Position 2024 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit surprised at the lack of Wardlaw.

The obvious counter arguments are that he has had issues with his hammies, and he plays for a team that hasn’t won very often for quite a long time.

But he’s also an elite first rotation midfielder for less than 370k, and he’s had an exemplary run through the preseason thus far. His ToG will shoot up considerably in 2024.
Mid priced 2nd year players are death in SC. It works so rarely it's better to not bother.

Wardlaw looks an injury fault too, would need to see a season without soft tissue injuries to seriously consider him for mine.

The obvious counter arguments are that he has had issues with his hammies, and he plays for a team that hasn’t won very often for quite a long time.

But he’s also an elite first rotation midfielder for less than 370k, and he’s had an exemplary run through the preseason thus far. His ToG will shoot up considerably in 2024.
He's on my watch list, priced at 66 and would need to go at 90+ for at least 6 rounds

I'll see you your Wardlaw and raise you a Pedlar ......both are going to be great midfielder picks ....but perhaps a year early for both

You can add Ginbey to that mix too.
Certainly can ....not forgetting Reid ....there's so many quality young Mids in the AFL at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thought is: Wardlaw’ll make ~150k with scores that are just a whisker below bona fide actual premo

Settle down mate he had a 43,46 & 30 in his 8 scores last year just one of those kills any cash generation.

He was subbed off for one and on managed time the other two. He is going to rival Sheezel this year.
chances of a second year player coming from as far back as wardlaw is in terms of conditioning and match fitness having the consistency of scoring to make 150k from his price point is pretty much 0

hopper was a cheaper pick in 2023 with runs on the board and didn't make 150k as a first rotation mid

All the news coming out of North Melbourne is that LDU is having a huge pre season, in best career shape and condition.

I wonder if that has anything to do that north Melbourne are training at la Trobe university whilst Arden street in oval is being resurfaced.

Will LDU spending his pre season on grass which is up to elite standards allow him to complete a full pre season?

All the news coming out of North Melbourne is that LDU is having a huge pre season, in best career shape and condition.

I wonder if that has anything to do that north Melbourne are training at la Trobe university whilst Arden street in oval is being resurfaced.

Will LDU spending his pre season on grass which is up to elite standards allow him to complete a full pre season?

Elite grass = elite preseason :moustache:

Without sounding rude… these North Melbourne blokes are playing against North Melbourne players.

That's not rude imo.

Imagine what Reid can do at WC training..

That's not rude imo.

Imagine what Reid can do at WC training..
laughing-laugh.gif

mike-tyson-laugh.gif

giphy.gif

slap-slapping.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2024 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back