List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

nah do that with murphy.... i still hold hope for jones (not based on his draft pick).
I think Jones would actually hold interest around the league, I don’t think Murphy would

And that wing/defence position is one where have decent depth if need

I think Jones would actually hold interest around the league, I don’t think Murphy would

And that wing/defence position is one where have decent depth if need
i can see the logic with tassie coming and they will target every tassie kid already in the system

but i would keep him. murphy seriously just delist if you cant get a 4th rounder.

berry should have been traded IMO. laird could be but nicks wont.

nah do that with murphy.... i still hold hope for jones (not based on his draft pick).
We've tried him in a number of positions and he's been unable to really impress/lock any of them down.

Fresh start might do him good. Hard to see him being best 22 next year, none of us know what position he'll be pushing for and honestly someone we shouldn't be looking to put more games into unless injuries really hit/he has some extremely strong form in the seconds.

Yeah but will more likely be developed as a KPP than a ruck is the general consensus, KPF I'd think.
Mutineer, Just thinking that a forward line consisting of Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Gerreyn, Welsh, Rankine and Rachele in 3 years time would be pretty potent to say the least. Obviously other smalls would rotate between the midfield and forward line, but any of that forward line would be capable of having some big days out, and cause the opposition defence some serious headaches.

i can see the logic with tassie coming and they will target every tassie kid already in the system

but i would keep him. murphy seriously just delist if you cant get a 4th rounder.

berry should have been traded IMO. laird could be but nicks wont.
Agree on Berry, feels like one that 1) should be overtaken, and 2) even if he is, Nicks continues to play him due to grunt and ‘effort’

Time to give game time to our next crop (Dowling/Taylor/Nank and our 2023/24 guys)

Mutineer, Just thinking that a forward line consisting of Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Gerreyn, Welsh, Rankine and Rachele in 3 years time would be pretty potent to say the least. Obviously other smalls would rotate between the midfield and forward line, but any of that forward line would be capable of having some big days out, and cause the opposition defence some serious headaches.
Feels a tad too tall, for mine

Plus, I’d like to see Turray’s development before if/when we decide to invest in another young key forward

Remember 1997. Round 4 first ever showdown. Rehn not yet back from ACL. Pitman and Keating both injured. Blight had no choice but to bring in skinny 18 year old ruckman Tom Gilligan.
Surely we could call Trent Ormond-Allen out of retirement to lead our rucks against big Maxy and co. :)

It's not usual for players in a finals team to be not talked about before the finals where they are traded.

Yes, many of the traded players are known, there are always players that come out of the blue... this is the bit Vader is failing to recognise that not ALL players tonbe traded are being talked about this time of year.
Not all. 98%, but not all.

I mean, I'm wrong - not every single player who asks for a trade has smoke before the end of the season. I'm still closer to the truth, in that these players are almost as rare as hen's teeth - where anyone reading your posts would think it's a common occurrence.

You're discounting the option of swapping Rioli for Lukosius - at Richmond Lukosius would get the forward spot he wants, and all the commercial opportunities that come with being at one of the big Melbourne clubs, and all he has to do is put up with a few lean years while Richmond put their midfield back together.

Mean time the Coasters solve their cap problem and get Rioli without needing to involve anyone else.
Serious question...
Is Luko the sort of player who will develop and (finally) blossom once he's "back home"? I remember the consensus on Rankine in similar times as being highly likely the crowds and support would be helpful. I'm not sure if it's the same with Luko. I also don't see leaving GC as his first choice. This feels like more a marriage of convenience rather than of passion.

Anyone else with a view?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've tried him in a number of positions and he's been unable to really impress/lock any of them down.

Fresh start might do him good. Hard to see him being best 22 next year, none of us know what position he'll be pushing for and honestly someone we shouldn't be looking to put more games into unless injuries really hit/he has some extremely strong form in the seconds.
Strong agree , good call

Every year I get seduced by the prospect of taking a exciting developmental ruck who actually has movement skills and co-ordination.

And every year I wave at all the Ruckman as they pass us by on draft night.
We don't want to insult Rob by having a ruckman on the list that might play ahead of him.

Not sure many are also talking about this https://www.afl.com.au/news/1203020...er-capitalise-adelaide-crows-dealt-brutal-run

Crows had by far and away - like never seen before - the hardest draw playing double up games vs 1,2,3,5,7,11. Power got 8th and lower. Effectively our 6 double up games were against teams 4-5 on average (GWS and Brissie) whilst Port Power got 6 games against an average of 13th or so (Saints and Suns territory) when they should have got a harder draw based on 2023 positions. We seem to be “unlucky” most years with this shit

Wriiting a “good strongly written letter” :) to AFL Execs asking for the following next year for double ups

Tier 1. (1-6) Power
Tier 2 (7-12) Saints and Bombers
Tier 3 (13-18) Tigers, Kangas and Weagles

This draw is what GC actually got this year with Eagles, Kangas, Tigers and Dons twice (plus GWS and Lions). They did shockingly considering but lost lots of close games also

So what your basically saying is, we played a few teams from outside last year's 8 into finals contention this year?

Not sure why so many people are excited about Keane leaving

Keane leaving = Borlaise playing a large number of games next year as our key backs seem quite injury prone and he’s next man in

Careful what you wish for
Borlase needs to be delisted. If Keane goes we need to trade in a replacement.

he's not best 22 with our ins but i would say he's best 26 (emergencies). but i dont think berry is best 22 either.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back