• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That 2014 draft still living in our heads rent free.
Dillon Viojo-Rainbow was in my friendship circle and he knew how the statistics worked for kicking efficiency and he played every game to maximise kicking efficiency because he knew he wasn’t talented enough to get drafted without standing out in a specific area

So he just went long to a contest and kicked as much as he could

I was beyond disappointed when we drafted him

Dillon Viojo-Rainbow was in my friendship circle and he knew how the statistics worked for kicking efficiency and he played every game to maximise kicking efficiency because he knew he wasn’t talented enough to get drafted without standing out in a specific area

So he just went long to a contest and kicked as much as he could

I was beyond disappointed when we drafted him
:laughv1:

You sound like a $10 bottle of wine friend…

(Dan Murphys add)

Considering how deep this draft is. Are the Camporeale boys worth our first or second pick if bid on?
l would say a definite no for our 1st and don't expect that will happen.
As a few have mentioned Ben is more likely to be 30-40 range because his kicking style/efficiency has some issues.

Lucas look very much like a late selection even rookie listed possibly.

Considering how deep this draft is. Are the Camporeale boys worth our first or second pick if bid on?

Neither probably. Don’t think they are expected to be bid on in top 30. Would hope our first 2 picks are used before they are bid on. Maybe we will try and upgrade our 2nd a few places to make sure.

Agresta indicated we will take 4 draftees. So lm expecting we use our first 2 picks then take the campos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward line including berry, mots, moir and lij around Charles and H, where do we sign
Berry Mckay Fogarty
Rachele Curnow Kemp

Elijah

Who knows... Maybe we could end up with a forward line something like this next year

Homer Drool GIF

I think Ben is getting a slightly bad reputation, but I doubt a team is selecting him inside the top 15.
I feel like his downside, kicking is being too heavily weighted against his upside, strong contested game, athleticism, strong read of the play.

In my mind he's of the archetype that Treloar or Worpel or at the very peak Dangerfield are.

Not all mids are good kicks

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like his downside, kicking is being too heavily weighted against his upside, strong contested game, athleticism, strong read of the play.

In my mind he's of the archetype that Treloar or Worpel or at the very peak Dangerfield are.

Not all mids are good kicks

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Worpel maybe, Treloar a far more powerful runner pre hamstrings imo. Ben is more on the Hollands boys line of runners, will motor along all day but isn't a break the lines type.

Very good at being involved in chains around the grounds though so his positioning is clearly top notch

Berry Mckay Fogarty
Rachele Curnow Kemp

Elijah

Who knows... Maybe we could end up with a forward line something like this next year

Homer Drool GIF
Starting to think there is method in the Crow’s madness. Lukosius and Neal-Bullen will take a bit of salary cap and draft capital. Think they might be trying to “force” a trade request.

Have wanted Rachele for a while, but just don’t see the value given our overall needs. Clearly wants to play more midfield. Haven’t seen enough of the “poor efforts” to form a judgement as to where he is at.

You are not going to get Rachele and Berry. Take your pick…

Worpel maybe, Treloar a far more powerful runner pre hamstrings imo. Ben is more on the Hollands boys line of runners, will motor along all day but isn't a break the lines type.

Very good at being involved in chains around the grounds though so his positioning is clearly top notch
I wouldn’t discount Ben as a line breaker in time. He is quite a raw package and could be developed in a number of ways. Kid has a good frame to build significantly more power. Could be developed like Ollie to get from contest to contest, could be utilised behind the ball as a HBF/defensive mid, or could be developed as a clearance player with his good hands and vision in close.

We should not be setting the bar too high, but too many are setting it way too low. Very confident will be a very valuable 200 game player. If he ends up costing us a third rounder or multiple fourths to match, it is going to be spectacular business. He is a genuine late first quality pick.

Starting to think there is method in the Crow’s madness. Lukosius and Neal-Bullen will take a bit of salary cap and draft capital. Think they might be trying to “force” a trade request.

Have wanted Rachele for a while, but just don’t see the value given our overall needs. Clearly wants to play more midfield. Haven’t seen enough of the “poor efforts” to form a judgement as to where he is at.

You are not going to get Rachele and Berry. Take your pick…
Question Coona... If you could make a straight swap of Cerra out Rachele in would you do it? Not that the Crows would be in play for a Cerra move but the picks involved in such a trade going for Rachele.

