List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok now i am convinced reid is incompetent

how can you sign borlase. seriously

"edit
surely strachan and smith delisted then

burgess also unsigned. there is zero evidence he has a contract post this year.
Might not be the most reliable source but they get it right mostly..

Chris Burgess​

#21 Adelaide Crows
Height: 194cm Weight: 97kg Position: Forward
Supercoach Price: $239,700 Supercoach Profile
AFL Fantasy Price: $360,000 AFL Fantasy Profile
Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2025 AFL Player Contracts

what do they see in him? he's hopeless. he is murphy but bigger 🤣
Come on... he's better than Murphy.

Borlase is ****ing hopeless as a KPF (but no worse than Burgess or Gollant), but he's decent depth as a KPD. The question is whether we really need that much KPD depth, given that we already have Butts, Worrell, Murray and Keane ahead of him? Most people would answer "no" to that question, but apparently Reid thinks differently.

That doesn't add up. We need to make a minimum of 3 ND selections (including rookie upgrades). Pick 4 + Welsh = 2 selections.

Conclusion: We're delisting a contracted player, or we're not getting all of ANB/Cumming/Luko, or both.
We’d presumably be moving two seniors to the rookie list so that one of Keane or Borlase can be upgraded

That doesn't add up. We need to make a minimum of 3 ND selections (including rookie upgrades). Pick 4 + Welsh = 2 selections.

Conclusion: We're delisting a contracted player, or we're not getting all of ANB/Cumming/Luko, or both.

That's true

It's possible Burgess really isn't signed for 2025 and so we'd have an additional list spot on the senior list

Is my maths right?

Main List:

INS (7)
ANB, Luko, Cumming, Rosas, Pick 4, Borlase (cant stay on rookie list), and with any luck bring F1 into this draft because we used F2 on Luko

OUTs (7):
Mchenry
Gollant
Dragon
Burgess
Sloane
Smith (re-rookied)
Strachan (re-rookied)

Gallagher (from rookie list)

Rookie List:
T Murray
Smith
Strachan
One selection

Chris Burgess​

#21 Adelaide Crows
Was footywire not the site that previously had Burgess OOC this year? Have they changed their minds or is this a different site?

Anyone but a troll would understand its harder to break into a consistent top 4 side rather than a bottom 4 side.
At some point this becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's harder to break into a consistent top 4 side, which is at least in part a top 4 side because players coming into the side are ready-made (having given extra time to develop in the seconds).

Is my maths right?

Main List:

INS (7)
ANB, Luko, Cumming, Rosas, Pick 4, Borlase (cant stay on rookie list), and with any luck bring F1 into this draft because we used F2 on Luko

OUTs (7):
Mchenry
Gollant
Dragon
Burgess
Sloane
Smith (re-rookied)
Strachan (re-rookied)

Gallagher (from rookie list)

Rookie List:
T Murray
Smith
Strachan
One selection
I doubt Rosas is anything more than BF speculation.

Borlase can indeed stay on the rookie list for 2 more years, having been re-drafted in 2023.

Can someone point to when Borlase let us down or even had 9 goals scored on him in total?
Hes no gun but fine as a backup.
A guy whose ceiling is backup should never be given 2 year contracts, otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to list squeezes like we are right now. Strachan, Schoenberg, Burgess all tied up on contracts they probably shouldn’t be.

Can someone point to when Borlase let us down or even had 9 goals scored on him in total?
Hes no gun but fine as a backup.
My question is whether we need that much backup, given the number of KPDs ahead of him in the queue. I have no objection to his quality as a depth player.

A guy whose ceiling is backup should never be given 2 year contracts, otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to list squeezes like we are right now. Strachan, Schoenberg, Burgess all tied up on contracts they probably shouldn’t be.
We have got a HEAP of dead wood coming out of contract in 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was footywire not the site that previously had Burgess OOC this year? Have they changed their minds or is this a different site?

Capture.PNG

Chris Burgess​

#21 Adelaide Crows
hmm footywite said 2024 three days ago so its been changed. i posted the screenshot few pages back.

whatever delist him

My question is whether we need that much backup, given the number of KPDs ahead of him in the queue. I have no objection to his quality as a depth player.
We have 4, butts, Murray, Keane and Borlase.
I don’t think that’s too many given butts injury record and Murray coming off a knee.

I don’t think that’s too many given butts injury record and Murray coming off a knee.
Ask 100 people, and you'd probably have 80 say "4 is enough" and 20 say "we need Borlase as a 5th KPD for depth". You & Reid are in the 20, the BF sheeple are in the 80. Not quite sure where I stand myself.

Ask 100 people, and you'd probably have 80 say "4 is enough" and 20 say "we need Borlase as a 5th KPD for depth". You & Reid are in the 20, the BF sheeple are in the 80. Not quite sure where I stand myself.
I’m saying 4 is enough? I’m not including worrell as a key

you forgot worrell and seemingly burgess as a swingman, and curtin although looking highly unlikely he will be a KPD

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back