List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Brisbane would. They still need more points to match Marshall after matching Ashcroft
I think they'll get more points by splitting their earlier picks further, but maybe something like a future 3rd could come into play. Even from our perspective, I'd rather give them all three picks for one higher up the order than give them one for a future third likely to be essentially a 4th rounder, which is essentially worthless.

I doubt anyone is going to trade a future 3rd for a pick in the 50s. At that point they'd probably just back themselves to get whoever at the point in the draft that teams start passing anyway.

Fair enough. But I see teams on that table like Adelaide west coast freo north and hawthorn with Picks in the 60- s and 70 s, and not many picks before that, so in a good draft might be keen to move up a few spots and switch out a future pick to achieve that?

I doubt anyone is going to trade a future 3rd for a pick in the 50s. At that point they'd probably just back themselves to get whoever at the point in the draft that teams start passing anyway.
I disagree. A future third is a pick in the 50s in a draft not expected to be as deep. Clubs will pay that to move up if there's someone there they want and their next pick is still a fair way away. You might even get a swap of future second for future third.

I disagree. A future third is a pick in the 50s in a draft not expected to be as deep. Clubs will pay that to move up if there's someone there they want and their next pick is still a fair way away. You might even get a swap of future second for future third.
BTW, the crime novelist, Clancy Dennis is actually a very good KP defender we could get with one of our picks

Looking at each teams draft picks if we were going to try and get up the board it would involve packaging our picks and going for either the Lions or Suns 34 or 39 but then we only have one pick in the draft. Lions pick 27 is not possible if you look at the points we have, our collective draft points is 623 and pick 27 is 703.

The other way of maybe getting a pick is with future 3rds, at this point if we could, I would trade a future 2nd but we can't as we traded a future 1st. With list spots so tight around the competition we can hope that a team would trade a their current 3rd for a future 3rd. But then you look at the teams who might be able to do it and you could at max move up 8-10 spots from our best draft pick with pick 43 (Lions) having the first pick in the third round.

These teams have thirds that would be worth trading for

Lions pick 43 - won't trade for a future
Sydney pick 44 - probably most likely to trade for a future
Geelong pick 45 - won't trade
Essendon pick 46 - won't trade
Saints pick 47 - won't trade
Dogs pick 48 - might trade - we would only trade if there was a player we wanted

Best case scenario we get picks 44, 52, 55, 58 - don't know if we would keep 58.

Not following this thread too closely so forgive if this has been asked.

Assuming we have three vacancies and likely only take two picks to the draft.

One option is obviously trading two picks in the 50s to move up a few spots ( maybe 5-6, exoecting a massive move up 20 spots is nonsense). Any gain up the order is better than burning the pick with a pass.

But would another option be trading one of these picks for a F3 ?
Unless we plan on upgrading a rookie, we have to take 3 picks to the draft. And they may if they feel there is enough players on the board around our picks.

Here's manics longshots for now

Clancy Dennis - 195cm KD who takes the game on and has plenty of athleticism, good hands and moves very well.

Bailey McKenzie - 191cm third tall who has plenty of X factor, pack marks and very athletic. Not a KF but the 3rd tall forward is becoming very important if you can find a good one.

Here's manics longshots for now

Clancy Dennis - 195cm KD who takes the game on and has plenty of athleticism, good hands and moves very well.

Bailey McKenzie - 191cm third tall who has plenty of X factor, pack marks and very athletic. Not a KF but the 3rd tall forward is becoming very important if you can find a good one.
I don't know why but I really like Bailey McKenzie too.

Unless we plan on upgrading a rookie, we have to take 3 picks to the draft. And they may if they feel there is enough players on the board around our picks.
But aren’t we likely to take a DFA into the senior list? Meaning that drops us down to two live picks and our third pick in the 50s wouldn’t be utilised anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back