List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 84 50.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 20 11.9%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You touched on it but your club is going interested in getting at least one extra future 1st and North's is going to be the best one up for grabs. It's just too many picks this year and if there's any club that can be patient to possibly get MAXIMUM value, it's Richmond. 5 or 6 picks top 20 picks in one draft is just not the best way to go about things IMO.

Everyone keeps expecting North to go up, yet down the bottom they stay and who else do you honestly think is more likely of being bottom 4? For North, pick 9 is more valuable than their future 1st if it means getting Houston. For Richmond, I'd have thought it's about getting as much value as possible and you cant possibly lose because North's pick is absolutely not going to be pick 9 next year, even if they improve.

I keep getting told by a Richmond supporter that the top 5 is where it's at and you wouldnt take the unloseable gamble to get one?
We will take 6/7 players this trade period
29,39,41,47,57,66,73 will be traded away for pick upgrades and Brisbanes 1st rounder

there wont be picks not used
If Richmond get #22 for Graham then both #21 & #22 are possibilities to be traded into next year but priority would be to get as high up this year as possible.

We will take 6/7 players this trade period
29,39,41,47,57,66,73 will be traded away for pick upgrades and Brisbanes 1st rounder

there wont be picks not used
If Richmond get #22 for Graham then both #21 & #22 are possibilities to be traded into next year but priority would be to get as high up this year as possible.
All that still reads to me like the smartest and best thing to do is to spread good value into next year but we'll see how trade period goes. Losing pick 9 for a likely top 5 pick next year seems a no brainer to me

If you dont mind me intruding and giving a richmond supporters opinion on this on your board

Richmond would rather picks in this years draft than in 2025 but early picks
If freo could haggle pick #2 from North in some way then that pick would be what we would be looking at

Richmond will be looking to move #21 into next year for a F1 possibly to Geelong or Pies maybe even Port
very good chance we will have pick #1 again and possibly pick #2 with Noah Balta as a free agent that would attract Mac Andrews level interest and with Dyson Sharp / Archie Ludowyke as the stand out mid and Fowards i dont know if Richmond will match that type of offer.

I also think North will be better next year than people may think and wouldnt surprise me to see them finish 10-13 range with all the talent they now have and another year

If we’re prepared to lose 9,10 and 16 anyway, I would certainly entertain whatever we could to extrapolate greater value first.

Just depends what domino needs to fall first.

If we’re prepared to lose 9,10 and 16 anyway, I would certainly entertain whatever we could to extrapolate greater value first.

best value would be 9, 10, 16 and Switta for Kosi and Bolton. Done. Enjoy Christmas holidays.

Fremantle were looking to move one of the firsts into next year, I don't see a reason why that isn't still the case.

To me that's #9 and #16 to Richmond for Bolton and #29

Then #10 is offered to whomever wants it for a F1.

When Pickett comes back on the table that can change to #10 and a contracted player from us for him.

All that still reads to me like the smartest and best thing to do is to spread good value into next year but we'll see how trade period goes. Losing pick 9 for a likely top 5 pick next year seems a no brainer to me
If i was Blair (he is a pretty good operator) why would i take that ? I would be saying he is contracted and the cost for Bolton is 9 & 10 and we are prepared to look at salary contribution. But not with the 9 & 16 i dont think freo would drop shai and even if they do keep him. then if he really wants the north pick he will just deal it himself.

Baker i would rather he goes to the eagles as i believe pick #3 is gettable with Baker but not without him
Baker + 10 + 39 ( for dev ) would get that done

As freo should but im pretty sure the ground work has been done by the 2 clubs and well known what the expectations would be. Freo have tended to be hard asses trading out contracted players but have also payed the price bringing in heavily contracted players specially pieces they are desperate to get. Shai Bolton is a special player
Jye Amiss kicked 36.28 in a team that should have been top 4
Shai Bolton kicked 34.26 playing 60/40 mid foward in a crap team when he was checked out

He would be untouchable in the freo foward line
but you guys will see that next year anyway (if Eagles dont pull a shift and Mini gets the job)

Fremantle were looking to move one of the firsts into next year, I don't see a reason why that isn't still the case.

