Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Smillie is the one to watch next year. I’m pretty certain he’ll go number 1.

194cm inside mid with elite vision, nice hands and a booming and just bullies the opposition.

Isaac Kako, definitely a need being a zippy and talented small forward. Plays with real flair and can kick goals from anywhere.

Moraes would have to be one of the more classy players I’ve seen come through in recent years. Rarely gets caught with the footy and has a beautiful kick.
So Smiliie a generational type of player?

Josh Smillie is the one to watch next year. I’m pretty certain he’ll go number 1.

194cm inside mid with elite vision, nice hands and a booming and just bullies the opposition.

Isaac Kako, definitely a need being a zippy and talented small forward. Plays with real flair and can kick goals from anywhere.

Moraes would have to be one of the more classy players I’ve seen come through in recent years. Rarely gets caught with the footy and has a beautiful kick.
How bullish are you on next years draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bullish are you on next years draft?

Top tier already looks very solid, but looks to be midfield dominant. Few different types of mids available too. Unsure of depth at this early stage because I don’t watch any of the under 16’s.

How high do we rate River Stevens? Are we likely to draft him next year??

He played half a dozen games for the Geelong TAC side and kicked a couple bags of 3. Had a few really quiet games where he has sub 5 possessions, but that isn’t too concerning considering he is so young. At this stage I wouldn’t think he is looking like a top 20 pick, but there is plenty of talent to work with.

Im all aboard the Jagga train, i think we will be around his draft rank in the 3-5 bracket too. At this early stage if we are picking O'sullivan or Smillie we have finished bottom 2 again, i dont want that.

Im all aboard the Jagga train, i think we will be around his draft rank in the 3-5 bracket too. At this early stage if we are picking O'sullivan or Smillie we have finished bottom 2 again, i dont want that.
I have no problem finishing bottom 2 for 1 more year if it is on the back of a 6 win season as a minimum and 20% improvement in percentage.

Anyone thinking we can push the 8 next year is delusional.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

I have no problem finishing bottom 2 for 1 more year if it is on the back of a 6 win season as a minimum and 20% improvement in percentage.

Personally I’d be very disappointed should we finish 17th or 18th.
I feel we’ve 8/9 winnable games.

The last 3 seasons I’ve gotten our wins per season about right.

So for me it’s six plus or we’ve gone backwards.

I would be shattered if we finished bottom 2 next season. There are kids who have never seen us out of the bottom 4 for their entire lives, that's epic levels of shite which we need to get away from asap!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back