Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone still think Berry is a better small forward prospect than Hannaford?
Everyone is blowing their collective loads over Hannaford, but I suspect Berry will be the better forward overall.

He simply does everything to a very high level. Great kick, works up and down the ground, good overhead, footy iq is above average and puts the heat on the ball carrier.

Go and watch the champs game again.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would be going to GC and offering this pick swap.

View attachment 2120926

They can use pick 2 to get ahead of the Lombard bid and send it to Richmond for Rioli & change, or they can use the pick from Lukosius to do a deal for Rioli and use pick 2 to grab another gun player - they have options.

6 - Armstrong or Shanahan
12 - Berry or a slider like Smillie perhaps?
20 - another gun KPP.
58 - Parker
64 - Darling
F3 - Garcia

With 3 x rookies to come.
Picking at least one key forward and possibly two crumbers is something I am warming to.

If we could get a key and two of Berry, Hotton or Hannaford, that would be huge.

We have to improve our defensive work inside our forward 50.

Murphy had a hot start in the opening quarter of the grand final, active with his chase and pressure acts and having a hand in a number of productive Dragons moves. He was slowed in the second when Ollie Hannaford matched up on him through the middle and out competed him at ground level. Unfortunately for Murphy he was caught in a heavy chase down tackle early in the third quarter which forced him from the field with what looked to be a knee injury, and he took no further part in the game. At the time of writing this, we don't have any official word on how severe the injury is.

Does anyone still think Berry is a better small forward prospect than Hannaford?
Kako and Berry are still the premier small forward options imo.

I think everyone (including me) is really liking what Hannaford is bringing to the table with his elite defensive pressure and repeat efforts. Bit of a connection there too, because he is a realistic option in the 2nd round of the draft whereas Berry is unlikely to be there.

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Happy with either of them or both. I think Berry might be a little better in terms of his score involvements and skills but Hannaford brings a lot of defensive intensity and repeat efforts.

I would be going to GC and offering this pick swap.

View attachment 2120926

They can use pick 2 to get ahead of the Lombard bid and send it to Richmond for Rioli & change, or they can use the pick from Lukosius to do a deal for Rioli and use pick 2 to grab another gun player - they have options.

6 - Armstrong or Shanahan
12 - Berry or a slider like Smillie perhaps?
20 - another gun KPP.
58 - Parker
64 - Darling
F3 - Garcia

With 3 x rookies to come.
I think we'd want a bit more than a pick 61 points difference. Add in their 26 or take out our pick 40 perhaps?
If we don't trade out our F1, I'd be trying to get GC pick 20/26 with our F2, but it might go on Noble trade I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to be trialling more potential cat b rookies

Still haven’t used any of the 3 spots

View attachment 2121652
Here you go mate. Unless anyone disagrees, you're anointed North's Irish envoy.

Write to whichever players you think show a bit of promise and sell them the dream.

Weird story for his camp to leak. Is this a bit of a "I'm not that keen to get to the Crows but secretly I do?"
Crows don't want it out there that they're desperate to get him?
And he prefers a move to a big Vic club eh? Well you might get your wish Sid if you slide to pick 8 Bombres lol.
Not sure Dees really count as a big Vic club.

Weird story for his camp to leak. Is this a bit of a "I'm not that keen to get to the Crows but secretly I do?"
And he prefers a move to a big Vic club eh? Well you might get your wish Sid if you slide to pick 8 Bombres lol.
We are a big Vic club, just not as big as others. Simples.

If we’ve got 2 still he won’t get past us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back