However, to your question - I'd take Berry given his better pace and tackling pressure, Rachele might be the better 'talent' but I just think Berry is a better fit.

But I just have a suspicion we're going to make a few fairly eyebrow raising moves this off season which could make things interesting. Couldn't tell you who, but I suspect someone notable will be moved on to make some much needed balance based moves, so I'm keeping myself open to a range of different outcomes. Perhaps a Rachele type opens the door to bringing in Lindsay for a midfield role, or a Taj Hotton etc.

Agresta said 4 draft picks this year in an interview and I expect that to be the case as well as a few mature age pick ups.

Outside of Armstrong think Id be split between Faull and Shanahan for the next best KPPs, both crash packs very well, think Shanahan may end up a fairly good KPD given his leap, doesn't quite clunk all of his marks but if he's spoiling over the top its hard to see many taking marks on him with the speed and height he jumps at the pack with.

Question Coona... If you could make a straight swap of Cerra out Rachele in would you do it? Not that the Crows would be in play for a Cerra move but the picks involved in such a trade going for Rachele.

However, to your question - I'd take Berry given his better pace and tackling pressure... but I just have a suspicion we're going to make a few fairly eyebrow raising moves this off season. Couldn't tell you who, but I suspect someone notable will be moved on to make some much needed balance based moves.

Agresta said 4 draft picks this year in an interview and I expect that to be the case as well as a few mature age pick ups.
I need to hear this interview, where was it? Four National Draft picks I assume, with two or three live rookie picks too.

I love Cerra and would not contemplate trading him. He has not been used as well as he could be. The hammy issues are concerning. Someone needs to talk to Treloar and find what regime has kept him on the park this year after a chronic soft tissue history. (I suspect Cez has an underlying back issue causing the dramas)

Yep, Berry would be my choice too. Have always liked Rachele, but he has some attitude issues to harness. A change of environment may be enough, Crows look a bit fragmented at the moment (Tex needs to go for the sake of binding their group for mine).

Think Berry brings that POD to the table. Love lefties and he has enough versatility to add to our scoring as well as connectivity from up the ground. For me a KPD is far more important, but think we can get a good one in the second or third round. The Kemp and Moir cameos suggest we are covered for third tall x-factor going forward in the front half.

Needing more dash and silk in the midfield, but genuinely believe the Hollands boys, the Camporeale boys and the addition of two way grunt with Lord will offer enough improvement short term, with Cody W adding the silk in a couple of years. Kemp moving forward in concert with H and Charlie also allows for an intro to the midfield for him, with the possibility that Moo may end up there long term as well.

We will have most of our current list for a couple of years, but there will be a significant changing of the guard down back. I suspect we will all be growling when Kempy ends up back there to fill gaps next year. We have to put pieces in place, starting now. A Key defender is non-negotiable this draft. There are a number of options. There are also a couple of excellent back half distributors in the draft, hopefully we get the chance to grab one of them. Lucas lasting to the rookie draft would be spectacular (think he may end up a HBF, just quietly)

Outside of Armstrong think Id be split between Faull and Shanahan for the next best KPPs, both crash packs very well, think Shanahan may end up a fairly good KPD given his leap, doesn't quite clunk all of his marks but if he's spoiling over the top its hard to see many taking marks on him with the speed and height he jumps at the pack with.

I have Shanahan above them. Spectacular work rate sets him apart from the rest of the draft class.

I have Shanahan above them. Spectacular work rate sets him apart from the rest of the draft class.
He does look very good. I watched that game live as one of my personally friends was playing in the game and he was just everywhere. Shocked when Noober released the video and he'd only had single digit disposals and marks. Doesn't shy away from bringing the ball to ground which is just about attribute number 1 for a key forward these days.

We will have most of our current list for a couple of years, but there will be a significant changing of the guard down back. I suspect we will all be growling when Kempy ends up back there to fill gaps next year. We have to put pieces in place, starting now. A Key defender is non-negotiable this draft. There are a number of options. There are also a couple of excellent back half distributors in the draft, hopefully we get the chance to grab one of them. Lucas lasting to the rookie draft would be spectacular (think he may end up a HBF, just quietly)
I quite like Zak Johnson in this draft from a half back perspective, bit of an odd one in that he seems capable of anything but plays a bit lackadaisical at times. Loves a long sleeve too which is always a bonus. I can't get a read on where he'll fall in this draft but I suspect right before a Ben bid would be fair price in the 25-35 range.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back