List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He is still 22 games off AFL life membership I think? He is on 278 and I think you need 300?

That would be his goal but I think he might need 2026 to reach that. In the end playing in a side that has missed finals seven years in a row hurts your game count.
300 total including preseason and rep games. 278 is the number of in season games he's played

I hope we have done due diligence on his fitness. He showed he was carrying some injuries all season.

What is truly concerning is that our coaching group believed he is that critical to success that he was rushed back in the deadest of rubbers away in the final round. This isn’t indicative of a coaching group or player that can think straight.

Oh FFS. To think we carried him to his trigger and now are stuck with him.

This club couldn’t be any more shit than if we tried.

We need to tell him he’s playing sanfl all season or here’s a reduced payout to go.

Just feels like they forced him too and the wage convinced him too. Unless it’s about the money , surely Smith knows he’s not a first team player anymore! This makes no sense at all, why sign on to play SANFL. Another very poor decision by the powers that be!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are going after luko+cumming+anb. no issue with who we are targetting, just need the best deal and not give up this years first
Can you just imagine if the club did prt with 4 for something like 13 and Lukosius.

Fast farward to draft night and we sit there watching all tje top end mids picked off that we could have got and with 13 we take a flanker. It literally would be like watching a sliw motion train wreck in complete horror

grand final hopefully - realistically if the season is a bust like this year, get him to afl life membership and then send him into the sunset
Well it will be a bust if we wheel him out every game for the season.

Gifting games to someone at the end of their career is futile unless it is a farewell game. We are five years into a rebuild, finishing 15th and as a club, we are going down the path of giving a player 22 gift games so we can say "he reached 300, what a reward".

Our focus should be on winning a flag, not a feel good story, absolutely every decision we make is about being a boys club and not a football club. We are wasting another year of development and improvement to get a guy to 300.

I have loved watching Tex but this is a poor decision

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are going after luko+cumming+anb. no issue with who we are targetting, just need the best deal and not give up this years first
Need to get a good first-rounder back from the Suns if we're giving up the F1, too (even though I'd really prefer not to give it up, but we might end up going all in)

Like Luko + 13 for F1 + 25

Four clubs chasing and GWS trying to keep James Peatling and apparently we aren’t one of them
which is disappointing. They just signed Daniels to a 6 year deal but crickets on Cumming.
Hopefully it’s us .
If they're signing players to big contracts then they know who is and isnt leaving

Just feels like they forced him too and the wage convinced him too. Unless it’s about the money , surely Smith knows he’s not a first team player anymore! This makes no sense at all, why sign on to play SANFL. Another very poor decision by the powers that be!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's not a decision, he has a contract unless he doesn't want one
At least we stopped picking him in the AFL side

Yes he is bad depth, he was putrid all year
He's still good enough to dominate the SANFL. Putrid in AFL, luckily we stopped picking him. Hopefully that continues, can't see how he gets a game especially if we get Cumming

Well it will be a bust if we wheel him out every game for the season.

Gifting games to someone at the end of their career is futile unless it is a farewell game. We are five years into a rebuild, finishing 15th and as a club, we are going down the path of giving a player 22 gift games so we can say "he reached 300, what a reward".

Our focus should be on winning a flag, not a feel good story, absolutely every decision we make is about being a boys club and not a football club. We are wasting another year of development and improvement to get a guy to 300.

I have loved watching Tex but this is a poor decision
Was never happening. I'm ok with him getting another year, will provide good guidance for the other forwards and to be honest, if he's fit, he's still best 22. But definitely should not play every game, so 300 is out of the question.

Parnell, Hamill and Keane are rookies (but Turray takes one of their spots)

So it'd have to be Ned, Berry, Sloane, Gollant, and then say, move Strachan and/or Smith to the rookie list
If we’re assuming Keane is gone though we’d surely want more KPD coverage than just Borlase. Especially with Butts coming off a lisfranc and his injury history. If so, that’s another list spot that needs to be opened up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back