Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As heartbreaking as it is for Freo to miss finals I think it will become a turning point for the group. Especially if you land Bolton and Baker.

????? - Pearce (29) - Chapman (23)
Clark (23) - Cox (26) - Ryan (29)

Darcy (26) - Serong (24) - Young (24)
Sharp (23) - Brayshaw (25) - ?????

Bolton (26) - Treacy (22) - Baker (27)
Jackson (23) - Amiss (21) - Switowski (28)

Interchange and remaining spots from:
Johnson (22)
Draper (21)
Frederick (24)
Sturt (24)
JOM (31)
Banfield (27)

Edit: plus Walker (22) and NOD (23)

That's an elite team IMO. They just need the right gameplan in order to maximise on all the talent.
Baker is a better forward than Sturt all of a sudden

People definintely haven't watched Bonner if you actually think we should target that proven spud
He was a gun fantasy pick this year but geez he's "stopgap" level at best. To be that soft you have to be an elite kick and he's not. So when he has off kicking days he's basically playing for your opposition.

I don't know boys I reckon we give Shane Kersten another crack, maybe Scott Jones wants another go?

Apologies all. Was just trying to highlight the quality on the list, especially in the midfield and forward line with the additions of Bolton and Baker.
Nah, all good.

I think the fact you missed some adds to that idea.

Also. well worth watching NOD. He's missed close to 2x years due to injury, and everyone was worried he wouldn't get back to his 2022 season. The last game and a bit has been a relief.

He was a gun fantasy pick this year but geez he's "stopgap" level at best. To be that soft you have to be an elite kick and he's not. So when he has off kicking days he's basically playing for your opposition.
Draft profile and stats would suggest he is a better kick than most.

HAve you seen switta, AB, Aish, Fyfe, Walks, Banfield Emmett, Amiss and Pearce have bad kicking days? I would confidently say he is a much better kick than all of them!

Apologies all. Was just trying to highlight the quality on the list, especially in the midfield and forward line with the additions of Bolton and Baker.
You’re good mate. Lots here still hurting from the season, fresh wound and all. Puts a few on the back foot when told how good the list is ‘going to be’. A few of us have had it with ‘being good next year’. We’d like to be good now for a change. As they say, tomorrow never comes.

Nah, all good.

I think the fact you missed some adds to that idea.

Also. well worth watching NOD. He's missed close to 2x years due to injury, and everyone was worried he wouldn't get back to his 2022 season. The last game and a bit has been a relief.
big relief...quality guy...quality family!
Looking forward to First Sister/Brother All-Australians!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft profile and stats would suggest he is a better kick than most.

HAve you seen switta, AB, Aish, Fyfe, Walks, Banfield Emmett, Amiss and Pearce have bad kicking days? I would confidently say he is a much better kick than all of them!
(Clark & Wagner)

covers eyes

Mostly interested in him as depth in a position that we have zero depth in (wing). It doesn't turn out well for us when we have to play Aish there. NOD might turn into an inside mid.

Had 26 against us at 85%and 500m gained. Averaged 21 a game across 19 games this year @79%. Had 30 against the hawks @87% and gained 694m. He is a better kick than than anyone at our club not named Hayden Young, Josh Treacy, Luke Ryan, Jordan Clark and Sonny Walters. At least as good at Caleb.
I'd take him as back flank depth any day of the week!
I think he kicks it a lot rather than kicking it well. Maybe this is just me being biased by the Essendon game in particular where he was an absolute turnover machine. Also doesn't seem exactly defensively stable or hard in the contest just looking at the numbers. Feels like a taller but worse Corey Wagner who isn't really using his height as an attribute as well as he could. Not a type we have a desperate need for.

From reading what St Kilda fans are saying, apparently he's a nice kick who can hit some gems, but has tragic decision making.

I think I want Baker in the backline if he came, which desperately needs some mongrel and ground ball gets. Big upgrade on Wagner IMO.

We are poor for ground ball gets in the forward line as well. (15th in the comp)

The advantage you have with him, is he can play forward, wing and back.

It would help playing him back, if Wagner was sub as when Wagner went back, Baker could go forward or vice Versa with Walters as sub.

My current view ....

It's going to be a super complicated trade period though.

So many moving parts ...
  • Is Warner an actual option or a maybe for next year?
  • What incentive do Richmond have to not just sit on their hands and be difficult right up to the last minute. If they get stuck with Bolton - it's not the end of their world.
  • How much do we require salary relief if we get Bolton (and what is that worth)
  • Petracca, Barrass, Bolton, Houston, Lukosius, Bailey Smith, Rioli, Hobbs, Baker etc....that's a lot of attention elsewhere and lots of opportunity for stand offs or waiting for deal A to see what Team B can give to Team C type stuff.
  • It's also a possible opportunity to improve our draft hand - trade 27 for a future 1st if it is the steak knives that get another clubs deal across the line.
  • If we're possibly moving out Swita/Sturt against our will and Ras? All adds to the mix of what we can offer.
If I'm honest if Warner is not coming this year - worry about him next year and whether we can afford him.

Getting Bolton in is super important - he wants to come and we need his class and I'd certainly open with 9 and 27 but I don't think Tiges will bite.

If our talls ahead of the ball bring the long kicks to grass, or mark it but let's be reasonable, then we can build a game plan off that.

But Sharp and O'Driscoll can already do that. We don't need another.

We just need Sharp to practice kicking long sky balls on the left foot. So many times we would be fine if he could just blind roost it forward on that foot

Am I alone in thinking that even if we get Baker and Bolton, we badly need a forward pocket? I would love two additional forward pockets on our list.

If we Bolton, I think he should be allowed to push up the ground a lot, with 20+% in the midfield.

I think we need another forward pocket, so we line up something like this.
Bolton Treacy Jackson
<Forward Pocket> Amiss Sturt

With Baker, Switta, Frederick, Serong etc playing as the forward when one of the other players is resting.

If our talls ahead of the ball bring the long kicks to grass, or mark it but let's be reasonable, then we can build a game plan off that.

It might just be me but outside of Treacy we don't really have a tall that can do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back