• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

17 and 21 on established players?

So you’re content in ignoring the draft and just bolstering with ready made players!

That’s not what I said.
Draft using those picks. If Baker is going to West Coast, take Bolton and cap space, take two draft picks on minimum salary.

Take full draft hand to 2025 trade period, get Warner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is our best 23 at the moment. I think I have most of the depth players.

Backs L.Ryan A. Pearce B.Cox
Half Backs B.Walker H.Chapman J.Clark
Centres N.O’Driscoll H.Young M.Johnson
Half Forwards A.Brayshaw S.Switkowski M.Frederick
Forwards J.Amiss S.Sturt L.Jackson
Rucks S. Darcy C.Serong N.Fyfe
Interchange J.O’Meara M.Walters J. Treacy J.Sharp C.Wagner

Depth: N.Erasmus J.Aish B.Banfield J.Draper L.Reidy P.Voss C. Simpson

More than likely Fyfe and Walters are of the best 23 next year.
Simpson and Erasmus are the only two non key position players I want in the 23 and Simpson has big question marks if he can make it at the next level, plus I have question marks on Switta and Frederick, especially if they play as small forwards.

At best you play the one of the 2 that is in form, and the other plays WAFL.

How do we improve our top 26 players? I feel more comfortable with Voss, Draper or even Reidy coming in than our depth mids and forwards.

I can't help but feel we need 3 or 4 good players in, with a big need of getting small forwards so Switta or Frederick can play higher up the ground.

Backs L.Ryan A. Pearce B.Cox
Half Backs B.Walker H.Chapman J.Clark
Centres N.O’Driscoll H.Young M.Johnson
Half Forwards A.Brayshaw J. Treacy <???>
Forwards J.Amiss S.Sturt L.Jackson
Rucks S. Darcy C.Serong <???>
Interchange J.O’Meara J.Sharp C.Wagner <???> <???>

Depth: N.Erasmus J.Aish B.Banfield J.Draper L.Reidy P.Voss C. Simpson, S.Switkowski M.Frederick , N.Fyfe , M.Walters , Kuek

The idea of spending another year with small forwards who can't hit a barn door at 20 paces, infuriates me.

Last edited:
I actually don’t care how fat Darcy is when he has the impact he does for us. He’s had one season where multiple injuries keep derailing him and it came after two surgeries. 2023 they made the decision to send him for surgery so he missed a lot. There’s no world where you don’t give him at least an extra year to get his shit together. Same thing happens next year and it’s a genuine discussion, with Knobel et al developing in the background.
If he dedicated himself and got in peak condition he would be the clear dominant ruckman in the comp. He is clearly overweight. Losing the extra weight eases the pressure on his knees. Plays more games. We win more games. Can actually win a flag.

Was always the risk stockpiling 3 first round picks in the same year, teams simply want what you have and when you have an abundance of something the value of each isn't as high to you. Look at how GC and GWS treat first round picks, they have literally given them away in the past.
It's fine if you have a backbone and just say no if the other club gets stupid, but I agree it is dangerous for us because we're ****weak at the trade table.
Anyone else hear Ellis have a heart attack on Hard Ball Gets wondering what the **** WC are doing trading for Baker? Glad someone with a brain in the media has said it
Haven't yet but will.

Part of me thinks either Richmond or Baker is about to get ****ed. Reckon he's going to have to choose between watching the Tigers accept pick 25 or coming to us.

If he dedicated himself and got in peak condition he would be the clear dominant ruckman in the comp. He is clearly overweight. Losing the extra weight eases the pressure on his knees. Plays more games. We win more games. Can actually win a flag.
That’s why I want to get him on ozempic and get a proper season into him so he can lose weight. I’m not gonna put him on the trade table just because he’s overweight

Former #2 Josh Schache has just been delisted by Melbourne. I can’t believe he’s still only 27.
That’s a lot of disappointment in a very short period of time.
No, I’m not suggesting we pick him up.

Former #2 Josh Schache has just been delisted by Melbourne. I can’t believe he’s still only 27.
That’s a lot of disappointment in a very short period of time.
No, I’m not suggesting we pick him up.
I still remember being jealous of the Lions getting that guaranteed KPF gun in the draft...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back