List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the plan is if luko doesn't join us, we offer himmelberg a decent contract, if he elects to go then we can't stop him and we retain Burgess as our depth tall forward. If luko joins we don't offer contract to Berg and cut and payout Burgess, if luko doesn't join, Berg accepts contract we cut Burgess. Something along those lines.
Actually FWIW, I think we might have a similar setup re cumming and Hamill. If we don't get cumming Hamill will be retained.

These suggest that the club doesn't consider Luko or Cumming to be done deals. Far from it.

With the recent resignings, I'd love to know what our list management strategy actually is.
Seems like our list strategy is to just sign everyone who wants to stay.

We just finished in the bottom 4 and it's looking likely we will only bring in 3 new players. Pretty depressing if that's the end result.

Seems like our list strategy is to just sign everyone who wants to stay.

We just finished in the bottom 4 and it's looking likely we will only bring in 3 new players. Pretty depressing if that's the end result.
We are the modern day Carthage, back all our existing citizens in...not good enough when the romans came knocking

I guess I might get challenged on my views of re signing of Borlase and Bond as apart from leaving so few spots I believe it just shows howe average we want to be as a club .
Although both players work hard, both players are very limited in AFL skills and offer very little going forward.
Also realising Bond done ok as a stopper but although running with key player still unable to get possessions and having another average player around mid that offers no hurt along Crouch , Laird etc doesn't get me too excited .

We are the modern day Carthage, back all our existing citizens in...not good enough when the romans came knocking
Back the boys in, back the coaches in, back the administration in...

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

I guess I might get challenged on my views of re signing of Borlase and Bond as apart from leaving so few spots I believe it just shows howe average we want to be as a club .
Although both players work hard, both players are very limited in AFL skills and offer very little going forward.
Also realising Bond done ok as a stopper but although running with key player still unable to get possessions and having another average player around mid that offers no hurt along Crouch , Laird etc doesn't get me too excited .
Crouch rates pretty high amongst midfielders in score involvements only a bees dick behind Dangerfield at 6.23 a game on average, that would suggest he has hurt factor, easily the Crows most prolific in that regard.

I'd be interested to see how many clubs keep purely "depth" players on their list for similar similar periods to us to us like Ben Davis and Elliot Himmelberg.?

It is weird how long we hang on to certain players.
I sort of get it through the main part of our rebuild to keep a core group together. Very disappointed that we are coming in to this trade/draft period with such a tight list again. And that what I would regard as a couple of our better depth players are going and instead we will keep a few blokes that should be gone.

I also think you need 4 Key position players in your squad forward and back. Gives you development guys some structure in the Sanfl plus depth for injuries. It’s only 8 out of 42 spots

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As have been saying for a long time - we recruited Bond as a Luke Brown replacement. Yea he had a run with Merrett at one point but they see him predominately as a back pocket.
Also - a handful of games in - possessions will come with experience.

It is weird how long we hang on to certain players.
I sort of get it through the main part of our rebuild to keep a core group together. Very disappointed that we are coming in to this trade/draft period with such a tight list again. And that what I would regard as a couple of our better depth players are going and instead we will keep a few blokes that should be gone.

I also think you need 4 Key position players in your squad forward and back. Gives you development guys some structure in the Sanfl plus depth for injuries. It’s only 8 out of 42 spots

Borlase is never going to be anything other than back up and when all are fit he's not getting a look in hence he's really not putting pressure on the incumbents whereas a draftee like say James Barrat or Clancy Dennis whilst not immediately are every chance to be best 22 soon enough. We need to turn our list over far more aggressively if we want the ultimate prize.

Crouch rates pretty high amongst midfielders in score involvements only a bees dick behind Dangerfield at 6.23 a game on average, that would suggest he has hurt factor, easily the Crows most prolific in that regard.
I think he is bundling laird and crouch as the same which isnt fair.
I would be shocked if laird can have impact on the ball again. I agree so much on the borlase bond bit though.
Surely we are all starting to believe Luko goes to Port? Dixon gone, Marshall massive question marks re concussion

And here we are trying to squeeze him in on a wing

Port will be throwing the kitchen sink to get him surely

they need him more yes

but they cant get the deal done unless one of their A graders leaves

Ok now i am convinced reid is incompetent

how can you sign borlase. seriously

"edit
surely strachan and smith delisted then

burgess also unsigned. there is zero evidence he has a contract post this year.

