List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MCAdam is older and played less than a third of Bullens games. Often injured and motivation / fitness questioned.

Can’t see how he is “worth” what Bullen would be but also agree with others we don’t want to give up a mid 20s pick in a. Deep draft for him as he will be 29 next year
Future picks always valued lower than current
Dees 2nd rounder also much more valuable than projected at the time

Let's just say that, by some miracle, there are a number of players who are keen to come to us in the off season.
Obviously, we are going to need to capital to trade for this - and I'm also going to say that pick 4 is absolutely off the table.
We are going to need to find some players we can trade, that also have some value for other teams. The questions then is what positions do we have an excess of players?

Let's start with defence.

Key defenders:
Murray
Worrell
Keane
Butts
Borlase

Mid sized defenders:
Max M
Hinge
Nankervis
Dawson
Milera
Smith
O Ryan

Small defenders:
Bond
Max M
Laird
Jones
Hamill
Parnell

I haven't included Curtin as I suspect he will play mid/forward and not defence.

I will assume Parnell and Hamill are delists. I also believe Smith has met his triggers for a contract next year.

I would say we have 1 surplus in Key defenders and 1 in mid sized defenders, although this is tricky because it depends on Milera and Smith.

If we need assets to trade for Cummins and Lukosious, out of the defenders I would reluctantly be willing to trade out one of Butts/Keane (I think Keane would have more value) and possibly Nankervis (although I really like him as a player).

Both might offer some value in a trade and we have cover for both.

I will look at midfield depth next.

Thoughts here?

I was just looking at what I think our best 23 looks like with players currently on our list and I came up with this:

BBondButtsMax
HBNankMuzzWooz
CHingeDawsonSholl
HFRachelleTexKeays
FRankineFogRT
RROBSoligoCrouch
IntBerryMileraPedlarTaylor/ DowlingCurtin

If we bring luko, ANB and another in as well as pick 4/5.. competition for spots if healthy next season will be hot! Don't think we've really had that for years. Wishful thinking to leave Murphy out I know...

I wonder if Murphy would be up for a trade to a Vic team. He's from Victoria in the first place right?

I wonder if he could go back to the Dees for or as part of an ANB trade. Works well for us if we expect ANB to take his spot.
If we can give the dees McAdam & Murphy they will hate us forever. I don't like their supporters much so I'm happy for it to happen

I wonder if Murphy would be up for a trade to a Vic team. He's from Victoria in the first place right?

I wonder if he could go back to the Dees for or as part of an ANB trade. Works well for us if we expect ANB to take his spot.
I wouldnt wish Murphy on any Club, bar Port. :$

Let's just say that, by some miracle, there are a number of players who are keen to come to us in the off season.
Obviously, we are going to need to capital to trade for this - and I'm also going to say that pick 4 is absolutely off the table.
We are going to need to find some players we can trade, that also have some value for other teams. The questions then is what positions do we have an excess of players?

Key defenders:
Murray
Worrell
Keane
Butts
Borlase

Mid sized defenders:
Max M
Hinge
Nankervis
Dawson
Milera
Smith
O Ryan

Small defenders:
Bond
Max M
Laird
Jones
Hamill
Parnell

I haven't included Curtin as I suspect he will play mid/forward and not defence.

I will assume Parnell and Hamill are delists. I also believe Smith has met his triggers for a contract next year.

I would say we have 1 surplus in Key defenders and 1 in mid sized defenders, although this is tricky because it depends on Milera and Smith.

If we need assets to trade for Cummins and Lukosious, out of the defenders I would reluctantly be willing to trade out one of Butts/Keane (I think Keane would have more value) and possibly Nankervis (although I really like him as a player).

Thoughts here?
Cummins is a FA no need to trade.
Luko for 2nd round pick

parnell will be delisted
hamill and bond are interesting

Nank is under contract until next year

Key defenders:
Murray
Worrell
Keane
Butts
Borlase

Mid sized defenders:
Max M
Hinge
Nankervis
Dawson
Milera
Smith
O Ryan

Small defenders:
Bond
Max M
Laird
Jones
Hamill
Parnell

Thoughts here?
Nankervis is keep, potentially a better player than Cumings already, not to mention younger and without the soft tissue issues..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just looking at what I think our best 23 looks like with players currently on our list and I came up with this:

BBondButtsMax
HBNankMuzzWooz
CHingeDawsonSholl
HFRachelleTexKeays
FRankineFogRT
RROBSoligoCrouch

If we bring luko, ANB and another in as well as pick 4/5.. competition for spots if healthy next season will be hot! Don't think we've really had that for years. Wishful thinking to leave Murphy out I know...

B: Laird, Murray, Keane
HB: Michaelanny, Worrell, Hinge
C: Sholl, Crouch, Dawson
HF: Pedlar, Fogarty, Keays
F: Rachele, Thilthorpe, Walker
R: O’Brien, Soligo, Rankine
I: Milera, Taylor, Nankervis, Curtin
Sub: Berry
E: Butts, Bond, Dowling

BBondButtsMax
HBNankMuzzWooz
CHingeDawsonSholl
HFRachelleTexKeays
FRankineFogRT
RROBSoligoCrouch

There will be injuries and players form will drop off though. For a whole lot of reasons this group has gotten us to 15th.

There will be natural improvement but as you say we definetly need some big ins to take the next step. We really need guys like Laird and Crouch to be overtaken.

HF: Pedlar, Fogarty, Keays
I: Milera, Taylor, Nankervis, Curtin
Sub: Berry
E: Butts, Bond, Dowling
Yes Kane. Happy with that.

But I've just tried to do this exercise with Luko, ANB and Draper in our squad.

I found it pretty tough to be honest. Some very unlucky players miss out.

What would you do if factoring in this scenario?

Yes Kane. Happy with that.

But I've just tried to do this exercise with Luko, ANB and Draper in our squad.

I found it pretty tough to be honest. Some very unlucky players miss out.

What would you do if factoring in this scenario?
There will be injuries, but if we have everyone available with those ins...

HF: Lukosius, Fogarty, Keays
I: Milera, Neale-Bullen, Curtin, Pedlar
Sub: Taylor
E: Butts, Nankervis, Dowling

In this scenario I reckon Berry would be traded out.

There will be injuries, but if we have everyone available with those ins...

HF: Lukosius, Fogarty, Keays
I: Milera, Neale-Bullen, Curtin, Pedlar
Sub: Taylor
E: Butts, Nankervis, Dowling

In this scenario I reckon Berry would be traded out.
Milera vs Nank could be an interesting battle next year, I'd probably prefer we give games to Nank if their production level is pretty even

I'd also maybe consider playing Dowling ahead of Pedlar for more genuine outside run, but that's another one that could go either way

Milera vs Nank could be an interesting battle next year, I'd probably prefer we give games to Nank if their production level is pretty even

I'd also maybe consider playing Dowling ahead of Pedlar for more genuine outside run, but that's another one that could go either way
I'm all for the Cats approach where we rotate around 30 players during the year & horses for courses depending on opposition matchups.

Nankervis & Dowling would be very much part of the 30. I really like Nank.

Also, suspect the likes of Ryan & Edwards will be playing games too.

I'm all for the Cats approach where we rotate around 30 players during the year & horses for courses depending on opposition matchups.

Nankervis & Dowling would be very much part of the 30. I really like Nank.

Also, suspect the likes of Ryan & Edwards will be playing games too.
100% agree. Helps to keep young and old legs fresh

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back