Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Banfield, Fyfe, Walters, JoM and Aish played 100 games last season.

Fyfe had his best year in 5, and didn't get injured, and still barely held a spot in the 22.
Walters really slowed towards the end of the year. Unlikely to best 22.
Aish was dropped from best 22.
Banfield was dropped, and not in best 22.
JoM held a spot in the 22 just, another year older I don't see him improving.

I really think only JoM should be near the best 22 next year, with no injuries, but this means we either need to have no injuries, bring in 2 or 3 players which seems unlikely, or find 2 or 3 draftees who can hit the ground running, once again unlikely unless we snag a mature age player.

If can't replace them, we could take a step backwards next year, until our bottom 5 players are good enough. (Hopefully this doesn't happen)

How many games do each of them play?
Who replaces them?

Here is my shot.

Banfield 5 to 10
Fyfe - 5 to 10
Walters - 1 to 5
JoM - 15
Aish - 5

Leaves roughly 60 games to fill.

Bolton 20
Small forward - 20 games - Pickett, Berry, Richards or ... (Need to add two small forwards to the list)
NOD - 10 more games
Erasmus 10+ games - should play all games Fyfe doesn't.
I like the cut of your jib.
I'd like Walters to retire, Banfield and Aish to be bettered and Fyfe/JoM's contributions to be made redundant by the growing experience of our midfield.

I think that's why I think it is a fake ITK. That line was unnecessary in this context. He added that line to get credibility

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's a pretty poor attack on someone's character tbh. Demon 16 is one of the nicest posters on BF – implying that he'd make something up about Brayshaw's mental health in order to score ITK brownie points is a bit gross.

Last edited:
Anyway, hi Freo friends! Here we are again lol.

Honestly, see this one playing out a bit like the Hogan saga (yearly speculation for multiple seasons). Doubt Koz leaves this year, but wouldn't be at all surprised if he heads to WA eventually.

Anyway, hi Freo friends! Here we are again lol.

Honestly, see this one playing out a bit like the Hogan saga (yearly speculation for multiple seasons). Doubt Koz leaves this year, but wouldn't be at all surprised if he heads to WA eventually.

Keep hearing that Kozzy seems to always say he’s homesick, this would have to be the first time he has nominated a potential club though right?

I think Shai might have been in his ear about linking up together that’s why we’re being linked so heavily

200.gif

This is Melbourne to Pickett right now.

I don't recall his departure being this publicised before. He could be genuinely undecided.. who knows.
My recollection is there was a lot of noise around his contract negotiations last year. And that's it.

I'm guessing Melbourne went all out on the contract offer then to stave off the call home, making it hard to refuse. That sometimes is really just a papering over the cracks, which can lead to second thoughts further down the track.

Keep hearing that Kozzy seems to always say he’s homesick, this would have to be the first time he has nominated a potential club though right?

I think Shai might have been in his ear about linking up together that’s why we’re being linked so heavily
Hard to know for sure – during the 2022 offseason and early last year, it was all about how he was going to Port Adelaide, before he ended up signing a four-year deal.

Every chance that having a kid has made him re-prioritise and want to get back to WA, but the club has always been pretty good with giving him time off to go home when needed.

There's been plenty of conflicting rumours – I really don't know for sure what he's going to do, but the prevailing view seems to be that he'll stick around for now, while not ruling out a move home in future.

But hey, at least you guys have some other targets and are not in a perpetual holding pattern like we are lol.

My recollection was just Port were chasing. Sort of similar to the noise around us and Chad Warner.

Kosi mentioning WA and specifically Freo is a bit further along the track then just ‘oh, he just does this’

He never, to my knowledge, nominated a Port.

Well come hard at him. Then once Kosi says ‘I’d like to be traded’ it’s on like Donkey Kong.

That's a pretty poor attack on someone's character tbh. Demon 16 is one of the nicest posters on BF – implying that he'd make something up about Brayshaw's mental health in order to score ITK brownie points is a bit gross.
Good on you for standing up for a mate and I don't know Demon 16 at all but in general I would say if you hear/know that someone is not going well from a mental health POV it is not wise to spread the news. I don't see how it helps anyone but I can see how easily it could add to someone's pain if they are already vulnerable.

Good on you for standing up for a mate and I don't know Demon 16 at all but in general I would say if you hear/know that someone is not going well from a mental health POV it is not wise to spread the news. I don't see how it helps anyone but I can see how easily it could add to someone's pain if they are already vulnerable.
Yeah, that's fair. It's not something I would post myself, but I just took a bit of an issue with the implication. That's a reasonable comment though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to know for sure – during the 2022 offseason and early last year, it was all about how he was going to Port Adelaide, before he ended up signing a four-year deal.

Every chance that having a kid has made him re-prioritise and want to get back to WA, but the club has always been pretty good with giving him time off to go home when needed.

There's been plenty of conflicting rumours – I really don't know for sure what he's going to do, but the prevailing view seems to be that he'll stick around for now, while not ruling out a move home in future.

But hey, at least you guys have some other targets and are not in a perpetual holding pattern like we are lol.
Your 2nd paragraph is the push to head to WA. He has been in touch with Freo players and his partner has been in touch with family back in WA. This is still very much open.

They’re not getting a first for Baker. If he nominates us they’ll get a second.
A first for Baker would be criminal. Two firsts for Bolton is bad, but given his contract and they will pay salary I can swallow it.

This recent expectation that Baker is worth anything more than a second rounder at anytime, let alone when he is out of contract is baffling.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back