List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

I do agree Charlie Nicholls sounds like a future afl star just going off the name lol. Happy with any of Nicholls, Sims, Stumph, Gerreyn with one of our picks. Don't see how Sims lasts. Like the look of Kennedy as hopefully a late gem mid. Dennis is the draftee I am most invested in. Very impressed with what I have seen.
You need to remember that in an even draft like this, different clubs will have wildly varying ratings, particularly once the 30s come around. We’ll inevitably be seeing players taken in the 30’s that most were rating 40+ and we’ll probably see players taken in the 40’s and 50’s that some had rated in the late 20’s.
No point in writing off a player like Sims’ availability based on some power rankings, because it’s almost guaranteed they’re going to be insanely inaccurate come draft night.

I do agree Charlie Nicholls sounds like a future afl star just going off the name lol. Happy with any of Nicholls, Sims, Stumph, Gerreyn with one of our picks. Don't see how Sims lasts. Like the look of Kennedy as hopefully a late gem mid. Dennis is the draftee I am most invested in. Very impressed with what I have seen.

The Nicholls videos didn’t really inspire me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn't Scharenberg have navicular issues during his draft year ? If so , think we probably will steer clear of Noah Mraz.
Scharenberg had surgery to remove sesamoid bones from his feet, more towards the forefoot, whereas tha navicular bone is closer to the ankle.
Schaz then had his ACLs, poor bugger.
Going by what Choco & Carey said about him, he could have been anything, but was screwed by injury.

If I ever write a book about an AFL footballer, his name will be Charlie Nichols. He'll star early. There may be a few scandals and a couple of years lost to cocaine and prostitutes. But he'll deliver glory in the end. Get him and a good scandal manager, Leppa.

If I ever write a book about an AFL footballer, his name will be Charlie Nichols. He'll star early. There may be a few scandals and a couple of years lost to cocaine and prostitutes. But he'll deliver glory in the end. Get him and a good scandal manager, Leppa.
As long as we take Clancy Dennis to help balance the bad with the good. I couldn't imagine a clancy ever doing something bad

The book could be called "Redemption And Glory - To Hell And Back".

Reads well.

Realistically, if we we're going kpf at our pick range, we've got the prototypes in the team - the kind who slip down the draft order.

McStay - a big bloke who contests and can clunk a mark, but isn't athletically impressive.

Checkers - undersized but competes in the air and has a ground level game to go with it.

I really don't want the guy who blitzed them in the combine sprints.
My main criteria for a KPP.
Only topped by “Fearcely Competitive”

My main criteria for a KPP.
Only topped by “Fearcely Competitive”
Is that like, someone who fears getting competitive?

I’d prefer someone fiercely competitive tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. They were fixed in his first year with us and he never had issues again, much the same as when Josh Thomas had the same surgery.

I seriously doubt that Scharenbergs completely separate knee issues will put them off drafting anyone with navicular issues.
Wasn’t Navicular. Was a different foot issue

I did watch the episode of craft to the draft where they talked about the players outside the top 60. With talking about Kerr and Luke Quaynor. They seem to believe (and probably more likely) that Luke gets listed on our vfl side first, there is still some question marks about his offensive stuff.
They talked about Kerr how his disposal is better than most, that he can take a mark, really damaging around stoppage. Can play up forward. Can play down back. Is very hard to tackle him and gets his hands up around tackles, one of the few big bodied mids. Its just a real shame he did his ACL at such a bad time.

Last edited:
I did watch the episode of craft to the draft where they talked about the players outside the top 60. With talking about Kerr and Luke Quaynor. They seem to believe (and probably more likely) that Luke gets listed on our vfl side first, there is still some question marks about his offensive stuff.
They talked about Kerr how his disposal is better than most, that he can take a mark, really damaging around stoppage. Can play up forward. Can play down back. Is very hard to tackle him and gets his hands up around tackles, one of the few big bodied mids. Its just a real shame he did his ACL at such a bad time.
Jeez, Kerr looked good pre ACL from footage I’ve seen. Loved the part where he couldn’t be tackled.

I still believe there is a chance we will pick him up. As a late pick or in the rookie draft. We absolutely need someone of his size in the midfield, a Patty Cripps type. 192cm with still room for more growth.

He is worth putting time into.

Jeez, Kerr looked good pre ACL from footage I’ve seen. Loved the part where he couldn’t be tackled.

I still believe there is a chance we will pick him up. As a late pick or in the rookie draft. We absolutely need someone of his size in the midfield, a Patty Cripps type.

He is worth putting time into.
Yeah. If there is one draft with late picks you could take a punt on with our last pick, this could be the one. Has a lot of upside.
Here is from his first APS game.
He had 24 disposals, 10 clearances, 2 goals

Yeah. If there is one draft with late picks you could take a punt on with our last pick, this could be the one. Has a lot of upside.
Here is from his first APS game.
He had 24 disposals, 10 clearances, 2 goals

Really good highlights, his size just makes it all the more impressive. I’d be taking him over Quaynor. I trust that the club sees what we see in him. Will be very happy if we give him a chance.

Maybe we will find out a little more about our plans in the next month.

Really good highlights, his size just makes it all the more impressive. I’d be taking him over Quaynor. I trust that the club sees what we see in him. Will be very happy if we give him a chance.

Maybe we will find out a little more about our plans in the next month.
Yeah, would be worth the punt late, because his upside is great. Has a lot of afl attributes. ie: his size, stoppage craft, quick hands in transition, can take a contested mark whether thats up forward or back (he was known for being a intercepting defender in school footy in 2023) There is def something to work with here. Whether we take him this year or track his acl progress early in 2025.

And the type of big bodied mid is probably something we are crying out for with titch at the end of his career.

Yeah, would be worth the punt late, because his upside is great. Has a lot of afl attributes. ie: his size, stoppage craft, quick hands in transition, can take a contested mark whether thats up forward or back (he was known for being a intercepting defender in school footy in 2023) There is def something to work with here. Whether we take him this year or track his acl progress early in 2025.

And the type of big bodied mid is probably something we are crying out for with titch at the end of his career.

Am I right in saying if no one takes him in the draft we can just preselect him as a rookie? Was that a rule at one stage for NGA?

Am I right in saying if no one takes him in the draft we can just preselect him as a rookie? Was that a rule at one stage for NGA?

You can add them as a category b rookie, but with Condon coming we won't have a vacancy.

3 picks in the 50's so credit where it's due to you guys, it takes more than a fair effort to come up with 48 pages given no one can even pretend to have a clue about what's gonna happen so late in the draft.
Having said that I like that Kerr kid who suffered the ACL injurie, he gives me Clayton Oliver vibes but hopefully minus glass Barbie.

3 picks in the 50's so credit where it's due to you guys, it takes more than a fair effort to come up with 48 pages given no one can even pretend to have a clue about what's gonna happen so late in the draft.
Having said that I like that Kerr kid who suffered the ACL injurie, he gives me Clayton Oliver vibes but hopefully minus glass Barbie.
Yeah, whatever. It's better than pretending to know shit but only have laughing emojis as your source of information. You must be a blast at party's

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back