List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with this. Everyone says how wonderful Port are at bringing players in. Really? Watts, Thomas, Fantasia, Zerk-Thatcher, Finlayson, Ratogolea, etc etc. All second rate. Yes, they drafted Rozee and Butters and traded for JHF, but that's it.
Port threw at the stumps with bzt, ratugolea and rioli. They thought with their midfield and some decent role players they might 'pinch' a flag and traded accordingly. At this stage they are still in the finals and i guess anything can still happen

What kind of bias? I’m sure we all want us to be good, but the actions of the coach are preventing us from reaching a higher ceiling
Wayne thinks by continually acting like he’s got this football intellect that helps him see what a good coach is that we will ignore he called the coach rogue bonkers.

No one in their mind can with a straight face argue that Nicks hasn’t made a number of errors this year which have impacted our results.

But then again Wayne used injuries and a 5 day break to explain losing to Richmond at home whilst ignoring their injuries and they also had a 5 day break.

Port threw at the stumps with bzt, ratugolea and rioli. They thought with their midfield and some decent role players they might 'pinch' a flag and traded accordingly. At this stage they are still in the finals and i guess anything can still happen
fwiw I will take their position atm to ours. :huh:

Agree with this. Everyone says how wonderful Port are at bringing players in. Really? Watts, Thomas, Fantasia, Zerk-Thatcher, Finlayson, Ratogolea, etc etc. All second rate. Yes, they drafted Rozee and Butters and traded for JHF, but that's it.

Aliir, Burton,Rioli,Dixon,Evans etc,etc.

They may have as many misses as hits, but at least they don't seem to be sitting on their hands afraid to turn over their list, whist banking on spuds to grow organically. Way more proactive than us.

Does it work? IdK. Im probably happier continually missing finals than continually choking in finals.

Oh cmon ....that's a silly comment

Pedlar is that ferocious inside mid .....it's another shocking call, whereby people thought we should keep Rankine as a small fwd

There are a lot of gooses now with egg on their face
Feel like you’re missing the point. Pedlar can still become that ferocious inside mid no doubt, but where we were a year a go Pedlar was our only hope for being that gun mid. We’ve now pick 4 and Izak as genuine elite midfield options that we don’t have to be gun midfielder or bust with Pedlar. Our future options looks better now than they did a year ago if Pedlar ends up only being a half forward.

Lycett was good for them, Ryder, Aliir, sweet, rioli even zerk thatcher has been decent, they all fill roles, no point just mentioning the ones that don’t work, that’s not giving the full story.

Last edited:
Feel like you’re missing the point. Pedlar can still become that ferocious inside mid no doubt, but where we were a year a go Pedlar was our only hope for being that gun mid. We’ve now pick 4 and Izak as genuine elite midfield options that we don’t have to be gun midfielder or bust with Pedlar. Our future options looks better now than they did a year ago if Pedlar ends up only being a half forward.
Pedlar in the Murphy role (even if he plateau’s at his form line from last year) still improves us significantly

Pedlar in the Murphy role (even if he plateau’s at his form line from last year) still improves us significantly
Yeah he is almost the forgotton player. It would be excellent if he could become a forward that can kick goals but also be a burst player around the forward half that can pinch hit in the midfield.

Lycett was good for them, Ryder, Aliir, sweet, rioli even zerk thatcher has been decent, they all fill roles, no point just mentioning the ones that don’t work, that’s not giving the full story.
Interstate team that regularly makes finals tries to improve their list and fix deficiencies by constantly bringing in players is being criticised by a clapper of a club that hasn’t made finals for 7 years and finished 15th.

I can only imagine how critical buckets must be of this shit team, oh wait, he isn’t.

Remember when us and the Swans started rebuilding at around the same time, and the club was adamant we were just as good at it as they were?

Also remember when they stopped even making the comparisons and started using Hawthorn as the example we were better than instead?

Good times

Remember when us and the Swans started rebuilding at around the same time, and the club was adamant we were just as good at it as they were?

Also remember when they stopped even making the comparisons and started using Hawthorn as the example we were better than instead?

Good times

:rolleyes:
Remember when Isaac Heeney, Callum Mills, Nick Blakey,Errol Gulden and Braeden Campbell magically fell in their lap via the Swans Academy that no other AFL teams had access to?

Good times indeed!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add Sweet, Soldo, Rioli (superannuation Contract) And Narkle

Good times

When did Sydney rebuild? They've only missed finals 3 times in 20 years

Yes, Port threw at the stumps ....but everyone could see, they didn't improve their team with the additions

Now, they're stuck with them ...have Boak & Dixon, well on the wrongside of 33 YO ....and duds like McEntee, who is a cheap clone of Murphy who also fumbles

There Mids in Rozee and Butters, are ball hunters ......and now, this is the 2nd year, the finger of defensive unaccountability has been pointed at them

I just can't see anyone of note coming thru their ranks .....I'm far more excited about the lads coming thru for us

Last edited:
I'll guarantee Pedlar will be our Gary McIntosh Mid

Yes, Port thru at the stumps ....but everyone could see, they didn't improve their team with the additions

Now, they're stuck with them ...have Boak & Dixon, well on the wrongside of 33 YO ....and duds like McEntee, who is a cheap clone of Murphy who also fumbles

There Mids in Rozee and Butters, are ball hunters ......and now, this is the 2nd year, the finger of defensive unaccountability has been pointed at them

I just can't see anyone of note coming thru their ranks .....I'm far more excited about the lads coming thru for us
Dante Visentini is definitely an A grade ruck prospect coming through, already shown enough with limited AFL exposure.

Watched a bit of GWS this year and also todays game which i thought was pretty reflective - Port are welcome to Perryman, good honest tryer with a mature body but pretty limited player overall. Would much rather invest in the youth we’ve got. Cumming looks ok but would want to show some upside given the contract he’d be chasing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have no idea how they have any salary cap room. Those potatoes still cost money to bring in and then you add Butters, Rozee and JHF and thats most of your salary cap gone to a handful of players.

Houston is on hardly much at all.

Cook has class and skills that translate to AFL quality the problem is he just doesn't get the ball enough, if Cook was get 16 disposals plus every week that would be great at half forward but he's only been getting like 8 and it's just not damaging enough
We said that about Fog too.

Cook is AFL quality, he just needs a huge pre season to get his tank to Keays level.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back