List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

So why are we putting our future first on the market? We'll need it next year and it will be worth more then. Whereas pick 2 is worth heaps this year, and as another mid isn't our main priority, we should be happy to trade / split it.
N̈ope,

You cannot have two many top tier mids , not of all the same type, I don't know who the 190cm+ big mid is this year and next you take them to complement out current midfield

A top tier midfield batting 6-8 deep is more important than trading out for a Housten type this year.

Strengthen the midfield, a Goater , Hardeman, Bergman type is more than adequate to cover HBF.

You take best available with your first pick.

This year and next it's a top tier mid.

When we are 8-12 on tge ladder you chase a Housten type

Not this year

Holding Mel Gibson GIF

Port won't let Houston go for pick 12. They'd want 6 or 12 & 22/F2. Not a fan of trading for Houston but I could stomach 12 and a F2, but we'll overpay and give up 6. That's why I don't want us anywhere near trading with Port.
12 and a F2 for Houston !

I'd be wanting a Cripps or Oliver for that.

Houstan🤢🤮

Houstan🤢🤮
Oliver? He's cooked. He'd be a 2nd rounder based on his current output.
And Cripps would be a top 2 pick and then some.

Houston is an AA half back. I'm no fan of trading pick 2/3 for him but no team is going to get him for anything less than something valuing a top 10 pick. He's under contract so Port can just hold onto him if he's happy to stay.

There will be. From someone. There's always someone. This is Bigfooty.

Anyway, worst 5 year stretches ever, excluding early Saints.

'27-31 North: 11.11% win rate
'63-67 Fitzroy: 11.11% win rate
'20-24 North: 13.88% win rate
Post-travel restriction North (R3 2020-2024): 12.26% win rate

Constant doom and gloom is pretty understandable here I think. Especially in an equalisation era where the system has only really cheated us out of JUH Thilthorpe, and otherwise serviced us reasonably. Breaks are our friend, but this website is also difficult to quit. So you get a few ranting and raving who should by rights be taking a break to calm down. Applies to me at times too. It's no fun getting misery out of something that's supposed to bring joy. Could use the ghosts of a few early North fans to lean on right now to be honest. Even after breaking out of that funk, they didn't see finals for another 14 years
Imagine supporting North as a young child and seeing them play in 4 grand final finals in a row from 75-77 and then waiting until 96

20 years

It will turn and is turning

We are in that 90-93 window, the 120 pt 93 pre season smashing period .

When it turns and it will turn

It will turn quickly

We will go from bottom 3 to top 4 in an 18 month window.

Next year will be tough again I suspect but wewill go from winning 2 qtrs braking even getting smashed in 1 this year to...

Anyway another reasonably tough year but seeing it in 2025

It's going to be a ****ing ride from 2026-2030

Houstan🤢🤮

But you wouldn’t get it done.

It’s not what you want, it’s what it costs.

Not sure if you’ve been watching North play football the last 5 years but we have been record breaking bad. We need to make deals at this stage that can actually happen.

We will play overs until we are a destination club

Oliver? He's cooked. He'd be a 2nd rounder based on his current output.
And Cripps would be a top 2 pick and then some.

Houston is an AA half back. I'm no fan of trading pick 2/3 for him but no team is going to get him for anything less than something valuing a top 10 pick. He's under contract so Port can just hold onto him if he's happy to stay.
He is not happy to stay.

All talk and faff

He is out. PERIOD

He stays 12 months and he is a second round pick 20-30 only

Yes Oliver is a second round .

That's what Housten is though.

You don't include pick 2 for a run of the mill HBF like Housten.

N̈ope,

You cannot have two many top tier mids , not of all the same type, I don't know who the 190cm+ big mid is this year and next you take them to complement out current midfield

A top tier midfield batting 6-8 deep is more important than trading out for a Housten type this year.

Strengthen the midfield, a Goater , Hardeman, Bergman type is more than adequate to cover HBF.

You take best available with your first pick.