You seriously reckon that we have a list management committee that includes Roo, Kelly &Nix and JR just decides all by himself that we should extend Borlase by 2 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we are all starting to believe Luko goes to Port? Dixon gone, Marshall massive question marks re concussion

And here we are trying to squeeze him in on a wing

Port will be throwing the kitchen sink to get him surely

i think we want him as that 3 tall forward with the view that 2025 will most likely be Tex last year.

Reidy's got it ass about there!!

Sorry I just don't get it with Borlase, IMO at best he's AFL depth at any club in the AFL and should be on a strictly year to year basis if retained at all.

Again, it's not just Reid. List management is a group decision, Roo, Kelly, Reid and Nicks make these decisions collaboratively.

Waynus comparing how Geelong bring in young players compared to us.

Ummm, perhaps he doesn't realise Geelong make the prelims every year whilst we are a basket case.

Anyone but a troll would understand its harder to break into a consistent top 4 side rather than a bottom 4 side.

But we would "hit the roof if Adelaide did the same thing as Geelong".

FMD, why can't we ignore this tripe.

People call him a troll, but that's giving him far too much respect. He's just clueless about football and that's combined with off the charts arrogance with a decent sized helping of delusion. The classic is tyat post where he reckons his wife is the problem in the car when she's screaming in fear of her safety. And he posted that to make a point in his own favour. We're not dealing with someone who's the full quid here.

Would it be crazy to speak to teams lacking KPD like the Bulldogs and suggest that Butts might be a good fit?
Well they like all clubs don't see Borlase as the answer given he's been available multiple times and there was no stopping anyone from doing a Greenwood when he was in limbo last time. IMO Butts is the most effective of all our KPD's on the big gorilla forwards.

how to get a contract at adelaide
1. hold shape
2. listen in team meetings and nod
3. dont rock the boat
4. bring the coach a latte
5. throw your body around onfield

bond one year no problem but borlase this is too much

Whilst looking for Burgess' last contract extension on footywire I came across Reid's quote on him saying he's versatile as can play forward or back. If he's still on our list, surely he can cover for Borlase.

Can someone point to when Borlase let us down or even had 9 goals scored on him in total?
Hes no gun but fine as a backup.

But he's a backup to our backup. Zero point locking in a player like him for 2 years when there's still numerous players in our current best 23 that need to be improved upon. We're better off churning rookies through those list spots hoping to unearth the next CC. He's not the only one, but he was the only one unsigned late into this year. Even just a one year deal like we gave Bond would have been better.

So the list spots are once again going to be very tight and possibly make it difficult to get players in.

It's going to be a very disappointing off season isn't it.
We are going to go:
IN
Pick 4 or Luko (we are absolutely stupid enough to make that trade)
ANB
Welsh

and that's it.

God I hate Reid. God I hate Roo. God I hate the shitshow at this club.

Yes I'm going full Lindy very early.

Borlase was pretty close to our best player when Hawthorn destroyed us at the G.

If we were amenable to using 4 at this moment, I'd imagine Luko would have declared his suitor and we'd quibble over what's returning during trade week. I'm not saying we won't end up buckling, I definitely think we'll blow F1, but for now it looks like 4 isn't on the table.

But he's a backup to our backup. Zero point locking in a player like him for 2 years when there's still numerous players in our current best 23 that need to be improved upon. We're better off churning rookies through those list spots hoping to unearth the next CC. He's not the only one, but he was the only one unsigned late into this year. Even just a one year deal like we gave Bond would have been better.
The 2 year bit is strange for sure.
But he’s hardly a backup to a backup.
He played 9 games including a game with, Butts, Keane and Murray.

If we were amenable to using 4 at this moment, I'd imagine Luko would have declared his suitor and we'd quibble over what's returning during trade week. I'm not saying we won't end up buckling, I definitely think we'll blow F1, but for now it looks like 4 isn't on the table.
If it was (pick 4), GC would have bitten off our arm for it

Who else do you blame for the state of the list than the list manager?

The List Management Committee. The 4-5 people that meet regularly to make decisions on player contracts, acquisitions, pick trades, extensions and delistings and then set JR on the path to make it happen. He is absolutely 1 of the 4-5 involved in making the decisi9n itself, but he most certainly doesn't have unilateral power.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back