List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What I mean is were the Berry/Keane to Collingwood rumours BS and there were actually no suitors

Has been a lot of stories re Collingwood and Keane so suspect this one had legs.
Suspect Pies go for JM - and that probably impacted Berry

Either way Keane I think was close to a must keep.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bonds non recontacting is interesting. Got rave reviews from coaches each week. Nicksy hyperbole about his performances and attitude. He surprised me i must say, even though Bicks was always strong on him.

His selection above Ryan surprised me but he did well and although largely defensive in nature he quelled a number of very good players in his time in defence and occasionally on the ball. Saw a real future for him as a shut down defender and in time a midfield tagger.

I thought he would have been given a 12 month extension or two year contract by now and certainly after the season finished.
Bond not re contracting??? Is that what you're trying to say? Had that been confirmed? I've seen nothing about that.

I caught Cal Twomey say this morning very matter of factly, 'Adelaide will offer pick 25 for ANB and Melbourne will accept'.

That's so ****ed.
That screams of desperate "whatever it takes" sort of stuff.

That the club has been going on about all year wanting to be aggressive in the trade period, and the only player willing to look our way because of our inept, disfunctional footy department, gets traded for overs so we don't let one slip away.

By that I mean Lukosius has no real incentive to leave, GC is boxed into a corner and if the offer is second round and Jack agrees to go they aren't going to turn around and say 1st rounder or no deal.
His incentive to leave would be to hopefully not get stuck playing reserves...

I caught Cal Twomey say this morning very matter of factly, 'Adelaide will offer pick 25 for ANB and Melbourne will accept'.

That's so ****ed.
You think Reid would have informed Twomey what we are willing to trade?

I doubt it

All the clubs are saying is that a deal will get done.

Doubt we will pay a premium in these circumstances as we haven't chased him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's probably fair, given what pick MELB gave us for McAdam ....there'll be steak knives attached to the deal, you'd think
Does that mean we get a favourable deal next time wirh the Cats for ripping us off for Dangerfield...

It's probably fair, given what pick MELB gave us for McAdam ....there'll be steak knives attached to the deal, you'd think
Ridiculous, you don’t even out trades because one sunk for them.
Madness

I think the interest in Sam by Collingwood might have been genuine. Sam and Eddie Maguire's sons Joe and Alexander are best buds from their time at Melbourne Grammar. Joe now in college in the USA playing football as a punter I believe.

View attachment 2106969
Can Xander get picked a s a Moore Father Son?

Nobody is bidding on Welsh before 30
There is a player there for sure, but he will be a slow burn and will need to drop some weight and get to AFL fitness. But as a mid sized power forward, he could be good. But this is a strong draft it seems and there are plenty of good prospects available

You think Reid would have informed Twomey what we are willing to trade?

I doubt it

All the clubs are saying is that a deal will get done.

Doubt we will pay a premium in these circumstances as we haven't chased him.

Yeah I try not to react to these media reports, just Cal's views seem to be taken more seriously than others.

I guess the other point is, 25 will push into the 30s, so maybe there is a risk of a Welsh bid. Cal would have a handle on this and maybe is factoring into his view 🤷‍♂️

On paper pick 25 for ANB just looks bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back