Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams that could package up two 2nds for the Lions first rounder who need points for Ashcroft and Marshall would likely be the Saints (Battle compo 21? & 25(24)), Tigers (22(21),30(29)) or Swans (18, 19).
Saints might be better off keeping those picks in the end. I've got a feeling picks might be flying around a bit.

Don't mean to speak on behalf of the other lads, but I think they are both pretty set on FOS.

Personally I'm leaning a bit more towards Draper.

All things considered it'd be a safe bet that pick 2 would be out of: Jagga Smith, Finn O'Sullivan, Sid Draper, Josh Smillie or Harvey Langford.

Trainor & Lalor would probably be in consideration too.
Thats great. I'll lock in on that first group, and no doubt get invested in someone we dont pick.

If we are to keep our second round pick, and assume we will target a KPP, who looks most likely?

Thats great. I'll lock in on that first group, and no doubt get invested in someone we dont pick.

If we are to keep our second round pick, and assume we will target a KPP, who looks most likely?

If available I'd have them in this order:

Jack Whitlock
Kayle Gerreyn
Matt Whitlock
Jobe Shanahan
Jonty Faull
Harry O'Farrell
Tom Sims
Noah Mraz

I am surprised you say that I think he's kicking is very good. Not sure what our draft experts think. Maybe I'm wrong.

Oh im not saying he’s not capable of very good kicks. He has nice penetration and they make it to the target quickly. It’s just many think he’s the best kick in the draft, which he is far from IMO.

As I said, there are a few aspects of his game that get talked up by those that want to draft him. The reality is not quite there.

Overall id still be happy with him at 2.

Very happy

Oh im not saying he’s not capable of very good kicks. He has nice penetration and they make it to the target quickly. It’s just many think he’s the best kick in the draft, which he is far from IMO.

As I said, there are a few aspects of his game that get talked up by those that want to draft him. The reality is not quite there.

Overall id still be happy with him at 2.

Very happy
Long kicking U18 player, top 10 pick who then spends an entire AFL career biting off high risk kicks like he's Luke Hodge..

Where have I seen this show before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s no LMac
There is a Junior LMac on the way and I'm told from a reliable source that when Mrs LMac said to LMac "Do you want to feel the baby kicking, put your hand on my tummy here" that Junior LMac's kick missed dad's hand by a good distance.

Last edited:
I look forward to adding one of Smith, FOS or Draper to our list. I believe they sit a fraction higher than the next group of Smillie, Lalor and Langford.
I only hope that one of the top tier forwards like Gerryn, Shanaghan or J.Whitlock fall to our second pick (this is putting Armstrong in a tier of his own about 5-10). At a stretch we should recruit from the next tier of key forwards including M.Whitlock, Faull, Sims. I would hope we improve enough to be out of the race for the young key forward from next years draft.
It would be a nice conundrum to have to choose between Bice, O'Farrell or Mraz with our 3rd pick.

There is a Junior LMac on the way and I'm told from a reliable source that when Mrs LMac said LMac "Do you want to feel the baby kicking, put your hand on my tummy here" that Junior LMac's kick missed dad's hand by a good distance.
Would have to been IVF, he never hits a target, just sprays hail marys

I look forward to adding one of Smith, FOS or Draper to our list. I believe they sit a fraction higher than the next group of Smillie, Lalor and Langford.
I only hope that one of the top tier forwards like Gerryn, Shanaghan or J.Whitlock fall to our second pick (this is putting Armstrong in a tier of his own about 5-10). At a stretch we should recruit from the next tier of key forwards including M.Whitlock, Faull, Sims. I would hope we improve enough to be out of the race for the young key forward from next years draft.
It would be a nice conundrum to have to choose between Bice, O'Farrell or Mraz with our 3rd pick.
None of those talls will be there at our second pick. If the boys on here suggest we take a mid, we miss out on one of these good talls.

None of those talls will be there at our second pick. If the boys on here suggest we take a mid, we miss out on one of these good talls.
So you believe all 4 of those top quality forwards will go first round?
That certainly presents a strong case for splitting the pick as a key forward is our highest list priority.

Preference 1: Finn O'Sullivan
Preference 2: Sid Draper
Preference 3: Jagga Smith

These 3 are ahead of the others in this draft crop.
Absolutely.

These 3 midfielders are the most likely to star at AFL level.

Langford's lack of speed and Smiles lack of urgency and brutality for a 6f 4 mid worries me.

But if we pick Smile I wouldn't be upset as he has the biggest upside of all the mids.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back