Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Rachele is on the outer, and Rosas looks like heading there, could we grease the wheels in that?

Get Rachele to Melbourne, Pickett Here, Luko & Rosas to Adelaide and picks to GC?

Yeah, I get it.

But if was just a PR exercise, that's some risk to take to calm the masses.
I'm not sure it is, Freo didn't start it, there's likely something there but didn't we get pretty excited with Daniels specifically saying he asked us to join? It's just taking advantage of the layup given to you.

Here's my tinfoil hat fulfilling criteria. If we get an RD tweet before trade period saying "Pickett enquired but ultimately decided to stay", we've been managed. If we get nothing definitive before trade period starts, there's a bit more there

I'm not sure it is, Freo didn't start it, there's likely something there but didn't we get pretty excited with Daniels specifically saying he asked us to join? It's just taking advantage of the layup given to you.

Here's my tinfoil hat fulfilling criteria. If we get an RD tweet before trade period saying "Pickett enquired but ultimately decided to stay", we've been managed. If we get nothing definitive before trade period starts, there's a bit more there
I think Daniels was the end of the edging we'd copped all day.

From the initial report, to the confirmation, to the Theo link, and THEN Daniels.

Was just the crescendo

Snuff - I need your bin emoji! ;)

I personally would get over a trade not happening easier than not making finals when we should have, this talk helped me get over Freo not making finals fast.

I've been swiddled and dazzled, played for a fiddle one would say.
Unless Picket ends up at Freo. Ironically if he does it would be in a trade that most Dockers supporters will say is massive overs and I expect a promising player will be involved not just draft picks. Melbourne hold the cards here.

Unless Picket ends up at Freo. Ironically if he does it would be in a trade that most Dockers supporters will say is massive overs and I expect a promising player will be involved not just draft picks. Melbourne hold the cards here.
Yeah, they'll want a foot in both camps.

Player for the now, Draft pick for the future before the tassie drafts.

Melbourne seem to have had their head in the sand in regards to the Petraca situation, so maybe they’re doing the same with Kozzy?

“Oh he does this every year, he always gets homesick he’s 100% staying” sounds like a bit of cope.

Pretty weird that we had all of this stuff come out last week and then nothing since

Melbourne seem to have had their head in the sand in regards to the Petraca situation, so maybe they’re doing the same with Kozzy?

“Oh he does this every year, he always gets homesick he’s 100% staying” sounds like a bit of cope.

Pretty weird that we had all of this stuff come out last week and then nothing since

As with most negotiations the one who keeps talking tends to lose.

So I'd expect there to be nothing said from either Melbourne or Freo until waaaay down the line.

1725250084958.png
Dan's right here - he's technically agreeing that Kosi isn't a straight swap for Young and they would have to give up a late first rounder as well to get in the door for that trade. I still wouldn't like it.

Melbourne will be hoping that Petracca committing, and whatever other changes they've said they'll make will be enough.

But it's not the club that Pickett doesn't like, it's the fact that they're not in Perth.

I expect that Bolton gets done, Warner is unavailable this year, then Pickett says, get me over. He'd have to be third in line right now.

View attachment 2098845
Dan's right here - he's technically agreeing that Kosi isn't a straight swap for Young and they would have to give up a late first rounder as well to get in the door for that trade. I still wouldn't like it.
Thankyou for a quoting him without getting his attention.

Last week, the thought of getting (knowing we're getting) Bolton excited me greatly. Potentially Baker, though highly unlikely was also cool.

Then Kosi news hit. I was very, very, very excited.

Now it seems Kosi is staying and now the thought of Bolton and just Bolton is still exciting, but I just feel a little bit empty.

It's the hope man, that stuff always kills me.

I bloody hope the club is swinging for the fences all the way til the last second of trade period. Although Kozzie seems to do this a lot and is a known tease, I don't think it should be too hard of a sell if we can get him in a room for a chat.

Spoiler: Archer Reid and Loch Rawlinson

netflix help GIF by Fuller House

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne is adamant Kysaiah Pickett’s continuing homesickness issues will be worked through with the club’s indigenous welfare manager Matt Whelan.

While he might have ideas about a move to WA given friendships with Perth-based players, Melbourne is emphatic he isn’t on the move.

Melbourne is adamant Kysaiah Pickett’s continuing homesickness issues will be worked through with the club’s indigenous welfare manager Matt Whelan.

While he might have ideas about a move to WA given friendships with Perth-based players, Melbourne is emphatic he isn’t on the move.
Which means absolutely nothing at this time of year. All players are tradable if the right trade comes along and the player wants to move.

See, it's all in the wording, this just drags me back in. Melbourne being emphatic they won't trade him is the games I'm here for. I'll cancel my hit on Daniels... for now

This is vastly different to the Petracca statement. It actually somewhat confirms that he wants to play with Shai at Freo. We are still a long way from trade period and there is clearly a bit to play out here

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back