This year and next it's a top tier mid.

When we are 8-12 on tge ladder you chase a Housten type

Not this year

Holding Mel Gibson GIF
We have a top tier midfield, in terms of talent and potential.

LDU
Wardlaw
Sheezel
McKercher
Duursma
Powell
Phillips

And if you're that desperate for another then you use the F1 on Houston and draft a mid with pick 2 (or split it back to pick 6ish and draft a mid + someone else).

We'd also expect to sign/trade for another mid as we rise up the ladder and become more of a destination.

Drafting 8 mids with top 5 picks is overkill.

We've got a historical amount of high draft pick talent on our list already and people here are talking like we still need two more years worth.

What we actually need is leadership and good players who know how to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Break the narrative.
Break the narrative that we can't land players.
Break the narrative that were stuck on the bottom and can't land players.
Break the narrative that the mass exodus is coming.
Break the narrative that we're no good.

Spend the picks, flash the cash, make it happen clarko!
If he doesn't change things in the next 1-2 years, I'm not sure he gets recontracted..

I get the feeling that Houston’s value is getting slightly overrated because of the talk that GC are offering Pick 6 for Rioli. Pick 6 is way over the top for a player that has never been All Australian or never won a BnF. I honestly think Rioli is worth a pick closer to 15-20. Houston around that 8-14 mark.

But you wouldn’t get it done.

It’s not what you want, it’s what it costs.

Not sure if you’ve been watching North play football the last 5 years but we have been record breaking bad. We need to make deals at this stage that can actually happen.

We will play overs until we are a destination club
We don't have to get it done that's the point

Apart from covid with Phillips, and I still believe he has a role as 15-20 player on the list
DONT TRADE OUT PICK 2

Watched 15 years of our first pick being 8 9 10 12 16

Achieved nothing

Keep pick 2 and what will be most likely pick 2-5 even with 4-8 wins next year

Dont piss it away on a HBF

Break the narrative.
Break the narrative that we can't land players.
Break the narrative that were stuck on the bottom and can't land players.
Break the narrative that the mass exodus is coming.
Break the narrative that we're no good.

Spend the picks, flash the cash, make it happen clarko!
If he doesn't change things in the next 1-2 years, I'm not sure he gets recontracted..

Get Houston and it definitely changes the narrative

We don't have to get it done that's the point

Apart from covid with Phillips, and I still believe he has a role as 15-20 player on the list
DONT TRADE OUT PICK 2

Watched 15 years of our first pick being 8 9 10 12 16

Achieved nothing

Keep pick 2 and what will be most likely pick 2-5 even with 4-8 wins next year

Dont piss it away on a HBF
I think that you're underrating our elite talent.

We didn't have a Sheezel when we were stuck in the middle of the pack. We didn't have LDU.

If we put a competent, 8th-12th type of side around some of these young stars then they will make it a top 4 side.

It's been 5 or 6 years where the only positive thing about the club is the next top 3 pick.
I get it. We have not had much to look forward too and folks get attached to the next uber pick.
But what bugs me is folks knocking back good players because they assume next years f1 will be another pick 2.
Maybe if we recruit some good ready to go players we actually improve? I know that's what I want more than 2025 pick 2.
We are very close to big improvement.
Ldu has reached his prime years all our other picks following him are just behind.
Sell our f1 then make the 8 please.
We are ready

I get the feeling that Houston’s value is getting slightly overrated because of the talk that GC are offering Pick 6 for Rioli. Pick 6 is way over the top for a player that has never been All Australian or never won a BnF. I honestly think Rioli is worth a pick closer to 15-20. Houston around that 8-14 mark.
Pick 6 for Rioli is insane

Even 8-14 for Houston is frogshit

If we can't, ie the recruiting department can't select a 200-300 game player at pick 2 then seriously ....

People are talking about trading out a Wardlaw or Sheezel type plus a Tom Powell for Housten.
No Way Seriously GIF by Bounce

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back