List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry but that is just crap - if Laird was available someone would take him
Name one. And the position they would play him.

If it was free (or they only had to trade minimal currency, like an F4 or something), and they could give him a lower salary, then maybe. But neither of those will happen.

Name one. And the position they would play him.

If it was free (or they only had to trade minimal currency, like an F4 or something), and they could give him a lower salary, then maybe. But neither of those will happen.
Any midtable team would take him. Essendon, Geelong, Collingwood, Bulldogs, Melbourne.

We bitch about him, but he's a multiple AA winner who's been top three in the B&F every year for the last seven years.

Other teams would absolutely know he could do a role.

I can only dream.

I do like Laird..... in the back pocket or HB.... not the dam Middle.

Maybe we can put him on the WING.....

But if we can trade him for a R1 pick that would be ideal.
Settle him back on defence for experience given no Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max King's price has never been lower.....

Maybe the Kid needs to get out of Melbourne, his brother looks to be excelling on the Gold Coast but poor Max is stuck at one of the shittiest clubs in the league.

Or maybe he really is a bust but a Fog Thilthorpe King Forward line would be kind of Awesome.

A bust? Already had a 50 goal season, already 157 career goals. He has just had a down year - like his team. Some injury issues etc

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looking at their current list, I think Melbourne's going to be pretty desperate to keep Petty.

Steven May is 32, Jake Lever is 28, Tom McDonald is 32 in September, Adam Tomlinson is 31 in August. If that's the age profile of their current four big defenders, I don't think they have a choice. They have to keep Petty. The only other player listed as a key defender is Jed Adams, who is 20 and has never played an AFL game.

If Keane went to them in return then that could work for them, but that's the only situation I think they would accept.
Melbourne's age profile is correct, as you say. They're starting to look, even now, as over the hill.
They need forwards more than defenders though. Petty is playing at both ends of the ground but mainly forward. The recent injury to Lever saw him more down back. Someone might have a heat map to substantiate this. But irrespective of where he plays, he's a very attractive target for us as a post Tex addition to our forward line as well as being a perfect cover in defence when needed.

There are many in here who seem not to rate him which surprises me. He's an excellent (elite) contested mark and does all the things you require from a KPP. He has potential still to grow into a VERY good player especially if he focuses on one end of the ground.

If Melbourne hold him to his last year of contract, they'll get very little for him the following year. They need forwards and they're desperate for them right now. I think Gollant would be a good fit for them. If so, the price this year to us in getting Petty becomes significantly less. Our upside is substantial as we add a mature and immediate best 22 player. We also have a more balanced squad for when the inevitable injuries come.

I'd like Harrison Petty to be wearing the tri colours next year. It makes us better.

Any midtable team would take him. Essendon, Geelong, Collingwood, Bulldogs, Melbourne.

We bitch about him, but he's a multiple AA winner who's been top three in the B&F every year for the last seven years.

Other teams would absolutely know he could do a role.
Geelong would take him in a heartbeat. Probably Melbourne too if that ends their Oliver troubles. (Are we doing that trade if available. Hmmmm)

Players will move for opportunities and money.

We never had trouble getting guys to move in the 1990’s back when the cash was way less

Money ?????

Look at our team in the 97 98GF

South Australian contingent

Jarman
Bond
Jameson
Bickley
Roo
Smart
Pitman
Hart
Sampson
Modra
Bassett
Goodwin
Macleod
Robran
Edwards
Koster
Liptak
Tasker
James
Ormand Allen
Cook
Vardy
Tregenza
Chalmers
Viska
Marsh

Coaches blight and hart

That might have had more to do with how the list was built than cash

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are many in here who seem not to rate him which surprises me. He's an excellent (elite) contested mark and does all the things you require from a KPP. He has potential still to grow into a VERY good player especially if he focuses on one end of the ground.
Many here do rate him but we rate our need for mids more

The concern is we are paying a pick5/6 for him when we need to use that on mids

Perhaps some Mayo lite

How would you rate 2021 (4 draftees and Dawson and Murray early 21) and 2022 (Rankine, Max and Dowling and Keane Jan 23)?

Give me a scale of 1-10 old mate? I am giving it a 9 or excellent (Mayo included)
I think these 2 examples are looking great, we need to put Keane on a long term deal otherwise we have just freshened him up for the opposition

Back