Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s funny you say that yet the likes of pat walker, Will walker, Declan Watson, jack Mahony, dan nielson

And Trade targets polec, gaff, Pittard

All never mentioned by me to target
If you’re picking out the guys you DIDNT pick in the drafts since Declan Watson’s year.. then case closed..

I’ll give you my last years draft for starters then

With our five first rounders I would’ve gone Colby, watto, Logan Morris, schoenmaker and Philactides
Yeah some very good picks there Watto looks great and what we needed but i am still happy with Zane at the moment Philactides not sure about him is he on a list Logan Morris Looks promising as well and Schoenmaker had a few good games but still happy with who we took.

Slow and unfit for me please.

Ideally someone that is going to take 5 years to get to their maximum athletic potential, as long as that maximum is below afl average.

And the Xerri on top would be if they lack intensity and play laconically.

That would be perfect. I know it’s asking for a lot.

Don’t tempt our recruiters mate! You know they love a one paced plodder!

Lol no that’s Langford

Smillie will impact early either in the middle or hbf

If you put Langford and Smillie head to head in a stoppage situation, Langford is beating him 8 times out of 10.

I wouldn’t expect either of them to be impacting much next year, they are both a long way from having AFL level running capacity.

Langford very disappointing today considering the raps placed on him. Can't see him being an effective midfielder at AFL level. Racking up useless disposals.

Not worth a mention in top 10 discussions.

Slower than a Roman Sun Dial.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Any other thoughts on the game? Standouts ect? I haven’t watched it yet, but a mate said that Langford’s disposal was a bit wasteful. He still must’ve had an impact though as he had the most disposals on the ground.

I’ve been a big wrap on Langford for most of this year, but with his lack of speed, I don’t think he’d be in our shortlist. He reminds me a lot of Jack Ziebell, but with more finesse in his disposal.

I'd like to draft a small forward who brings a bit of attitude. The type of player that I'd hate on another team. Do any of the available ones in this draft stand out in that regard?

Champion & Kako both play with a bit of flair and confidence in their game but they don’t quite have that confident swagger of Greene or Papley. Shame they are both NGA.

Evan Bradley plays with a bit of confidence but is likely to only be a rookie pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wizard wouldn’t have gone anywhere near his levels last night in our forward line this year - let’s just let the Duursma operation come to fulfilment over the next 3-4 years then we can comment on the Wizard v Duursma selection. Every club in the AFL would have selected Duursma over Wizard last year if they had the option.

Wizard wouldn’t have gone anywhere near his levels last night in our forward line this year - let’s just let the Duursma operation come to fulfilment over the next 3-4 years then we can comment on the Wizard v Duursma selection. Every club in the AFL would have selected Duursma over Wizard last year if they had the option.
Regardless even Duursma thought he was going to the hawks, they would have drafted him had he been at there pick. Wizard would have been Mahony 2.0 in our forward line this year

Most of our draftees this decade have some speed.

Surely you jest….

Mahony, Perez, Powell, Phillips, Lazzaro, Ford, Walker, Ham, George, Harvey, Drury. Not exactly a list of players with outstanding or even noticeable speed….

and that’s only going back 3 years!

I'm very optimistic about Duursma, but I do think that Watson is the type who would still get involved on a bad team.

A bad team is a bad situation for a young Duursma.

However, I think that Duursma on the Hawks would be killing it. And he will look great once we get up and going.

Surely you jest….

Mahony, Perez, Powell, Phillips, Lazzaro, Ford, Walker, Ham, George, Harvey, Drury. Not exactly a list of players with outstanding or even noticeable speed….

and that’s only going back 3 years!
Is George slow? Every time that I've watched him he looks pretty quick. Maybe not over 100m but his first few steps.

100%

Watto would have got 10 touches and kicked 2.1 And that's for North in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back