Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 14 6.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richmond fans on this forum are anything to go by, they are thinking they will take Lalor at Pick 1. I think he'd be the best player of the Top 10 so that doesn't surprise me.
Looking on their board the majority of tigers fans want Finn at no.1

Also Cal Twomey made it out today that Finn won’t be there at our pick

I don't see him as being available
I honestly think any of Lalor, Jagga or FOS could be taken at #1. I don’t think it’s clear cut.

It wouldn’t surprise me that they take Lalor to replace Dusty and if that’s the case I could see North passing on Jagga given they have a few similar types and taking FOS.

If this scenario plays out then Jagga could fall to us and I think he would be perfect for our midfield

Is there a risk with Lalor and injuries? We don’t need another talented tease like Jack Martin

I honestly think any of Lalor, Jagga or FOS could be taken at #1. I don’t think it’s clear cut.

It wouldn’t surprise me that they take Lalor to replace Dusty and if that’s the case I could see North passing on Jagga given they have a few similar types and taking FOS.

If this scenario plays out then Jagga could fall to us and I think he would be perfect for our midfield
Is Jagga quick? Do you have any concerns about his size and frame?

You obviously didn’t see Jagga get 31 in the VFL at Williamstown in the wet.
No I watched that game. He's just not as hard as it as Butters is, he's more like Daicos who is borderline impossible to lay a glove on is more what I'm meaning.

Butters goes in for bumps and tries to hurt blokes, Jagga doesn't play that way, he's all about avoiding the physical contact so he can stay involved in the play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do and if Draper and Lalor are both gone by our pick, he's the one I'd select next.

He doesnt have the same speed and power as the first two, but is just too good to pass at that point. His numbers are insane for a wiry kid, he's always involved in the play (high Footy IQ) with repeat efforts etc, he has runs on the board vs men, and will 100 percent make it into a top line AFL player.

You cant make people smarter, but you can make them bigger.

Only knock on him is I reckon he'll need time. Will be pushed off the ball too easy with his frame at the top level.

FOS has a high ceiling, but he's also the most likely of the top 5 players in this draft to be a total bust. He also needs time.

Its that combo of risk + time that just make him a poor fit for us, especially with where the list is at, and the fact we traded out of 2 first rounds to get 3 (if he doesnt make it, it's an absolute disaster for us, and even if he does make it, it wont be for a few years at best).

I would only select FOS if I already had a 'sure thing' in the draft and had some time up my sleeve to develop him properly (i.e. the Tigers could do it).

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Tiges trade for Norths 2 and select Lalor and FOS at 1 and 2. That would be a dream for mine, as it removes the risk we take FOS (and hopefully Draper is our number 3).
Smith looks like a wiry kid, but pretty sure I saw he was listed as 181cm tall! He's bloody 6 foot!

As much as I think Draper's highlights look the best, I actually think that Smith is the better player, and absolute #1 in this draft. My prediction.

Yep.
Smith or Draper 👍

Smith looks like a wiry kid, but pretty sure I saw he was listed as 181cm tall! He's bloody 6 foot!

As much as I think Draper's highlights look the best, I actually think that Smith is the better player, and absolute #1 in this draft. My prediction.
Definitely wouldn’t be unhappy with Smith at our pick but think people would expect him to be playing mid from the get go and I can’t see that happening.

He nominates three and, in order with his Blues' glasses on, choses Draper, Lalor then FOS.

Using my videos as his game footage without any credit, strategically zooming in and placing his video panel over where I put the stats.

If anyone actually knows this guy, tell him that I don't mind if people use my stuff so long as they link my original video in the description and give my channel a brief shoutout.

Using my videos as his game footage without any credit, strategically zooming in and placing his video panel over where I put the stats.

If anyone actually knows this guy, tell him that I don't mind if people use my stuff so long as they link my original video in the description and give my channel a brief shoutout.
As an avid Carlton media follower, I get the feeling that request would fall on deaf ears Noober.

But we do love all ur work noobermensch I'm unfortunately going to have to drown myself in FOS highlights to feel less dread about us likely selecting him in a few weeks over the others... So ur videos will be well serving.
I'm getting a number of requests from blues fans for more of his last seasons games so I'll have to get onto that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back