Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can guarantee that there's absolutely no chance we trade pick 2 to Richmond without 6 in return.

No point hypothesising about scenarios where we don't get 6 in return if we deal with them because it won't happen.

Take it to the bank.
yeah brady has said as much also

only way we split 2 is if we still get a pick within a couple of places

there is no real imagination needed here it is 2 for 6 and 10/11 or nothing at all

alright now for pick swaps

2 for 6 and 10 otherwise hold has to be the stance

even if it means just taking pick 2 and 62 plus upgrade a rookie

not keen on using futures to get back in, keep them for next years draft or trade capital

Do you enjoy being a broken record?

yeah brady has said as much also

only way we split 2 is if we still get a pick within a couple of places

there is no real imagination needed here it is 2 for 6 and 10/11 or nothing at all
He and Viney did also say our future picks will also be on the table if the price is right...

It would be an option if Draper wasn't a rolled gold option for them at that position.

No guarantee Sharp is even better than him, as good as he looks.

Im sure their internal target would be getting both of them.
Carlton will take Draper at 3 - could feasibly live trade with the crows then

Carlton will take Draper at 3 - could feasibly live trade with the crows then
Only way Adelaide could probably trade up is if they trade their pick 4 and F1 for our pick 2 and F2. Sending our F2 covers the trade rules as they've traded their F2 to GWS.

1729135887969.png

And next up on the lot (is Lot #2 😎) is a real beauty folks. Located in the heart of Toorak, we are talking prime AFL pedigree. Only built 18 years ago and with a real charm about it. Favorable Northern aspect and would suit someone who loves to renovate from the ground up in Inner city locations.

Will be going for Auction in the next few weeks for the right bidder. Settlement payment options include a contra swap for 2 smaller units in Kew and Bayswater. Contact our Sales team at brady@nmfc.com.au for more details.
Sale Bidding GIF by David

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only way Adelaide could probably trade up is if they trade their pick 4 and F1 for our pick 2 and F2. Sending our F2 covers the trade rules as they've traded their F2 to GWS.

View attachment 2145690
Love the infinite first rounders for the Qld Plastic Franchise.. 3 next year already FFS!!

Would we do pick 2 & F1
for Tigers 6,10 & 18?
They may want to move some picks into next years draft & would no doubt love to get picks 1 & 2 this year.
We come away with 3 top 20 picks in good spots to target high quality needs (Key Position x 2 & Small Forward)
I know most here will say that it not enough for us in return, but this is a very good draft by all reports & only having one decent pick is not ideal…

Would we do pick 2 & F1
for Tigers 6,10 & 18?
They may want to move some picks into next years draft & would no doubt love to get picks 1 & 2 this year.
We come away with 3 top 20 picks in good spots to target high quality needs (Key Position x 2 & Small Forward)
I know most here will say that it not enough for us in return, but this is a very good draft by all reports & only having one decent pick is not ideal…
2 & F2 for 6,11, 20

1729139791163.png

Would we do pick 2 & F1
for Tigers 6,10 & 18?

Nope.

Need another pick there.

I think there will be some jostling between 6 & 10/11 vs 6 & 18 (which is what Richmond will want imo) for 2.

For 2 & F1 in an ideal world Id want 6,10,11 & 23/24 ~ I think anymore is unachievable.

I'd do any deal involving our 2 & F1 that involved 6,10,11 and any of Richmonds remaining Top 24 picks in this draft.

You probably secure Tauru, Armstrong, (Best slider like Smillie/Langford or Trainer/Berry/Travaglia) + then maybe a Whitlock if we are lucky.

Last edited:

This might end up a TIL and I'm unsure as to how Lore's template works there but is it a case that 2 and 62 are highlighted as our picks with trade points value but we can continue drafting as long as we have list spots (so 80, 98, 116 etc)? I know we aren't doing that, I just wondered why those picks are there.

Would we do pick 2 & F1
for Tigers 6,10 & 18?
Thinking similar but push for #24 in addition. Would #24 (first pick in 2nd round) be the first pick on night 2? Always an in demand pick.

This might end up a TIL and I'm unsure as to how Lore's template works there but is it a case that 2 and 62 are highlighted as our picks with trade points value but we can continue drafting as long as we have list spots (so 80, 98, 116 etc)? I know we aren't doing that, I just wondered why those picks are there.
Yeah pretty sure you're right, in case we want to keep drafting pending list spots.

Don’t we have to take three? Although, didn’t port get around that a couple of years back?

Don’t we have to take three? Although, didn’t port get around that a couple of years back?

You can upgrade a rookie as part of this which might have been Port's loophole.

A porthole so to speak.

Nope.

Need another pick there.

I think there will be some jostling between 6 & 10/11 vs 6 & 18 (which is what Richmond will want imo) for 2.

For 2 & F1 in an ideal world Id want 6,10,11 & 23/24 ~ I think anymore is unachievable.

I'd do any deal involving our 2 & F1 that involved 6,10,11 and any of Richmonds remaining Top 24 picks in this draft.

You probably secure Tauru, Armstrong, (Best slider like Smillie/Langford or Trainer/Berry/Travaglia) + then maybe a Whitlock if we are lucky.
I would like that too…
Unfortunately Richmond ain’t doing that deal

I prefer trading F1 for 10/11 (Unlikly target same players i feel) and 20. Makes sense for Tigers to trade into next year and chance of having 2 top 5 picks next year must be appealing. We get players to group together with current group and seem to want to move our F1.
Only F1 as appealing as ours and Tigers is the Eagles and they are unlikely to move off it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back