List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Never liked Bartel as a player or commentator - sniping little tosser, however, I agree, he would make a great choice. Mainly because I feel that the first thing he would do is clean out everything, so that he cold start afresh.
I’m not sure there’s many (any) people out there that can put their stamp on the club that. Like Blight did.

People seem to toe the line once they join the club. Seems like a problem at port too. Look at how Tredrea was critical of port, now that he’s on the board he’s more of an apologist.

And if they’re not like that, we probably don’t appoint them. It’s telling that we don’t seem to want anything to do with Balme.

Never liked Bartel as a player or commentator - sniping little tosser, however, I agree, he would make a great choice. Mainly because I feel that the first thing he would do is clean out everything, so that he cold start afresh.
Bartel a sniper as a player? Jimmy Bartel? The one that played for Geelong??

This feels out of date. Hawthorn is playing a more mature lineup now.
This figures are the entire squad figures. We were playing second or third youngest team on field most weeks this year and there were some weeks we were the youngest.

This feels out of date. Hawthorn is playing a more mature lineup now.
Western BulldogsAttributeHawthorn
190.0cmHeight187.1cm
87.3kgWeight85.7kg
26yr 8mthAge25yr 6mth
131.8Games108.6

Western BulldogsGamesHawthorn
4Less than 506
550 to 997
3100 to 1493
5150 to 2005
6200 or more2

Adelaide round 24 game
SydneyAttributeAdelaide
187.3cmHeight188.5cm
87.0kgWeight89.9kg
26yr 5mthAge24yr 5mth
129.0Games82.1

SydneyGamesAdelaide
2Less than 508
950 to 997
3100 to 1495
3150 to 2001
6200 or more2

I’m not sure there’s many (any) people out there that can put their stamp on the club that. Like Blight did.

People seem to toe the line once they join the club. Seems like a problem at port too. Look at how Tredrea was critical of port, now that he’s on the board he’s more of an apologist.

And if they’re not like that, we probably don’t appoint them. It’s telling that we don’t seem to want anything to do with Balme.

Tredders had to go a bit quiet given the turnaround of onfield fortunes. If they straight sets again I doubt he’ll be holding back internally and we’ll probably get an inkling publicly.

Couldn't disagree more. Tough as nails, great footballer, who walked the wall every damn time. Would have loved him in a crows Guernsey. Him, Lenny Hayes and Pendles were always my fave non crows.

I really don't understand the noise around getting rid of Gollant.
When drafted he was a project that needed time to find his feet and develop into a player.
Now we've invested those few seasons into him primarily in the SANFL there's calls to trade him out just as he's beginning to fill out and finally understand what it takes to be an AFL footballer.
Due to our ridiculous list management he's only played twenty something games and it's normally when thrown in to play a key forward position for an injured player.

This player more than any needs a bulk of games to exploit his attributes.
He's not strong enough to be a key position player but he has the speed and size {191cms} to be tried as a wingman. With that size he is a difficult matchup. He has a great leap and has demonstrated in patches the ability to do the extraordinary.
We have a host of players who have actually shown us they are not up to AFL football or are at the back end of their career.
They should be culled and not kept as depth limiting the opportunities of players needing that time on the field.

This reminds me of the Gunston situation, who we buried in the SANFL for three years knowing he had talent but gave him limited opportunities and never got the benefits of his development.
We lose nothing by keeping Gollant, he's 22 years of age and is one of our most athletic players who has a ton of potential and upside.

If he doesn't make it so be it but give him a chance to shine and not become a good player for another team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we aren't giving Keane a long term deal?

Exactly the type of player we should be trading.
It's Borlase or Keane... take your pick!

** At least it should be. The club definitely shouldn't be giving both players long-term deals. One yes, two no. Both have been rumoured to have been given multi-year deals, but neither has been officially announced.

Surely we aren't giving Keane a long term deal?

Exactly the type of player we should be trading.
If he does sign a long term contract, does it make Butts a tradeable player?

He’s had a few injury concerns the past few seasons and has struggled at times when playing underdone, but with KPD being a highly valuable commodity he’d probably have some real value if we were looking to trade.

** At least it should be. The club definitely shouldn't be giving both players long-term deals. One yes, two no. Both have been rumoured to have been given multi-year deals, but neither has been officially announced.
Borlase won't net any draft capital if we traded him. Keane may well net a 2nd rounder. If we are letting one go to try and improve our draft hand its obvious. If we want to keep Keane who has a higher ceiling (as much as i rate james as being very capable of coming in to do a job and do it consistently), its borlase we shoukd be letting leave and accept we only free up a rookie spot

Bartel a sniper as a player? Jimmy Bartel? The one that played for Geelong??

Thought the same. Bartel was a star and not a player I ever noticed start a niggle or hit blokes late etc.
a really unusual description of him I would have thought

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Keane's the better player it's a no brainer, keep him.

Not paying out Smith is about as bad a list management decision can be. We're a pathetic club.

Tex shouldn’t have been signed until trade period and main draft concluded. But we’re a piss weak club, if anything is our dna, it’s that.
Well Geelong are the benchmark for culture and results yet they twice resigned Tom Hawkins at an older age and less productivity than Tex.

People love to ignore Geelong because they just don’t support the narrative that you need to move on players once they hit 30, and that you need a full rebuild to stay relevant. Collingwood with Sidebottom and Pendleberry, Brisbane with Zorko and Geelong with Duncan, Hawkins and Dangerfield are all examples of the benefit of keeping experience if those players are still contributing.

Well Geelong are the benchmark for culture and results yet they twice resigned Tom Hawkins at an older age and less productivity than Tex.

People love to ignore Geelong because they just don’t support the narrative that you need to move on players once they hit 30, and that you need a full rebuild to stay relevant. Collingwood with Sidebottom and Pendleberry, Brisbane with Zorko and Geelong with Duncan, Hawkins and Dangerfield are all examples of the benefit of keeping experience if those players are still contributing.

No they didn't. Previous 2 Hawkins extensions were 2.7 and 2.5 goals per game. Only this year, noting he's retiring did it drop to 1.2. Not similar to Tex at all, plus they're contending, not rebuilding. Quite a difference in list strategy between the 2 phases. Obviously lost on you.

Keane's one of the very few players on our list that actually has trade capital.

KPDs always command overs in deals and would give us much needed draft picks to get trade deals done along with allowing us to get Dodson and Draper.

Geesus this club makes some dumb list decisions.

A topline quality coach pays for all imo

Borlase won't net any draft capital if we traded him. Keane may well net a 2nd rounder. If we are letting one go to try and improve our draft hand its obvious. If we want to keep Keane who has a higher ceiling (as much as i rate james as being very capable of coming in to do a job and do it consistently), its borlase we shoukd be letting leave and accept we only free up a rookie spot
Yes, Keane has more trade value. That's because he's the better player. I prefer to keep him for that very same reason.

Yes, Borlase is on the rookie list - and trading/delisting him only frees up a rookie list position. However, that creates a position which we can use to transfer a player off the senior list (via delisting & re-drafting in the RD) - so both options can be used to create a vacancy on the senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back