Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The best performance of the Champs series so far for Moraes who's been solid and consistent without really tearing a game apart. Its probably not surprising that this was also the game in which he had his highest number of midfield rotations and was able to use his running power to burn off his opponents on the spread. He was especially effective in the second half as Metro got well on top in general play, featuring in many of their most productive passages of play and kicking a couple of goals.

On a best case scenario, I could see Moraes emulating a Chad Warner, and on a worst case I think he becomes a Connor MacDonald.

Loved his game today, especially the overhead marking.

Trainor Hurt his knee. Grabbed it immediately and hobbled off.
I was at the game and it was definitely his ankle. Was iced after the game. Didn't look too bad - he was in good spirits post game.

Looks a great prospect - terrific mover. Very quick for his size to my eye.

Oliver and Greggo were pretty handy off the half back.
Sims and Armstrong impressive. Ludo the bottom ager for next year.
The Vic Metro mid/fwds Reid, Smillie, Moraes and Smith were classy. Gross gets a lot of it but a bit selfish and slow to kick.
Trainor and Smillie showed off some nice kicking and the occasional turnover which will happen.
Kako and Dattoli I like the look of as well.

Dodson and Nichols as talls for SA. Draper, Sharp, Bradley, Barrett some other options.

It would be really tempting to split the 1st and get 2-3 out of those talented Metro kids that's for sure.

Last edited:
After Richmond’s effort today we aren’t finishing last this year, I see us beating them at least..

So pick 2 to 3 at this rate.
Yep I reckon we might even get a win before that game so the discussion of tanking will be irrelevant.
I'm fine with pick 2 or 3 as we might be able to slide back to 4-7 and get another pick in the 1st round.
Depends who is on the board I'd guess as well but there's some good options in the top 20 that's for sure.

I don’t really see it with Gross, he is combative, strong overhead and can find the footy, but his decision making and disposal is pretty avg. has a tendency to just throw it on the boot around the contest. In saying that he was a lot cleaner today.
Gross also is a bit selfish imo. Had a few options ahead of him and held onto it to kick it himself or took a bit too long to make a decision. One with Moraes running in front of him in particular out of the middle.

After Richmond’s effort today we aren’t finishing last this year, I see us beating them at least..

So pick 2 to 3 at this rate.
You just know the media have already drafted their articles about how we should have tanked when we beat them in round 21.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cadman only came into pick 1 due to a dearth of key position options in that draft, otherwise it would’ve been between he, Sheez and Wardlaw, with the latter two a genuine toss up.
Ashcroft was the obvious No.1 in that years draft but being FS, it really was between Sheez, Wardlaw and Tsatas...if Ashcroft was not tied, l doubt we would have split 1...sliding doors but l'm happy Ashcroft was tied and GWS wanted Cadman.

An average game for Jagga is a very good game for most other players. He started and finished strong here, but had a quieter period through the second quarter and early in the third. He was still excellent at stoppage, with his innate ability to read the tap and slippery movement to find space for a clean disposal, and he was an important part of Metro's push in the 4th quarter to kill the game off with a scoring surge.

The less he plays, the better he gets.
He toyed with the competition last year as an under ager.

He would have destroyed today's lot.

He is a unique footballer, some would say a prototype of the perfect footballer.

He is a mixture of LDU and McKercher with a bit of Isaac Smith all rolled into 1.

I'M ALL IN FOR FINN.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back