19. Josh Smillie

20. Luke Trainor
21. Jobe Shanahan
22. Xavier Lindsay

23. Alex Dodson
24. Christian Moraes
25. Kayle Gerreyn

Each break is a new tier
Tough draft to get right. So even with no real standout “geberational” talent other than that FS pick.

If we draft another Midfielder with pick 2 i’ll ****ing spew up. Time to draft lacking depth in our young brigade.

Sheezel, Wardlaw, Mckercher is good enough.

No more of this shit.
But FOS is so much more than just another midfielder, he is Heeney… game changing ability. Competitiveness off the charts, tough… a team lifter.

Can be a fwd, a back, a wingman, or an inside ball winner. Wherever we need a winner, we have one.

But FOS is so much more than just another midfielder, he is Heeney… game changing ability. Competitiveness off the charts, tough… a team lifter.

Can be a fwd, a back, a wingman, or an inside ball winner. Wherever we need a winner, we have one.
Yeah, we saw that in his senior year, averaging 16 possessions a game...

His body of work this season is shit compared to all of the 1st round mids and is projecting to be another WilPhil - drafted off his junior year.

If he had soft tissue injuries hampering during the season, then fair enough, but as it stands - if fit, his senior year was putrid, and picking him at 2 is irresponsible.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, we saw that in his senior year, averaging 16 possessions a game...

His body of work this season is shit compared to all of the 1st round mids and is projecting to be another WilPhil - drafted off his junior year.

If he had soft tissue injuries hampering during the season, then fair enough, but as it stands - if fit, his senior year was putrid, and picking him at 2 is irresponsible.

He is that far ahead of Will Phillips in every single aspect than is imaginable. Phillips is a small, sluggish inside mid, and that’s all.
Athletically FOS is elite… he is playing a different game to Phillips.
His senior year was not putrid at all, his 3 school games were really good, especially the skevs game. He played well at VFL level for the tigs, and despite all sorts of interruptions he is still rated so highly by all of the draft experts.

Had he played a full season, he would be the standout no.1 pick… and there would be no talk of this is an even draft.

He is that far ahead of Will Phillips in every single aspect than is imaginable. Phillips is a small, sluggish inside mid, and that’s all.
Athletically FOS is elite… he is playing a different game to Phillips.
His senior year was not putrid at all, his 3 school games were really good, especially the skevs game. He played well at VFL level for the tigs, and despite all sorts of interruptions he is still rated so highly by all of the draft experts.

Had he played a full season, he would be the standout no.1 pick… and there would be no talk of this is an even draft.

Both had great junior campaigns, one had a shit senior year while the other didn't have one due to unforeseen circumstances.

FOS didn't fire a shot in his senior year. Simple as that.

A couple of school games and 15/3 goals in the VFL don't cut the mustard for pick 2.

Both had great junior campaigns, one had a shit senior year while the other didn't have one due to unforeseen circumstances.

FOS didn't fire a shot in his senior year. Simple as that.

A couple of school games and 15/3 goals in the VFL don't cut the mustard for pick 2.

Have you seen them play?
To attempt to align them as footballers is just ridiculous.

Have you seen them play?
To attempt to align them as footballers is just ridiculous.
I'm not attempting to align them as footballers at all. What I'm saying is they both had similar senior campaigns - shithouse and non-existent

If FOS cant rack up 30 and 1 or 2 goals ahainst his contemporaries, how the **** is he expected to against the best?

I'm not attempting to align them as footballers at all. What I'm saying is they both had similar senior campaigns - shithouse and non-existent

If FOS cant rack up 30 and 1 or 2 goals ahainst his contemporaries, how the **** is he expected to against the best?

Calm the farm.he won't be there at pick 2...Get over it....🦘🦘🦘🦘

Money where my mouth is:

1. Finn O'Sullivan
2. Jagga Smith
3. Levi Ashcroft
4. Sid Draper

5. Taj Hotton
6. Sam Lalor
7. Alix Tauru
8. Bo Allen
9. Isaac Kako
10. Joe Berry
11. Oliver Hannaford
12. Murphy Reid
13. Leo Lombard

14. Jack Whitlock
15. Jonty Faull
16. Tobie Travaglia

17. Harvey Langford
18. Harry Armstrong
19. Josh Smillie

20. Luke Trainor
21. Jobe Shanahan
22. Xavier Lindsay

23. Alex Dodson
24. Christian Moraes
25. Kayle Gerreyn

Each break is a new tier
If you had the option, would you hold pick 2 or split for 6 & 13 for eg? Is the gap between that top tier and second tier significant?

Myself, my preference is to keep pick 2 and pick the best talent, even if it's another midfielder. If we could get next year's first into this draft, would love Tauru also. And hope a key or small forward slips to the second round pick.

I'd much prefer if we went for genuine talls instead of overpaying for the 191cm Tauru. Don't get me wrong, I see the appeal, but he isn't really a good fit in the forward line or defence imo. Consider we have Durrsma and Zurhaar playing that 3rd forward type role already and I hate the idea of having an undersize player playing at CHF. In the back half, his one-on-one defending is good, he isn't the best field kick, so he isn't the type of 3rd tall interceptor you want getting heaps of the footy.

Genuine talls only please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane getting a couple bargains here.

Under 18 Championship stats across 2023 & 2024 for the 'top 30' prospects.

The player who would most improve us from my perspective is Harvey Langford. His dual ability as a midfielder and forward directly addresses NM's key deficiencies in I50, clearances, & forward pressure. Additionally, his strong clearance and ball winning attributes would provide much-needed support in midfield contests.

Langford’s versatility and ability to influence multiple areas of weakness for us make him the standout choice (With what is actually available).

View attachment 2134255
@chipscab1 let him know how you feel about this

I'd much prefer if we went for genuine talls instead of overpaying for the 191cm Tauru. Don't get me wrong, I see the appeal, but he isn't really a good fit in the forward line or defence imo. Consider we have Durrsma and Zurhaar playing that 3rd forward type role already and I hate the idea of having an undersize player playing at CHF. In the back half, his one-on-one defending is good, he isn't the best field kick, so he isn't the type of 3rd tall interceptor you want getting heaps of the footy.

Genuine talls only please.

I swear he’s taller than that though. At least Coates League app has him at 194cm? Unsure of accuracy of that. Wish they’d release combine measurements at least for height / wingspan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back