List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah draft Flynn Penry with a late pick/rookie and make this Strachan's last contract. I rate Penry and he's already a decent physical specimen so 1 year to develop in the SANFL and I reckon he'll be competitive for AFL games.

No more rucks out of the bargain bin like Strachan, Lowden, Graham etc.
I'd agree. I suppose my concern is will we have list spots available to draft a ruck? If not, I'd rather cut a 29 year old one even if it's having a backup who isn't ready.

Probably a fair throwaway comment but heard Tex on triple m yesterday suggesting we'll be active in the trade period. Perhaps we'll have some contracted guys move to change things.

Replacing Murphy, Nank, Dowling, laird and Berry from our round 24 side with ANB, Cumming, Rankine, pick 4 and a fit/confident Pedlar and we are completely different proposition.
You can't honestly think they'll play Pedlar ahead of Murphy, or Pick 4 ahead of Laird.

Regards to Laird being down the road to past it, was interesting listening to Campo a couple of times lately.

Spoken about how tough it was when he had to stop playing Scott Thompson and telling him he's lost parts of his game, the games getting past him. And how Thommo couldn't see it/didn't want to.

You can't honestly think they'll play Pedlar ahead of Murphy, or Pick 4 ahead of Laird.
I think regardless of whether Nicks picks it or not, it’s a promising sign that there’s actually a good 22 hypothesised there.

The fact there’s a high likelihood that isn’t the team Nicks fields is a poignant example of why our coaching is the issue more-so than the list.

What works in Crouch’s favour is that his footy brain seems to be well ahead of Laird’s. Knows how to effectively extract the footy and makes little mistakes with his ball use. Laird just blazes away a lot of the time

That said, I wouldn’t be upset if we initiated a ‘changing of the guard’ after next season and advise him to move to a contender with a weak-ish midfield

I think the changing of the guard should happen sooner. There are reasons why Crouch wouldn't make the majority of midfields in the comp.

I think regardless of whether Nicks picks it or not, it’s a promising sign that there’s actually a good 22 hypothesised there.

The fact there’s a high likelihood that isn’t the team Nicks fields is a poignant example of why our coaching is the issue more-so than the list.
Agree. Let's hope Nicks is forced to pick the actual best 22 with whatever this Director of Coaching BS is.

FB. Worrell ~ Murray ~ Bond
HB. Hinge ~ Keane ~ Michalanney

C. Cumming ~ Dawson ~ Soligo
R. O'Brien ~ Crouch ~ Rankine

HF. Lukosius ~ Fogarty ~ Neale-Bullen
FF. Rachele ~ Thilthorpe ~ Keays

B. Curtin ~ Lalor ~ Milera ~ Taylor
S. Pedlar

Em. Laird, Butts, Berry, Murphy, Ryan, Edwards, Nankervis, Sholl, Dowling, Cook, Walker, Smith

It's got rather quiet with him. He would be a good get.
I’m quietly confident with Cumming .
Just listening to Scotty Lucas who is Sicily’s manager wanting a clue whether Sic is playing back or forward next year.
When asked his opinion on GWS players Perryman and Cumming he said last nights result “favours the encumbent” in holding players who may see unfinished business with GWS
He then followed with “Cumming has a decision to make with a big offer from Adelaide”
Just sounded good to me.

Actually, I think there's a very good chance of Smith being shuffled to the rookie list, following the Mackay precedent. Smith doesn't have a lot of say in whether or not it happens, so his willingness to accept it is largely irrelevant.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely... though we should just delist him & keep Hamill instead.

Who is of more use going forward!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ANB will replace murphy. they know its just they got nobody else to play that role so they play murphy
Yep, I really don’t think even Maffew and his usual lack of common sense messes up that one

The only real guts that we’ve had in the past few years that play that role (not necessarily well) are Murphy, Ned and occasionally Berry

I think the changing of the guard should happen sooner. There are reasons why Crouch wouldn't make the majority of midfields in the comp.
I don’t think Crouch is actively hurting us being in there, at the moment, so I’m fine if he continues to hold a place for 2025 while Curtin/Edwards/pick 4 develop

Agree. Let's hope Nicks is forced to pick the actual best 22 with whatever this Director of Coaching BS is.

S. Pedlar

Em. Laird, Butts, Berry, Murphy, Ryan, Edwards, Nankervis, Sholl, Dowling, Cook, Walker, Smith
Not sure Bond starts next year in the 22, particularly after only getting a one-year deal

Someone like Lalor would have to prove their fitness, too (in comparison to say Jagga or Draper, who’d be a day 1 walk up start)

S. Pedlar

It’s a promising sign that I like your listed 23 and yet I have a different one (noting that I think we land Cumming and ANB but not Luko)

Worrell ~ Butts ~ Michalanney
Hinge ~ Murray ~ Nankervis
Sholl ~ Dawson ~ Cumming
ROB ~ Izak ~ Soligo
Taylor ~ Fogarty ~ Keays
Rachele ~ Thilthorpe ~ Walker
Neale-Bullen ~ Curtin ~ Crouch ~ Lalor/Pedlar ~ Milera (sub)

Notable depth: Pedlar/Lalor, Keane, Bond, Ryan, Laird, Berry, Dowling, Edwards, Murphy

Not sure Bond starts next year in the 22, particularly after only getting a one-year deal

Someone like Lalor would have to prove their fitness, too (in comparison to say Jagga or Draper, who’d be a day 1 walk up start)
Agree. Bond is good depth if Max goes down, or a half back goes down meaning Max plays the half back role. But Max is more dynamic in the lock-down role, and IMO we’re better off having an extra half back (Nankervis, Milera) over Bond.

Without Cumming and Luko, this would be mine:

B: Michalanney, Murray, Worrell
HB: Hinge, Butts/Keane, Nankervis
C: Sholl, Dawson, Curtin
HF: Rachele, Fogarty, ANB
F: Keays, Thilthorpe, Walker
R: ROB, Soligo, Rankine
I/C: Crouch, Taylor, Dowling, Milera
Sub: Pedlar

Luko and Cumming would push Pedlar and Dowling out, with Milera going to sub

Unfortunately you’d suspect Laird starts the year in the 22 as well, which pushes Milera out and Taylor becomes sub

Pick 4 not considered, given that’s still up in the air as to who it could be

I would’ve agreed with you until we signed everyone else up. He might stay if we miss out on Cumming, but otherwise he’s gone. We essentially chose to keep Bond and Berry over him, plus Oscar Ryan plays a similar position and is viewed as having a strong future.

Another factor in Hamill’s demise is electing to get Smith to his games played trigger, which is still one of the most moronic things I can recall.
What was Smith's trigger?

People speak of triggers like it's just the final year - but most are something like "60 games over four years". He could have pretty much got it based on previous years, we don't know

Unless we are only planning to draft 2 players.
This would be disappointing, with the amount of dead weight on the list and the depth of the draft, I really hope they’re trying to get 3-4 players including Welsh into the squad.

Hit the draft hard this year and then reevaluate the list before next years draft.

Regards to Laird being down the road to past it, was interesting listening to Campo a couple of times lately.

Spoken about how tough it was when he had to stop playing Scott Thompson and telling him he's lost parts of his game, the games getting past him. And how Thommo couldn't see it/didn't want to.
So they just kept playing him. Who tf runs the show there?

S. Pedlar

Back pocket worries me with Bond. He looks to be a very likely lock down type but more around the ball. I would have hinge in the back pocket with Worrell in the other back pocket and Cumming to his best spot at half back. Then Luko to a wing

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back