shouldn't be any "discussions to happen" at all.
Bolton and Rioli both gawnski if they are already pushing up the trade price with the “required players” line.

Can someone do a side by side snapshot of Darcy and Meek….???
I know that Meek gave off Jack Hannath vibes early with his turning circle capability- but geez he is ripped now…
Darcy ….injuries need to be packed away, can’t help but think his injury history is related to his size… and he is a little soft.

On defenders….
I know that Mitch McGovern had his detractors, but as a backman and a swingman I would look at poaching him from the Blues…

On defenders….
I know that Mitch McGovern had his detractors, but as a backman and a swingman I would look at poaching him from the Blues…

He's 30 next year.

Our defense is actually good. We're number 1. Draper is playing reasonably well as cover.

Pearce, Cox, Draper, Chapman, Walker, Clark, Wagner is a very solid back 7. There's growth in Draper and Chapman to come. I don't see why we would even consider attempting to poach McGovern.

On defenders….

Why? He honestly isn’t better than Josh Draper is right now in his second season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve argued on here for year we are not cutting enough players at the end of each season. People get so attached to guys that are just not good enough to be long term AFL players. There has been heaps of examples of bizarre contract extensions.

Karl Worner got a 2 year deal as a rookie last year while Sam Sturt only got one year.
Hughes getting 3 years on his last deal.
Brodie signing a 4 year contract and hasn’t played a game since.
Reidy is another puzzler if reports are to be believed. Extending him again but refused to play him last week.

Players like Stanley, kuek and Corbett all need to be cleared out this off season.
It’s a deep draft and we can’t afford to be missing out on potential good players because of misplaced loyalty to rookie listed players from two or three years ago.
If you want to win flags, you don’t cut many players.
The list turnover at Fremantle since 2018 has been huge.

Would rather watch Kuek, Voss, Reidy develop as depth and add another dimension.
Stanley has been solid. Rather keep him, but instead may get delisted and duds such as JOM get to stick around

I know that Meek gave off Jack Hannath vibes early with his turning circle capability- but geez he is ripped now…
Darcy ….injuries need to be packed away, can’t help but think his injury history is related to his size… and he is a little soft.
Meek isn’t that slow. His willingness to attack the deck once the ball hits the ground, is a big asset.

I’ll give you this:
Since Meek traded end of 2022:

Meek - 33 games (out of possible 44)- 898 hitouts

Darcy - 27 games - 961 hit outs.

Is Darcy really that better? Hard to say.

Last edited:
Darcy has already missed 9 games this year on top of 8 last year, so only played around 60% of available games since start of last season.

He needs to get fitter and lose some weight.

If you want to win flags, you don’t cut many players.
The list turnover at Fremantle since 2018 has been huge.

Would rather watch Kuek, Voss, Reidy develop as depth and add another dimension.
Stanley has been solid. Rather keep him, but instead may get delisted and duds such as JOM get to stick around

We need to delist most of those guys just to comply with AFL rules.

I won’t be disappointed if we delist any of the players you’ve mentioned other than Voss. They’re not AFL standard and don’t add to our depth - Reidy might actually, the others don’t.

Stanley has disappointed me this season. If you’ve been watching WAFL you’ve watched different games than I have. The stats don’t tell a different picture either - sub-15 disposals isn’t good enough and what he does with those touches isn’t overly impressive.

We need to delist most of those guys just to comply with AFL rules.

I won’t be disappointed if we delist any of the players you’ve mentioned other than Voss. They’re not AFL standard and don’t add to our depth - Reidy might actually, the others don’t.

Stanley has disappointed me this season. If you’ve been watching WAFL you’ve watched different games than I have. The stats don’t tell a different picture either - sub-15 disposals isn’t good enough and what he does with those touches isn’t overly impressive.
It’s a shame, I had high hopes for Stanley, injury has struck at the wrong time for him. He needs to get some impressive performances from here on to keep his spot in the squad even as a rookie

It’s a shame, I had high hopes for Stanley, injury has struck at the wrong time for him. He needs to get some impressive performances from here on to keep his spot in the squad even as a rookie

Agree but short of a surprise exit I can’t see how he stays.

We have those four picks and need to have five exits to use them. The first one of those picks we trade for a player a reckon we just use three picks but I doubt we use less than three.

Delisting too many players isn’t a reason for having less depth. We’ve delisted **** all recently. Players being traded out and pushing good picks into the future is why depth isn’t as good as it could be.

Still think our depth is okay in most places bar ruck (I want to see Reidy yo confirm this) and small forwards but it’s keeping younger players nearly best 22 and drafting well that’ll improve it. Using Taberner and Worner last weekend wasn’t a good look for depth. With Worner especially there was 5-6 better options.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back