List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And completely free draft capital wise. Its the sort of player we should be targeting. Draft youe elite projecting talent when you can and suppliment with quality free agents too

This is the key point, length of contracts and dollars are starting to become irrelevant to some extent given the offers around but the draft Capital is the hardest part of any deal. It's really a free hit.

We couldn’t have taken the Bowes deal because we had to waste our last list spot on Sloane’s pity extension. Unreal that at the same time they’re playing hardball with us over Rankine, they’re sending 7 and a player to clear TPP pressure. Wouldn’t losing izaak have achieved the same goal? It’s not Cats, it’s us.
My recollection was we enquired about Bowes deal and he had no interest in coming to us? But that may be false memories as I can't find any articles on the topic.
Suns did ok when trading Ablett back.
After the AFL manufactured a free first rounder as Motlop compo for GC to give them so they lost nothing.

My recollection was we enquired about Bowes deal and he had no interest in coming to us? But that may be false memories as I can't find any articles on the topic.

After the AFL manufactured a free first rounder as Motlop compo for GC to give them so they lost nothing.
He said we were really keen, but Geelong made him feel like they really wanted him, rather than the draft pick attached to him.

Weve done ok with these types in the past. Seedsman, Keays, Hinge etc.
Good idea to target players who are depth in stacked lines, and who are for that reason not getting opportunities that they deserve. Eg Flanders was underused at GC for a long time and maybe could have been gettable at some point in the past if offered better opportunities.

Matt Kennedy told to gauge the trade market by the Blues

I’d have a level of interest there, he’s no star and not speedy, but he’d be a decent upgrade on Berry as an inside mid piece

That said, we probably moreso need to look at developing a star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Kennedy told to gauge the trade market by the Blues

I’d have a level of interest there, he’s no star and not speedy, but he’d be a decent upgrade on Berry as an inside mid piece

That said, we probably moreso need to look at developing a star
happily swap murphy for kennedy

kennedy wonr get a game but at least murphy wont either. well he can at the blues thats fine.

Versatile, good clearance winner in the middle, wins the ball (unlike Berry). Carlton supporters seem to like him in general, too. I wouldn't be against him
Decent player but we probably should just keep investing games into Dowling instead.

His biggest issue is he's a similar type to what they've got.

I wouldn't be against him if it were as a depth option and for a throwaway pick, but doubt he'd move for that.

I'd rather see Dowling, Edwards and Pick 4 get some games in there instead
I don't think we have too many pure clearance winners in our mid rotation, at the moment. Reckon you need at least two quality players that are clearance-winners as part of a five-man midfield rotation

Who that is is another question altogether

Reckon that all has to do with Gary Ablett Jr. and GC are still paying for him going to GC in 2011.

Geelong probably would have won another 2-3 flags with him in the team. They were close in 2012-2014 with top 2-3 positions in 2013 and 2014.
Sounds like the sort of arrangement that would cost a club like us a gazillion draft picks in sanctions...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back