Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd have key forward at the top of the needs list. Gerryn and Faull I really like. M Whitlock is such a baby giraffe.
Nichols, Shanahan, Sims options as well. I don't really care. Just want at least one.

A crafty forward out of Kako/Berry/Alger/Champion/Bradley would go nicely along with River later pick I'm guessing.

I like Allan and Langford as taller mids. Unfortunately, Bo Allan's kicking action reminds me a bit of Darcy Tucker's in it's awkwardness/rawness. Urqhuart a bit underwhelming today.

We need that athletic 190-194cm interceptor in the mould of a Travaglia or O'Farrell to replace Corr long term.

Another 198cm plus defender is needed on the depth chart as well. But probably not as urgent this year.

Bit more run on the wings/half back wouldn't go astray either, but can't fix it all in one draft.

Also don't mind that Rodriguez kid in next year's draft. Hayes and Hamish Davis I quite like as well.
Yeah, we probably need to move magnets, players and picks to make sure we have another 3 picks inside the top 20-25 this year.

Travaglia, Faull and Kako would be three players for North to look to draft. All three have a point of difference and all three fill a need.

If Travaglia keeps going the way he is, he will jump right into the top 10, potentially even higher.

It’s not unprecedented to start in that type of role in defence with stints all around the ground and then in the middle to end up right at the pointy end of the draft.

Callum Mills was similar. Hayden Young another

He is such a good defender and decision maker.

I would like to see his short kicking action a bit more though, tends to go long more often than not.

12 disposals, 7 tackles and 5 clearances to half time.

Certainly getting the better of Ashcroft, Jagga and Smillie so far.

Camporeale, Hargreavesand Sharp are giving them a bath around the stoppages. Most of VM’s goals are coming from transition off half back.

Draper has had some really good highlights too despite not getting stacks of the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So has this Chris Tarrant lookalike (Armstrong) come from nowhere? Is he too undersized to be a kpf? Looks a talent; moves well, agile, got a leap, can take a mark, nice handballer & is a booming kick! Or is he playing on the weakest kpd?

So has this Chris Tarrant lookalike (Armstrong) come from nowhere? Is he too undersized to be a kpf? Looks a talent; moves well, agile & a booming kick!

Been playing consistent school footy and games for the Sandy Dragons. I mentioned in this thread earlier that he’ll be one to watch if he gets a chance at championship level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back