Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 14 6.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

So we currently have 63, 68, 69 and 72. If we assume they all come in roughly 10 picks each because of academy bids being matched and clubs passing on picks it leaves us with 53, 58, 59 and 62. In total that is 684 points. If you take into account a 20% discount for father son we have ~855 points to work in total with which is valued around ~ pick 22. Is that correct?
I think the discount is a set number of points after a certain piick

Yes. Left footer with some outside play and great use. Can’t see why not.
One paced and another big body. Not saying it's the wrong choice as everyones entitled to like who they like but judging off Austin's messaging so far we're after speed and a bit of xfactor across our list.

Finn O'Sullivan

Great kicking technique
Great hands
Great athletic profile.
Can play in multiple positions

But..
Misses targets more than he should.
Puts teammates under pressure too often.
Gets caught too often.
Hasn't been able to put consistently high numbers up.

He's has the tools, doesn't put it together on game day for me.

Draper, Jagga or Lalor pls.

The most impressive draft highlights I have seen this year, looks a star. Reminds me a lot of draft age Tom Scully.
Jagga's are pretty bloody good, but have to remember he weighs about 16kgs dripping wet and rarely does anything on the defensive side of the ground. I'd love to see how he goes once he adds some weight to his frame

Finn O'Sullivan

Great kicking technique
Great hands
Great athletic profile.
Can play in multiple positions

But..
Misses targets more than he should.
Puts teammates under pressure too often.
Gets caught too often.
Hasn't been able to put consistently high numbers up.

He's has the tools, doesn't put it together on game day for me.

Draper, Jagga or Lalor pls.
Yep, what worries me is he's exactly the type we at Carlton and some recruiters get a hard on for.
The athlete over the performance/results. Sometimes it pays off big mostly not.
That's exactly the order i'd go for also

197 points is 20% of pick 18, and it applies as the set discount for every bid made after then. It is more than the points for 56, so if a bid is made at or after 56, you can match with your last pick.
So all in all we should have enough already for the Campo's with those 4 late picks.

I'd love to know what recruiters and clubs think of Jagga's frame. Would have to be the lightest framed player we've had come through the draft thats considered an out an out gun.

If he put on some muscle he'd be an interesting prospect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, didn’t explain his reasoning. I got the impression that maybe it was a SA/go home factor, but couldn’t understand the reasoning, especially because at a different stage he was saying there’s a reasonable chance that Lalor and FOS would be taken?

Fair enough.

I watched an interview the local tv station did with him late last month and he said while it would be great to play for the team he supports (Crows) he's happy to go anywhere.

I'd love to know what recruiters and clubs think of Jagga's frame. Would have to be the lightest framed player we've had come through the draft thats considered an out an out gun.

If he put on some muscle he'd be an interesting prospect
Handled himself well in the VFL. I haven’t seen a quicker, more agile loose ball mid in a long time. One of our weaknesses is speed and he is lightning when the ball hits the deck. Only concern for us is his lack of penetration and scoreboard impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back