Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t see Richmond taking FOS at #1 in their first big draft of the rebuild.

The risk will be conceived massive for them. Not so much us…

He’d have to bust out 2-3 absolutely monster games in the final month of the CTL for Richmond to take him 1 imo.

I’ve said all year that I think his injury is going to benefit us the most of all clubs if we want him.

He’d have to bust out 2-3 absolutely monster games in the final month of the CTL for Richmond to take him 1 imo.

I’ve said all year that I think his injury is going to benefit us the most of all clubs if we want him.
They might just look at wardlaw and say it’s worth the risk.
Proven underage star that had a couple of unlucky injuries

Who do you think they would be more likely to take at #1 out of Jagga/Smillie/Draper?

Wardlaw was the second of 2 top 4 picks in that draft.

On the back of 5 years of drafts dating back to LDU.

Wardlaw was an example of North being the club able to take the risk.

The only difference was that Wardlaw did play his draft year quite strong despite his hammy issues whilst FOS has shown glimpses which is a shame for him...which is a bigger risk? Wardlaw is still the bigger risk.

I agree that we've probably got more appetite for risk compared to other rebuilding teams because we have a strong 19-20 year old foundation (Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, Duursma, Archer, Dawson and others).

But I wouldn't rule out Richmond being brave enough to back their assessment.

Prolific output in this game from Moraes who managed to bag 5 goals along with his usual high possession count playing predominantly on ball with occasional stints forward. His forward craft has matured over the course of the season, he showed his capability as a lead/mark target and was especially dangerous at forward 50 stoppages getting on the move, collecting the ball off the tap and rapidly getting boot to ball to snap at goal. I'd still like to see him improve his consistency with his field kicking, but if he can continue to deliver like this he might find his draft stocks rising again after they slid a little in recent weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prolific output in this game from Moraes who managed to bag 5 goals along with his usual high possession count playing predominantly on ball with occasional stints forward. His forward craft has matured over the course of the season, he showed his capability as a lead/mark target and was especially dangerous at forward 50 stoppages getting on the move, collecting the ball off the tap and rapidly getting boot to ball to snap at goal. I'd still like to see him improve his consistency with his field kicking, but if he can continue to deliver like this he might find his draft stocks rising again after they slid a little in recent weeks.

He is a very very well rounded football. Obviously has very very high footy IQ with his ability to stay involved all around the ground. Plenty of flexibility too being able to play inside/outside on a wing, across half back or as a deep forward. For me though, he has drifted in the rankings purely because of his disposal and decision making, it's just so inconsistent. Won't surprise me though if he goes on to be a 200 game solid level player though.

He is a very very well rounded football. Obviously has very very high footy IQ with his ability to stay involved all around the ground. Plenty of flexibility too being able to play inside/outside on a wing, across half back or as a deep forward. For me though, he has drifted in the rankings purely because of his disposal and decision making, it's just so inconsistent. Won't surprise me though if he goes on to be a 200 game solid level player though.
Yeah, I wrote up that little profile blurb I use in the video description before the season with the concerns about kicking and decision making. It hasn't changed much unfortunately.

Just reminds me of a movie l've seen before - Ryan Bastinac

A fascinating watch as we saw some of the best and worst of Xavier in the one performance. Like all the Power team he struggled enormously with the intense Rebels pressure throughout the game but especially in the first half, a half in which the Power fell well behind on the scoreboard and I've never seen Lindsay miss so many targets. In the second half he tried to lift both himself and his team, and in doing so he made even more mistakes including giving away free kicks, but in spite of that his relentless attack on the contest inspired his teammates and they mounted a strong comeback that ultimately fell short.

Someone on the richmond board said Barlow rates FOS number 1

Just out of interest in the pecking order at North but does this have any more weight behind it as say Patch Adams rates Draper number one in the draft? I just figured Barlow works with whatever our recruiters give him to work with.

Just out of interest in the pecking order at North but does this have any more weight behind it as say Patch Adams rates Draper number one in the draft? I just figured Barlow works with whatever our recruiters give him to work with.

I reckon There would be significant cross over with those in development (Barlow) and those in recruitment. I'd imagine that Barlow may even be involved in draftee interviews and so forth, I know that's the case at other clubs.

Who is the most Sheezel-esque from this draft?

I mean all class and has their head right where it needs to be to drive to become an elite athlete.
Some have mentioned this already but it’s Murphy reid

Issue is he’s a smaller mid at 180cm

in saying that FOS ain’t much taller either at 182cm

There should be a great Key forward prospect available with our 2nd pick. If we go mid with pick 2 then KPF with our next pick. This could be one of the best drafts for talls in a long time.

Any of these please.
Armstrong
Shanahan
Whitlock x 2
Faull
Sims

Did you forget Gerreyn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back