Why, it's completely ridiculous list management unless they use that F1 immediately in a trade for a player? I'll be so angry if we head into next year with two firsts

Makes absolutely no sense to me why we would be doing this. We don't need to move another first to trade for Warner, aren't they allowing 2 years of future trading? So we already have 2025, 26 and 27 available.

Why, it's completely ridiculous list management unless they use that F1 immediately in a trade for a player? I'll be so angry if we head into next year with two firsts

Why would you be upset with two first round picks next year? By all means offer those picks this year but we aren't regretting turning down pick #18 for Schultz this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes absolutely no sense to me why we would be doing this. We don't need to move another first to trade for Warner, aren't they allowing 2 years of future trading? So we already have 2025, 26 and 27 available.
And we dont need to do all three for Warner anyway. Two of them is sufficient

I don't think future picks will be valued as highly as the current year, current draft ones - as you'll see evident in your reaction to holding #10 or a future pick.

Why would you be upset with two first round picks next year? By all means offer those picks this year but we aren't regretting turning down pick #18 for Schultz this season.
We should regret it more, what price do you pay on missing finals? We dont need maximum value we need talent developing and in the door now even if it's a kid. I'm not doing it for Warner just to increase whatever price we pay.

We should regret it more, what price do you pay on missing finals? We dont need maximum value we need talent developing and in the door now even if it's a kid. I'm not doing it for Warner just to increase whatever price we pay.

Are you making the case than a player drafted at pick #10 would be the difference in us making finals or not in their first season?

Because the other side you could be arguing is that we can force a club to trade their player to us now, this year with the cunning use of .... pick #10?

We would be better with Pickett or Warner, but if they won't be traded I think we are better rolling the dice on turning the Schultz pick into a top five pick.

So far, every player of need has been re-signed, it's a nice feeling.

Knobel re-signing would be nice too, haven't seen enough on him to judge though.

Are you making the case than a player drafted at pick #10 would be the difference in us making finals or not in their first season?

Because the other side you could be arguing is that we can force a club to trade their player to us now, this year with the cunning use of .... pick #10?

We would be better with Pickett or Warner, but if they won't be traded I think we are better rolling the dice on turning the Schultz pick into a top five pick.
Maybe next year, maybe in two years when they are still a year ahead of whoever we draft next year.

The only clubs that should be looking to take extra firsts into next year if it means maximum value are Richmond, West Coast and Gold Coast.

If i was Blair (he is a pretty good operator) why would i take that ? I would be saying he is contracted and the cost for Bolton is 9 & 10 and we are prepared to look at salary contribution. But not with the 9 & 16 i dont think freo would drop shai and even if they do keep him. then if he really wants the north pick he will just deal it himself.

Baker i would rather he goes to the eagles as i believe pick #3 is gettable with Baker but not without him

As freo should but im pretty sure the ground work has been done by the 2 clubs and well known what the expectations would be. Freo have tended to be hard asses trading out contracted players but have also payed the price bringing in heavily contracted players specially pieces they are desperate to get. Shai Bolton is a special player
Shai Bolton kicked 34.26 playing 60/40 mid foward in a crap team when he was checked out

but you guys will see that next year anyway (if Eagles dont pull a shift and Mini gets the job)

the year before, Amiss kicked 41.17 in only his second injury-uninterrupted AFL year.

do not base your assessment of Jye on 2024

Provide an example of hard asses when someone was in contract?

Simply asking for a players worth not a vic media driven worth is the least we ask.

I’ll wait for the example…

Maybe next year, maybe in two years when they are still a year ahead of whoever we draft next year.

The only clubs that should be looking to take extra firsts into next year if it means maximum value are Richmond, West Coast and Gold Coast.
Not blowing smoke up anybody's backside here and you know i would rather Baker goes to the eagles as i see pick #3 as a real possibility with Pyke/Clarke wording and how open they are to accumulate picks inside 30.

But with Bolton & Baker i would honestly be putting $100 on freo for the flag and $500 on making top 4
Bolton & Baker add 30 goals to your score min and makes your Midfield / HB better.
1 thing about Baker he adds grit to the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back