Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gettable was adamant that Reidy had signed an extension last month.
Sort of, they said he was re-signed, then in the article that afternoon it was "discussing a 1 year deal" or something like that. I dont think he makes any sense to keep, I think Knobel passes him over 1 more preseason and has more AFL traits that are useful

I just don’t get why north would go after a cooked and broken darling when this bloke is available.
Like, if he kicked well he could be going at close to 2 goals a game as a 22 year old KPF. I'm happy and all we seem to be keeping him but what is everyone else seeing that we arent

Would be pretty annoyed to a lose a guy who bleeds purple and was basically best 22 by seasons end. Knobel, Voss and Noddy are the only ones out of contract I need signed up. I actually wonder if Knobel has some hidden unannounced deal for next year or something. Seems odd that we have neither him or Reidy officially signed and I think Reidy is gone personally

Voss already contracted according to the contract thread. Taylor - I can't find an article. Was Voss's contract extended?

Sign
Voss?
Max Knobel
Nathan O'Driscoll

Who else keeps their spot? Would be a good draft to cut deep.

Ethan Hughes
Tom Emmett
Josh Corbett
Matt Taberner
Odin Jones
Liam Reidy
Sebit Kuek
Conrad Williams
Ethan Stanley

Voss already contracted according to the contract thread. Taylor - I can't find an article. Was Voss's contract extended?

Sign
Voss?
Max Knobel
Nathan O'Driscoll

Ethan Hughes
Tom Emmett
Josh Corbett
Matt Taberner
Odin Jones
Liam Reidy
Sebit Kuek
Conrad Williams
Ethan Stanley
Fair chance everyone in that list is gone.

I suggest to people who think salary cap should not be an issue ... estimate what you think we would be paying Young-Cox-Darcy-Brayshaw-Serong-Jackson (6 biggest), plus Treacy-Amiss-Pearce-Clark-Ryan and anyone else you think is on good coin. Then see how much is left out of the salary cap, which will be $17.76m in 2025, $18.29m in 2026 and $18.44m in 2027.

Let's say we eat up 8 million on the 11 players above (which is pretty easy with 6 x 800k average plus 5 x 550k average). Add Bolton on 800k (Richmond paying the balance) and let's round it to 9 million. It leaves roughly 300k on average for everyone else. You can get there with a mix of 150-500k types of contracts, maybe you can squeeze in a 600k Baker (I have my doubts), but it is tough. If you try throwing in 900k for Pickett or 1.2 million for Warner, it's getting close to impossible unless we have a good system for payments off the books (which I hope we do) or move on a Darcy/Cox type of contract.

Sure, we can eventually remove the contracts of O'Meara, Fyfe, Walters, Aish, etc. That's fine, but that would largely be factored in already and the maths remains the same with ~300k per player after the top end are paid. Look over most of the good clubs and they'd be sitting on around 7 players on "high" salaries. We've got 6 already on our list with Bolton to come. Pushing it to 8 or 9 with Pickett/Warner? If we can pull that off I'd be impressed.
Do this for Carltank. I'm sure we'll see some larger figures on display.

Sign
Voss?
Max Knobel
Nathan O'Driscoll

Ethan Hughes
Tom Emmett
Josh Corbett
Matt Taberner
Odin Jones
Liam Reidy
Sebit Kuek
Conrad Williams
Ethan Stanley
It hurts as a Stanley truther but literally all those names should go, well, at least, I agree with Chris25 very well made points that we should take at least 5 picks in this draft if we can.

It hurts as a Stanley truther but literally all those names should go, well, at least, I agree with Chris25 very well made points that we should take at least 5 picks in this draft if we can.
Stanley came from Box Hill. I could see Hawthorn taking a punt on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair chance everyone in that list is gone.
Emmett & Reidy should be kept. I'd keep Kuek too unless we want to draft another KPF late but they will take years to build up their body. Why turnover 9 players when we are only getting in 3-4 current AFL players and probably only 2 best 22?

Emmett & Reidy should be kept. I'd keep Kuek too unless we want to draft another KPF late but they will take years to build up their body. Why turnover 9 players when we are only getting in 3-4 AFL bodies and probably only 2 best 22?
I don't disagree. I just think a case could be made for and against everyone there. And wouldn't be surprised to see them all moved on.

Emmett & Reidy should be kept. I'd keep Kuek too unless we want to draft another KPF late but they will take years to build up their body. Why turnover 9 players when we are only getting in 3-4 AFL bodies and probably only 2 best 22?
Those are basically the only names to cut. Corbett has his replacement on the list already, Williams doesn't count as Cat B, we are trading in at least 2.players you'd think. Suddenly that just 5 spots for the draft...

Everything I've heard suggests he loves WA but really, all this list talk shows it would be good if we can find someone to take Brodie.
We can gift him to West Coast.

Bahaha. Never heard anyone say that before. What the heck is a low floor?
Ok, now I'm questioning myself :think:

To me it's his developmental upside is really good, but his worst is pretty bad.

A few of those games for Peel last year were diabolical. It seems if his body isn't in mint condition his entire game suffers, to the point he looks totally lost as a footballer.

Is he available tho? might want to stay in perth
Was more around, he's shown he's capable, the development is on track.

We can offer him cents on the dollar.

North could give him a lot more. Especially if they want to give up cap space for Darling.

Good on him for signing on, Want him to stay, but surely he'd be an option for a few clubs back home.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back