Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone needs a reminder of Finn's talent.
If Finn is available at our pick and we don't pick him I'll spew up.

Has X Factor on top of all his other qualities.

The complete footballer.

Just imagine for a moment we could add McKerchers speed and clean ball use into LDUs abilities.

I PRESENT TO YOU FOS.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

If Finn is available at our pick and we don't pick him I'll spew up.

Has X Factor on top of all his other qualities.

The complete footballer.

Just imagine for a moment we could add McKerchers speed and clean ball use into LDUs abilities.

I PRESENT TO YOU FOS.

He's nowhere near as quick as LDU or McKercher.

He has a ton of other weapons, but he's not that.

If I was going to compare him to a mixture of two players on our list it would be Duursma and Wardlaw. Duurmsa from an athletic style and he's got a bit of that dog in him that Wardlaw does (not to that extent)

Compared to the 2024 U18 vids that have been put up this year, this is pretty compelling viewing.

LDU’s sidestep, 80% of George’s man/ball hunt and Sheeze’s smarts and vision. All wrapped up in a smallish but aerobic/athletically gifted vessel.

SOLD!
Yep ….lm on..
Those tackles….bang ….nice
And the run and Hunt….he’s already got that engine
I was thinking geez imagine him with a built up body and working with LDU, George, Sheez….
Ticks many boxes
Carn the Kid from Koroit 🤍💙👏

Not quite as polished as previous Champs performances for Bo Allan, but he cracked in as hard as ever and the heavy ground probably suited his game. He doesn't always win the footy at stoppage but his physicality is influential, applying defensive pressure or clearing space for his teammates to operate. When he gets the opportunity to put the peddle down in space few can stay with him, making him an exciting prospect at his size.

I'd wait for post season testing before determining that.

FOS isn't the only midfielder in this draft that can run.

FOS has a Sheezel like tank, it's really in the top 1%. So it really depends on what level you determine is "can run"

On that general criteria you would have overlooked Wardlaw for Tsatas and Cam MacKenzie

FWIW Smillie has a larger tank than both Tsatas and Cam MacKenzie and is well above average. It would be considered elite for an inside type of his size.

I thought tsatas had a below average tank?

And from memory you had Kerch around 950? Sheezel around 1,100 and FOS around 1,000?

Edited my post mate.

FOS can certainly run, as in the best runner in the draft.

So it really depends what level of criteria you are trying to apply.

If you are looking for footballers with 1000+ or 950+ Yo-Yo's, you will have a very limited talent pool.

Could FOS play on a wing or flank, and rotate through the middle on occasion, for a couple of years?

If so, everything is really coming up FOS

Could FOS play on a wing or flank, and rotate through the middle on occasion, for a couple of years?

If so, everything is really coming up FOS

Yes, he can do all that.

Half Forward, Wing, Half Back Middle.

I've compared him to Josh Kelly previously.

He's very strong overhead, so suits a flanker role when there.

Yes, he can do all that.

That's good because positional versatility should be a factor.

Our pick might end up being a full time mid in 2-3 years, but we want guys who can rotate around.

C: McKercher - Sheezel - FOS
Foll: Xerri - LDU - Wardlaw

That looks nice to me, if he can play that role for a while. Push him and McKercher in the middle for Sheez goes forward or players rest.

Our pick might end up being a full time mid in 2-3 years, but we want guys who can rotate around.

That looks nice to me, if he can play that role for a while. Push him and McKercher in the middle for Sheez goes forward or players rest.

I think we will need pick 1 for FOS.

So it’s not really something to fret over for a few months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compared to the 2024 U18 vids that have been put up this year, this is pretty compelling viewing.

LDU’s sidestep, 80% of George’s man/ball hunt and Sheeze’s smarts and vision. All wrapped up in a smallish but aerobic/athletically gifted vessel.

SOLD!

There is also Harry's sticky mitt. The one-handed marks are straight out of the Sheezel play book.

Yes, he can do all that.

FOS and McKercher on a wing each for the next decades would get ya drooling.
With mids, LDU, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Simpkin, Powell, Phillips.

Not Sid's highest possession game, but he was as explosive and exciting as we've seen him since his return from injury. There were a few passages of play here that not many in this draft class would be capable of, showcasing his balance, acceleration, agility and change of direction. His application to the defensive side of the game was much improved as well this week, with pressure acts and interceptions a feature.

Mid field complete! A little more run and class from the flanks and we'll out Swan the Swans.

Not Sid's highest possession game, but he was as explosive and exciting as we've seen him since his return from injury. There were a few passages of play here that not many in this draft class would be capable of, showcasing his balance, acceleration, agility and change of direction. His application to the defensive side of the game was much improved as well this week, with pressure acts and interceptions a feature.

This is pretty impressive.

He had a 680 Yo-Yo, which is above the CTL 550-600 average.

Wardlaw and H.Reid were 600 and 520 respectively.

Smillie ran a 720 Yo-Yo in preseason.

Sanders 840
Mckercher 960
Sheezel 1040
FOS - 1000
That's the thing about a big tank that's often overlooked, correlates with high possession numbers just being able to continually work hard to get to contest after contest. It's no coincidence Sheez just keeps racking up big numbers, and seeing that now suggests FOS the standout. Compare that to a guy like Rayner, just never had that tank, physically he's a big boy but was never going to be the high possession dominant mid at AFL level.

Sid is coming back from injury and is still somewhat underdone.

Is explosive and clean.

This guy will be in the top 2-4 picks without a doubt.

Will definitely go before Jaeger unless he gives off sooky la la vibes in pre draft interviews about having ice baths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back