• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Trading Carroll and Hewett or Kennedy leaves our midfield depth paper thin.
I think Carroll might go west and I'd be happy to trade George while he still holds value.
Time to give Lord, Eli, maybe Moo more midfield minutes. Billy, Moir and Binns should push for gametime in their respective positions.
Don't see the need to play Kennedy and Cerra in defence or forward anymore and Cripps, Walsh and Cinc is plenty of senior mids.(and they are pretty slow)

Trading Carroll and Hewett or Kennedy leaves our midfield depth paper thin.
Elijah, Cowan, Ben Campo, Ollie, Fogarty, Docherty etc should be fine as cover imo. Id rather expose some of them to on ball minutes to find out what we have in there than watch the same slow on ball unit we've seen the last 3 years

Yes I think it would be a negative. Hewett and Kennedy have been very important, especially lately. Just my opinion.
So what do we do about our snail paced midfield dilemma? As long as they're around we're not going to expose others to the role because they are both high quality players.

It's a bit like Hawthorn going backwards to go forwards with tradinf Mitchell and Omeara so they could blood Newcombe, Day etc.

Id much rather see some new legs in that mix to hopefully provide a spark. Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, one of Kennedy/Hewett, Lord, Elijah, Cowan, Ollie etc should be plenty of coverage

Luv ya work walshy but you're in Fantasyland this year :p
Reality is boring anyway

mind blow wow GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what do we do about our snail paced midfield dilemma? As long as they're around we're not going to expose others to the role because they are both high quality players.

It's a bit like Hawthorn going backwards to go forwards with tradinf Mitchell and Omeara so they could blood Newcombe, Day etc.

Id much rather see some new legs in that mix to hopefully provide a spark. Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, one of Kennedy/Hewett, Lord, Elijah, Cowan, Ollie etc should be plenty of coverage
Sorry, you said KPD. I 100% agree wee need leg speed, I would imagine there are ways to inject leg speedo there than trading George/Chugga.

Hewett needs to be kept. He was a standout in our last few games. And it was no surprise we dropped off when we didn’t play him against the Giants and Dogs after making him sub against Richmond.

Pretty damn reliable if you ask me
Hewett is arguably our second best midfielder on form. Crazy talking about trading him.

Trade Hewett or Kennedy? This is the stupidest thing I have in years.
I love them both and I’m a big believer in culture being built by maintaining heart and soul players … but with Lord showing good early signs they are going to be challenged to maintain senior selection.
Suspect the club will try to get value from Carroll as a first step of reviewing the midfield.

But srsly... Something has to be done about our list of snails paced players. I feel like George Costanza living with Frank and Estelle... I just can't take it anymore!

Keep Calm Chill Out GIF
No need to trade either of them, we have plenty of picks to play with to bring in players via the draft or trade.

Come next year, if either player has been pushed out of the side, they will probably move on, of their own accord.

Depth is really important

Do we have plenty of picks to play with though?

I’ll try be realistic.

McDonald as a FA to replace Durdin

Haynes as a FA to replace Marchbank

F1, F2 or F3 to target a need or a Hollands/Acres type, Stone, Garcia have been mentioned.

Take 11 to the draft

Use Owies/Carrol picks to upgrade our 31 to get ahead of a bid for Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back