Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

tbf as a small forward that just comes with the territory. i expect him to be injected in centre bounces as a means of balancing this though. should help further enhance our mid/fwd connection and rotations as well. hes a really flexible player bolton imo, can play that high half forward role, mid/fwd rotation and can even park him as the deepest forward with pretty good results.

all those times weve bombed it long on top of walters might actually start to work out if we kick it to bolton instead lmao
It does somewhat, but there is more than 1 role for small forwards and there is no way you are going to convince me it makes sense to give the one that doesn't maximise the opportunities to be involved to Bolton.

You pay roleplayers 400k to do unrewarded running.

You pay players like Bolton $1m to be dangerous as often as possible.

We are not using three firsts on Bolton.

Yeah that was implied in my post also, when I asked where do we sign.

What do you think is the right price for him?

RFC should be amenable to covering significant wages to improve the offer from our perspective.

I think he would do extremely well at Freo tbh. Would rather he went there than WCE. Would be great if his X-factor helped Dockers get to a flag.

That would be a bonkers trade period and we'd have nothing inside pick 200 this year.

Also, someone decent would have to leave.
Still think Swans would have to have a player coming in to do it a year early, even with a flag. To be honest, with the nutty number of contracted guns seemingly moving this year, they only have themselves to blame if they havent even tried to convince someone.

I said they should be into Trac earlier but there is no way they can take that contract even losing Warner

That would be a bonkers trade period and we'd have nothing inside pick 200 this year.

Also, someone decent would have to leave.

Pick 9 and F1, Sydney 2nd for Bolton and F2
10, 17, 25 for Warner and Sydney 2nd

Switta out for a 2nd rounder.
Richards in for 2nd rounder.

We have our 4th rounder.

Yeah that was implied in my post also, when I asked where do we sign.

What do you think is the right price for him?

RFC should be amenable to covering significant wages to improve the offer from our perspective.

I think he would do extremely well at Freo tbh. Would rather he went there than WCE. Would be great if his X-factor helped Dockers get to a flag.
Out of contract, I think a "fair" price is 9, 17 for Bolton and like 40. Elite player that disappears a bit.

Working backwards, in contract, 9 and 10 is large overs so would want some salary or a pick coming back. I expect Richmond will not move him without getting 9 and 10, the negotiations will be around what comes back with him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner won’t ask to be traded this year.

Not publicly, behind closed doors it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Not that we will ever know unless it gets executed.

Pick 9 and F1, Sydney 2nd for Bolton and F2
10, 17, 25 for Warner and Sydney 2nd

Switta out for a 2nd rounder.
Richards in for 2nd rounder.

We have our 4th rounder.
My man, you have to give up on the Richards dream, better off hitching your dreams to the Winder Wagon

Read on the Tigers board that Baker is waiting on the new coach before announcing. I don't know if that is a formality or if that means he could flip and choose us when the new coach tells him to GAGF, you're too old we don't want you.

Still think Swans would have to have a player coming in to do it a year early, even with a flag. To be honest, with the nutty number of contracted guns seemingly moving this year, they only have themselves to blame if they havent even tried to convince someone.

I said they should be into Trac earlier but there is no way they can take that contract even losing Warner
I would think so too. Still reckon the Swans just say no even if they win the flag.

Read on the Tigers board that Baker is waiting on the new coach before announcing. I don't know if that is a formality or if that means he could flip and choose us when the new coach tells him to GAGF, you're too old we don't want you.

I would think so too. Still reckon the Swans just say no even if they win the flag.
To be honest, even just hearing from someone decent like Cleary that there is still stuff to play out with Warner THIS year should be pretty exciting for everyone on here. At this point, it seems extremely likely he's in purple sometime in the next two years

To be honest, even just hearing from someone decent like Cleary that there is still stuff to play out with Warner THIS year should be pretty exciting for everyone on here. At this point, it seems extremely likely he's in purple sometime in the next two years
Give we have academy prospects the next 2 years, I am prepared to sit out this draft entirely (even with it rated as it is) and next years first round to get those two massive sugar hits this year.

Cameron, Stengle and Pickett all 700k or less and won’t cost 2x firsts and 1M per year.
Stengle extended with Geelong about two months ago and I’m pretty sure that was reported to be around 800k. Cameron’s too old to have gotten that level of draft capital but any Pickett trade (while still contracted) would be pretty similar I’d expect

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back