Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh right. Totally forgot about our Peel players. Who are they exactly and if they make the GF when will that be?

Davies, McDonald (maybe), Simpson, Brodie, Erasmus, Aish (maybe), Tabs, Emmett, Worner, Hughes, Knobel, Kuek (maybe), Stanley, Reidy, Jones (maybe), O'Driscoll (maybe), Murphy (maybe), Voss, Delean, Williams (maybe)

Maybes are potentially not enough games played to qualify for finals.

Grand final is 22nd September

Davies, McDonald (maybe), Simpson, Brodie, Erasmus, Aish (maybe), Tabs, Emmett, Worner, Hughes, Knobel, Kuek (maybe), Stanley, Reidy, Jones (maybe), O'Driscoll (maybe), Murphy (maybe), Voss, Delean, Williams (maybe)

Maybes are potentially not enough games played to qualify for finals.

Grand final is 22nd September
Gee, there are a more than a few potential delists in that group. Some possible trades, too.

I like how high you are on young Knobel. I haven't seen him play, but he sounds the goods based on your enthusiam. How many league games has he played this year? I thought it was only a couple. Most in the reserves.
4 I think, the weekend wad probably the first ruck battle he didn't win, and the others he dominated. Even then, he did pretty well against a guy thay give Reidy problems (Scott Jones). I'm 100% positive he's an AFL starting ruck, just how long it takes to get there

Anyone on long contracts trade bait.

Frederick is one of those ones we can't afford to lose but at the same time is this his actual ceiling inconsistent, missing but can do the freakish on any given day.

Rocks & Diamonds but we are seeing more rocks atm.

Do we just have to live with it and ride the rollarcoaster.

If 12 months down the track he has had a similar season he may be worth putting on the trade table.

Yeah I don’t really think NOD has any info on players leaving I think he was just generalising anyway. Chances are at least one player will get traded. Could be someone like Worner too. Not really ever gonna be more than depth here while always doing well for Peel and someone like Richmond were interested in him last year.
Players talk, he would know who wants to stay,go or haven't been offered a contract

Anyone on long contracts trade bait.

Frederick is one of those ones we can't afford to lose but at the same time is this his actual ceiling inconsistent, missing but can do the freakish on any given day.

Rocks & Diamonds but we are seeing more rocks atm.

Do we just have to live with it and ride the rollarcoaster.

If 12 months down the track he has had a similar season he may be worth putting on the trade table.
I think Freddy's best position is wing. He was flying last preseason at the start of training but then for the second year in a row he had his preseason severely effected by injury. If we get two of Bolton Baker and/or Joe Richards from Collingwood I think Freddy should spend most of his time wing.

If Freddy has a full summer on the training track I think he'll be our most improved player in 2025.

I think Freddy's best position is wing. He was flying last preseason at the start of training but then for the second year in a row he had his preseason severely effected by injury. If we get two of Bolton Baker and/or Joe Richards from Collingwood I think Freddy should spend most of his time wing.

If Freddy has a full summer on the training track I think he'll be our most improved player in 2025.

I don’t think he’s tough enough for wing.

I don’t think he’s tough enough for wing.
Yeah I guess I do. I don't want O'Meara or Johnson on the wings next year. Hopefully NOD and Chapman also have big summers. Obviously the wing is a position getting to maximum fitness is important. I'd like a four wing rotation with our wings next year to be Sharp and NOD with Chapman roating wing/back and Freddy rotating wing/forward.

Freo need to hold there 3 first round picks & dont get tempted by dreggs from other teams, remember the Tim kelly failure. Bolton is about the only player i would give up a 3rd rounder and no more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo need to hold there 3 first round picks & dont get tempted by dreggs from other teams, remember the Tim kelly failure. Bolton is about the only player i would give up a 3rd rounder and no more.
I too would like very good players for free, would make list building a lot easier

I just saw on Taylor's spreadsheet that Cox has a contract until 2030. Geez I must have missed that one. I like Cox but that's well in excess of what's necessary, surely?
If that spreadsheet is up to date NOD and Sturt seem to be the only essentials not signed up

I just saw on Taylor's spreadsheet that Cox has a contract until 2030. Geez I must have missed that one. I like Cox but that's well in excess of what's necessary, surely?
If that spreadsheet is up to date NOD and Sturt seem to be the only essentials not signed up
Its weird that you give someone who is not naturally motivated a contract that long unless it is incentivized in some way?

Think he'd go to the next level with a full pre season. Has mostly stagnated since 2022 without the odd blinder game. Think calls to get him out of the team are ridiculous at this stage tbh - he's doing very well for a genuine HFF on the stat sheet. Just needs to be cleaner and hopefully an extra level of confidence does that.

Also think our forward pressure is so bad that losing Switta would be worse than lose any other player we could realistically lose. We need to target players that can add forward pressure and just over a goal a game. I think we need to target this over players that are HFFs or 2 goal a game small forwards at lower levels tbh - Turning those types into pressure forwards doesn't seem to work.

Why give up a 3rd rounder for Bolton when you can get Winder for free?
Winder had off field problems at West Coast but that was only a contributing factor to him getting delisted. He wasn't much good then.

He's older and better now and might be be worth the last spot on our list but no more, no less.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back